100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

I Finally Bought A Scotty

Ok after always saying I would not spend the money on a Scotty Cameron putter I now own one.
    I bought a new CIRCA 2 this evening. A Retirement/25 TH Wedding Anniversary gift to myself. Afterall I bought my wife a diamond ring for the annniversary so I had to have a gift!
    My question is this, and you will likely laugh. Do I remove the sticker that has the lie/loft/length on it and the one that states the fact you should rub baby oil on the putter to protect it.
    Now I realize I should not put this putter back into the headcover when it is damp. I won't have an issue with that as I have always wiped off my YES.
    But when and how often should I oil this putter?
    As for the stickers. You tell me. My preference would be to remove them as I think they make the shaft look tacky!
    Thanks
    Rick
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    As for the stickers. You tell me. My preference would be to remove them as I think they make the shaft look tacky
    If it helps, I always laugh inside when I see people on the first tee with stickers still on the shafts of their drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    If it helps, I always laugh inside when I see people on the first tee with stickers still on the shafts of their drivers.
    Well me too! I always remove those stickers. But since this is a Scotty I thought it might be wise to leave it on as it in on the underside of the shaft. The guys I play with would not know any better I also thought for resale it might be worth leaving them on.
    Thanks for the timely advice!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Rick, if you're completely sold on the putter and will never sell it again, doesn't matter what you keep or get rid of. But on the off chance it doesn't work out for you, having the shaft band (loft/lie/length sticker) will help on the resale. It's not a deal breaker, but it's one of those little things people look for when buying a Scotty. You can get rid of the care sticker though, nobody cares about them.

Oh and congrats and welcome to the dark side.

Yeah I did some Ebay searching and came across a couple of used Circa's that still had the shaft label. I took off the oil one, but for now I will leave the lie/loft one on. It is underneath the shaft and not that visable. I guess if you were carefull you could take it off and preserve it somehow. But too much hassle!

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    As far as oiling. You should oil it after youve cleaned and dryed the putter head after every round. I dont own an oil can/gun blue putter anymore but the one I did keep and used for awhile, I sprayed a little WD-40 into the headcover.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Did you buy the new Circa # 2 from 2007? If so, you don't have to oil it at all with that finish. All you have to do is use the silicone cloth after each round to keep it clean.

I was the same as you and bought one after saying that I wouldn't drop the cash on one and I don't regret it one bit.

I have the Circa #2 from 2007 and I left the sticker on that says the lie angle etc...It just looks like a normal band like any iron shaft might have, so I left it on.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    Did you buy the new Circa # 2 from 2007? If so, you don't have to oil it at all with that finish. All you have to do is use the silicone cloth after each round to keep it clean.

I was the same as you and bought one after saying that I wouldn't drop the cash on one and I don't regret it one bit.

I have the Circa #2 from 2007 and I left the sticker on that says the lie angle etc...It just looks like a normal band like any iron shaft might have, so I left it on.
    Mine is the 2006 model, so it needs oiling. I normally wipe off my putters if they are damp, before putting them back in the headcover. So that will not be a big issue. The label on mine says to use Baby Oil to wipe it down with. That's kind of kinky I could have bought the 2007 model but I saved quite a bit by buying this one and it is brand new.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Mine is the 2006 model, so it needs oiling. I normally wipe off my putters if they are damp, before putting them back in the headcover. So that will not be a big issue. The label on mine says to use Baby Oil to wipe it down with. That's kind of kinky I could have bought the 2007 model but I saved quite a bit by buying this one and it is brand new.

Ah okay...I wasn't sure which model so I guess you're going to have a little more upkeep with it then. Not like you don't have the time though.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    The label on mine says to use Baby Oil to wipe it down with. That's kind of kinky I could have bought the 2007 model but I saved quite a bit by buying this one and it is brand new.
    You don't really expect us to believe that a "pig" like you regards Baby Oil as kinky do you??!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    You don't really expect us to believe that a "pig" like you regards Baby Oil as kinky do you??!!??
    Yeah I will take the bottle out of the nightstand and put it in the car now

I played 18 today with the new Scotty. I THREE JACKED the first green and also 3 jacked two more greens, both for boogies. Not the fault of the putter, it was the dude using it Plus the greens at my course are not exactly in US Open condition at the present time.

I did however roll in 3 birides from outside 13 feet with it, so I was happy.

I also carefully dried it off before putting it back into the putter cover. Trust me, I will look after this investment!

Grats on the 3 birds!!!

I wish there was a decent mini-putt course around here.........didn't the kids kinda look at you funny using a $400 putter??

Grats on the 3 birds!!!

I wish there was a decent mini-putt course around here.........didn't the kids kinda look at you funny using a $400 putter??
    Yeah the birds were nice. Great thing was on two holes my playing partner rolled in birdie putts and then I rolled them in right on top of his! Now that is golfing two balls
    Mini putt course Now it isn't long at 6200 from the blues. But when it gets windy out there it becomes your worse nightmare!

$400??? Man there is no way I paid or would pay $400 for a putter! Let's just say I got a good deal and if you are curious you can PM me

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Let's just say I got a good deal and if you are curious you can PM me
    Hi Rick

It sounds like you got a great deal on the Scotty. I wouldn't expect anything less.
    Email me with the cost details you paid. Just curious. Its probably still more than the driver I put into play today with used components, only thing new was the grip.
    Kind regards, Harry

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Hey GB, welcome to the rest of your life!

Now, the real trick is stopping at 1! I think that I have bought (at one time or another) 14, and still remember the Newport Studio Stainless that started this all off...

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    Hey GB, welcome to the rest of your life!

Now, the real trick is stopping at 1! I think that I have bought (at one time or another) 14, and still remember the Newport Studio Stainless that started this all off...
    Nah, stopping at one will not be a problem. I have 3 flat sticks, the Circa 62, a Yes Tracy II and a TM Rosa Fontanna.

That is more than enough putters for my Ho Tastes!

Now what I might have an issue with is some Scotty Headcovers

Now what I might have an issue with is some Scotty Headcovers
    I was trying my best not to mention the headcovers

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Well, if you are worried about headcovers, I best not mention cash covers, pivot tools, clip tools and all of the other great stuff out there to tempt you!

I was trying my best not to mention the headcovers

Actually I think what I will do is put my headcover from St Thomas Golf & Country Club on my Scotty. That way no one sees the Scotty cover which could lead to theft. Not that I am away from my clubs for any amount of time. But running into the clubhouse for a snack or something, you never know.
    I can not see myself getting carried away with headcovers etc. To me that is decoration, it does not help my game!
    Hey I sunk a 45 foot uphill BOMB today for birdie. My buddy said "That putt just paid for that putter"

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Welcome to the crew Goflbum. Mr. Cameron can be a great asset and as you already proved if your putting like an idiot not even Scotty can help ya but if you are he's awesome. Also I dunno I just think the putters look cool thats part of the reason I bought it over anything else oh and I have the same grip as tiger lol. The similarities stop there!

I thought the SCOTTY CAMERON name might have some effect on my playing partners. I mean not many guys I play with will drop that kind of coin on a putter
    I will be using it tomorrow on faster greens so I will see how it performs. Added pressure of playing along side a CPGA Pro could cause some Added pressure of playing the private course I now work at and it is not easy.
    Should be a fun morning!

Sand Wedge GOLFEROLIC is on a distinguished road
    Keep te stickers on GB, till you fell it's "the one" for you

Oh my badddddddd habit, everything i bough the first thing i do is pill of the plastic, stickers, price tag, even barcode, clean off the glue, then i'm happy. I lost so much for resale value. still doing it though, i don't laugh at people with the sticker on no more, i admire them

After all i also got a Scotty, first one SC studio newport didin't like it, now the studio design 2.5 loving it so much so i bough another one sustom shop pro platum finished for spare may sell the old and use the new one. can't blame the putter anymore, blame it on the green, the line

Thread Information