100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge Darcy Tucker is on a distinguished road

Tip that helped me out a lot.

I have always been a very inconsistent golfer as I've always been a high 90's or 100 shooter. Anyways I used to always play with an extremely strong grip that felt comfortable but would never comfortably get my clubhead square (which i have now learned is a must) at the top of the swing. This led to some good shots then some bad shots and then some worse shots...Anyways I have now switched to a neutral or weak grip (don't really know the difference yet) but when i bring the club head back my arms kind of hinge and it naturally brings my clubhead square automatically. This might not sound to important but for me it has been significant. I'm now so much more consistent. From being a 100 golfer in the last 27 holes I have played since making this change my scores have dropped to a 42, and an 87. Hope this might help the hackers.

Driver natgolfer is on a distinguished road

Eureka!

Congratulations on you the improvement that you made.

Normally, making a swing/grip change takes several weeks to feel comfortable, so try not to allow yourself to creep back to what has been comfortable for a long time.

Continue to watch your ball flight patterns, which will indicate whether any further adjustments are necessary.

If your ball starts on target or slightly right of target, assuming you are a right hander, and still curves off line, then don't change your swing, alter your grip. This means that he path of the club head coming into the ball is good, and so obviously is your swing, but because your grip may be in an unacceptable position, it needs to be changed first.

If the ball starts left of target, then it is a swing problem of a more serious nature, that will require a lot of work.

Thread Information