100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Guys, figured I'd finally make a post here. A little tired last night and thought I'd catch up this morning.
    First off, no need to thank me for doing this. Seeing how much you guys enjoyed this is thanks enough. Whenever you organize something like this you are always a bit skeptical of how well it will play out. But I don't think we could ask for anything more.

We played a great a bunch of guys from TO. A big thanks to them for agreeing to this and bringing a great bunch of guys with them. Thanks Dixon for doing such a great job on your end. Knowing I don't have to worry about what the other team is doing from an organizational aspect is such a relief. You did a great job and should be proud of your guys. From all accounts everyone enjoyed everyone else's company. You can't ask for much more when you're meeting someone for the first time.

We played a great course in great condition. A big thanks to the staff at TW for hosting us and being probably the most friendly staff I've ever come across. We had a bit of a slow start to the front nine on Sat and I don't think I've seen a more understanding and polite staff member ask us to "pick up the pace". I would never hesitate to go back there, even for a round by myself.

A huge thanks to Mule56 from TGN (TWoody here) for being my man on the ground in Belleville. He's a member at TW and did all the leg work with the course for me. I simply mentioned to him what I'd like to see and he made it happen. It was a huge burden off my and Dixon's back not having to worry about being in touch with the course every once in a while.

A big thanks to my teammates. By all accounts you guys were gentlemanly and sportsmanlike players. You represented the forum well and I couldn't be prouder. Actually getting to hang out with you guys for more time than a round of golf was an absolute pleasure. I'd take this bunch of guys with me into any event any time.

Another thanks to our opponents Mike and Bob. Two of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of playing golf with. I think our matches were some of the tightest out there and one of the only groupings that played all nine hole formats to the end both days. It was a pleasure guys, and if I'm ever down that way again I won't hesitate to look you guys up for a game.

A big thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Kilbank. The TGN guys loved the balls. Frank loved his hat. Dave and Chris enjoyed the glasses (a set of 4 glasses given to the team that accumulated the most points over the two days). I really appreciate it, thanks very much.

And finally a thanks to my partner. I missed out on getting to know Frank at last year's forum outing in the spring at Sorcier. So needless to say I was looking forward to teaming up with him for two days. Not sure what more can be said about him than what already has been said. Someone who drives 8 hrs for a fun weekend event is just an incredible person in my books. He is so enjoyable to be around. It was a pleasure teaming with you Frank. And if it wasn't for my partner the first day our outcome would've been different. I'm glad my game came around a bit on Sun. But regardless, thanks Frank for making the two days so enjoyable. I hope you continue to come to these events, its always a pleasure seeing you and getting to catch up.

Thanks again guys for agreeing to come out and play, I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. Look forward to doing this again.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Anyone interested in the results????
    Just so this will make sense to everyone, the following is the final tally for the OG teams. We played 4 9 hole formats. 1 pt for a win, .5 pt for a tie. And if a team swept both nines on a day they got an extra .5 pt. So adding up the points won't balance out to what they should if anyone got confused. Here we go:

Team #1

ironmaster & Geoff Johnston 1 win 2 losses 1 tie for 1.5 pts (I blame myself for us not having a better point total. Sorry Frank )

Team #2

Drew & Nat Williams 1 win 1 loss 2 ties for 2 pts

Team #3

mpare & Pinshark 2 wins 1 loss 1 tie for 2.5 pts

Team #4

davevandyk & Chris St. Michael 3 wins 1 loss for 3.5 pts (team that accumulated the most points over the 2 days, congrats guys)

Team #5

Lance LePage & jvincent 1 win 1 loss 2 ties for 2 pts

Team #6

hoolio & geronamo 2 wins 2 losses for 2 pts

Team #7

Jarred Perl & John 2 wins 1 loss 1 tie for 2.5 pts

Team #8

gbower & habsfan 1 win 2 losses 1 tie for 1.5 pts

Team #9

Indio & Fallys0820 2 wins 1 loss 1 tie for 3.0 pts

A job well done guys!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Even though Mr. Modest doesn't want any thanks, I'd like to do it anyway. Geoff, Dixon and everyone else who planned or helped out in making this happen, it was a great time, and everything seemed to work out perfectly. Even Mother-nature decided to pitch in and hold off the rain till the perfect time (as I was approaching the 416 speed trap).

Also a big thanks to the course, it was in great shape, and it's definitely one of the better tracks that I've had the chance to play. I enjoyed my burger which was served up in 5 minutes (How long did your's take Indio?).

Our opponents were great too, lots of fun and made sure we had to put up some good scores if we wanted to walk away with any points.

I'm sure Jarred forgot, but I'm sure he would like to thank geronamo and myself for cooling him off on Saturday night. We heard a little rumour that the A/C wasn't working in his room, so to make sure that he got a good rest we stopped off at the ice machine and brought him some temporary relief from the heat. He sure seemed to enjoy it.

Until next year lads!
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Gap Wedge focal is on a distinguished road

Congratulations

Congratulations to the OTG team for a well deserved win!

from the first team to the ninth, I've heard nothing but praise for well played matches. It was an awesome time for myself and the whole TGN team.

Thank you to Geoff who put this together. I really didn't have to do much except make sure my team showed up on time for the first tee. you must have a lot of DOWN time at work my friend

Thank you to our opponents ryan and jason. Just watching Ryan have to hit his little downhill 1 footer to assure his team's win on the 2nd match was priceless. Although the laugh at my tee ball on 18 was pretty good too. We had a great match and if not for a few putts & chips the score could have easily been 4-0-0, 0-4-0 or 0-0-4.....Two wins each was just as fitting.

Thanks again and we look forward to 2008!!

Quote Originally Posted by focal View Post
    Congratulations to the OTG team for a well deserved win!

from the first team to the ninth, I've heard nothing but praise for well played matches. It was an awesome time for myself and the whole TGN team.

Thank you to Geoff who put this together. I really didn't have to do much except make sure my team showed up on time for the first tee. you must have a lot of DOWN time at work my friend

Thank you to our opponents ryan and jason. Just watching Ryan have to hit his little downhill 1 footer to assure his team's win on the 2nd match was priceless. Although the laugh at my tee ball on 18 was pretty good too. We had a great match and if not for a few putts & chips the score could have easily been 4-0-0, 0-4-0 or 0-0-4.....Two wins each was just as fitting.

Thanks again and we look forward to 2008!!
    As for the work comment, I won't touch that one.

But thanks for having such a well organized team Dixon. I'm sure a lesser organized person would've put a lot of strain on the organization of this event. You were a formidable opponent. I can't wait until next time.

Putter kryz-hack is on a distinguished road
    Good picture. I'm glad it turned out nicely.

Congradulations to you Ottawa guys on the win.

I had a fun time, and thank you for letting me play. You guys were alot of fun and a great group.

I would like a list of names and ('call-signs') of all the guys in the picture, so maybe I can try to remember them next time I see them.

Cheers
    from 'Thrillium Wood'

Mike

Hey Mike, welcome to the board.

I'll try to sort out who's who a bit later tonight for you.

And thanks for the matches on the weekend, it was a blast.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    First of all Thanks to Geoff and Dixon for getting this going. I can imagine all the countless hours that went into this event and it showed BIG TIME. The event could not have been more enjoyable.

Thanks to Mike (Mpare) for playing through the pain....I still don't know how you hit so well without being able to walk. You were amazing down the stretch Sunday allowing me to flail away at the ball. The pressure went up and you cranked it on!

Thanks to the rest of the OG team good to see the guys I have met before and really nice to meet some new members of the forum.

Of course Thanks to Dave and Brian our FCs A couple of great guys and the four of us a couple great rounds of golf.

Hope to be a "chosen one" next year and Mike I hope we can play together again!
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

OG and TGN

ANother pic of the gang
    Last edited by The Saint; 01-05-2008 at 12:54 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Hoolio, Sorry my fat face is blocking you from that pic buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    ANother pic of the gang

I actually thought the picture looked much better without me. Odds are that if your head wasn't there, the Coors Light glass would likely be obstructing my face anyway.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Don't you mean a Miller Genuine Draft?

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I don't think they sold MGD ..
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Precisely my point.

Lance was really looking forward to an MGD when he saw Hoolio having one after day one. When the poor waitress told him they didn't have that at the course I thought he made a sparkling recovery.

I'm sure I have no idea what you gentlemen are alluding to. But yes, nice save Lance.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    We played a great course in great condition. A big thanks to the staff at TW for hosting us and being probably the most friendly staff I've ever come across. We had a bit of a slow start to the front nine on Sat and I don't think I've seen a more understanding and polite staff member ask us to "pick up the pace". I would never hesitate to go back there, even for a round by myself.

A huge thanks to Mule56 from TGN (TWoody here) for being my man on the ground in Belleville. He's a member at TW and did all the leg work with the course for me. I simply mentioned to him what I'd like to see and he made it happen. It was a huge burden off my and Dixon's back not having to worry about being in touch with the course every once in a while.

Another thanks to our opponents Mike and Bob. Two of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of playing golf with. I think our matches were some of the tightest out there and one of the only groupings that played all nine hole formats to the end both days. It was a pleasure guys, and if I'm ever down that way again I won't hesitate to look you guys up for a game.
    I have to tell you, I have golfed with a lot of people over the last 7 years of playing this game and I would certainly golf with you, Frank and Mike anytime, any where again. It was my pleasure to open up the Trillium Woods hidden gem to the TGN - OG family. I know the course enjoyed having everyone. If any of guys ever what to come down again just Mike or I know and we'll glad make sure you get looked after and may even join ya.
    TWoody
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I'm sure Jarred forgot, but I'm sure he would like to thank geronamo and myself for cooling him off on Saturday night. We heard a little rumour that the A/C wasn't working in his room, so to make sure that he got a good rest we stopped off at the ice machine and brought him some temporary relief from the heat. He sure seemed to enjoy it.
    no i wont forget... longer version of the story.. it was 1230am and Hoolio and Geronamo decided to steal Nats room key and dump a bucket of ice on my head while i was sleeping... i was so looking forward to getting you back while you were all hungover the next morning after you drinking like 30ish beers... but you werent hungover AT ALL!!! WTF!!! guess my revenge will have to wait.... dont worry i wont forget about that muhahaha...

I really think my version of things is more accurate, after all, I was the one who was awake.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I really think my version of things is more accurate, after all, I was the one who was awake.
    You were awake but missing SOME of your faculties
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    That's all crazy talk. I went to bed right after Jarred at around 8 o'clock. Anything that happened after that point I can not be responsible for.

PS speaking of air conditioning...was anyone elses room below freezing?

Quote Originally Posted by geronamo View Post
    That's all crazy talk. I went to bed right after Jarred at around 8 o'clock. Anything that happened after that point I can not be responsible for.

PS speaking of air conditioning...was anyone elses room below freezing?

The best part of that is it took you until 6AM to turn it off. I was plenty warm, must've been all the covers and blankets I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    no i wont forget... longer version of the story.. it was 1230am and Hoolio and Geronamo decided to steal Nats room key and dump a bucket of ice on my head while i was sleeping... i was so looking forward to getting you back while you were all hungover the next morning after you drinking like 30ish beers... but you werent hungover AT ALL!!! WTF!!! guess my revenge will have to wait.... dont worry i wont forget about that muhahaha...
    You didn't have much luck with the sleeping accommodations last weekend did ya Junior!

Friday night it was a sauna and Saturday its a deep freeze

akrus
    Just to stir crap up...

I don't think you can call Coors light a beer, even if there were 30 of them... That's like playin' a par 3 course and being happy that you shot 75...

Hehehe! I may request to tee it up with Hoolio next year - I thought we were supposed to be well behaved this year????

In all seriousness, I gotta play ya Hoolio, just to see what all the chatter is about!

What the hell is Ottawa doing?????????? I have money on them, dnamit!!!!

BTW Geoff, I want to lodge a complaint! On Sunda on the 13th hole (174 yd par 3) I got a birdie and they wouldn't let me count it!!!

I hit my T shot, flying in beautifully, real nice draw, lands on a freaking bird standing on the green and rolls away from the pin! DAM!!! I am sure it was a Blue Jay! (read Toronto) Thought I had killed the sucker but after a few seconds of flopping around the bugger flew away.....

Quote Originally Posted by akrus View Post
    Just to stir crap up...

I don't think you can call Coors light a beer, even if there were 30 of them... That's like playin' a par 3 course and being happy that you shot 75...

Hehehe! I may request to tee it up with Hoolio next year - I thought we were supposed to be well behaved this year????

In all seriousness, I gotta play ya Hoolio, just to see what all the chatter is about!

What the hell is Ottawa doing?????????? I have money on them, dnamit!!!!
    Hoolio was on his BEST behavior You should see him when he lets loose..... not a pretty sight

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    BTW Geoff, I want to lodge a complaint! On Sunda on the 13th hole (174 yd par 3) I got a birdie and they wouldn't let me count it!!!

I hit my T shot, flying in beautifully, real nice draw, lands on a freaking bird standing on the green and rolls away from the pin! DAM!!! I am sure it was a Blue Jay! (read Toronto) Thought I had killed the sucker but after a few seconds of flopping around the bugger flew away.....
    Sorry buddy, if the ball had landed and stayed in the bird's mouth you might have a complaint, but because you didn't put the ball in the hole we can't rightfully count it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Sorry buddy, if the ball had landed and stayed in the bird's mouth you might have a complaint, but because you didn't put the ball in the hole we can't rightfully count it.
    Oh crap, I screwed up and hit the wrong end of the damned bird. Why do the rules of golf have to be so damned technical

Quote Originally Posted by kryz-hack View Post
    Good picture. I'm glad it turned out nicely.

Congradulations to you Ottawa guys on the win.

I had a fun time, and thank you for letting me play. You guys were alot of fun and a great group.

I would like a list of names and ('call-signs') of all the guys in the picture, so maybe I can try to remember them next time I see them.

Cheers
    from 'Thrillium Wood'

Mike

Mike, check out the Ottawa Golf only pic on the first page of this thread. I'll start with guys crouching down from left to right with their real names, and their Ottawa Golf forum names:

Jarred Perl (same name on forum), Gerry (gbower), Lance (Pinshark), Jason (geronamo), John (jvincent).

Next row: Chris St. Michael (same name on forum), Patrick (habsfan), Frank (ironmaster), Bob (Indio), Mike (mpare), Geoff Johnston (same name on forum), Ryan (hoolio).

Next row: Scott (Fallys0820), Dave (davevandyk), Andy (Drew), Lance LePage (same name on forum), Nat Williams (same name on forum), Jordan (John)

There you go, that's our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Oh crap, I screwed up and hit the wrong end of the damned bird. Why do the rules of golf have to be so damned technical
    Funny how the rules take all the fun out of the game.....

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar

god damn i look ripped in that pic! -ala Depe

Thread Information