100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar

Casselview conditions

Fairways, tee boxes and the course in general was very good. Greens are struggling in a very odd fashion but they were cut short. Yet the putting was pretty accurate. Well not mine today LOL. Enjoyed the round. The new Tee's are similar to what they use to be from the whites, the blues I think have been shorten by approx 150 yards, this being a guess and might be way off. The new Golds are mainly where the blue use to be and didn't pay much attention to the ladies or seniors, so not sure if they changed at all.

You wouldn't regret your round.

6 Iron Rapture Man is on a distinguished road
    Here are the new yardages at Casselview.

Gold - 6705 yds (new set of tees added on certain holes)
    Blue - 6398 yds (formerly 6551 yds)
    White - 6021 yds (formerly 6020 yds)
    Green - 5330 yds (very similar to former red tees)
    Red - 4851 yds (formerly 5233 yds - new set of tees added on certain holes)

As for the greens, Casselview uses a unique covering system for their greens which normally keeps them in top condition come spring time. However this year because of the higher than normal temperatures and heat wave in December, the greens were subjected to high temperature fostering the spread of a disease to most of the greens. The result is a series of elephant footprint like circles all over the greens. Looks weird at first but does not affect putting significantly. The greens are expected to be back in excellent shape in the next few weeks.

Fairways are in excellent shape, lush and dry.
    Keep it vertical!!

6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road
    Played Casselview yesterday. The greens are not in good shape. They should not be charging full price. I will not be going back there for a long time.

On the positive side of things the course was pretty empty (probbaly because of the poor greens) and we (foursome) got around in just under 4 hours.

6 Iron Rapture Man is on a distinguished road
    It was Mother's Day when you played. The course is always pretty empty on those days.

As for the greens, I agree they are not in the best of shape this spring, nevertheless my putting average over four games this year compared to last year when the greens were in excellent shape is .2 strokes better. The greens look bad but they do not roll bad.
    Keep it vertical!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture Man View Post
    It was Mother's Day when you played. The course is always pretty empty on those days.

As for the greens, I agree they are not in the best of shape this spring, nevertheless my putting average over four games this year compared to last year when the greens were in excellent shape is .2 strokes better. The greens look bad but they do not roll bad.

I feal trhe exact same. Last year the green were simply amazing from day 1. But on tuesday I, 2 putted 14 holes. Can't not blame the greens for any missed putts. they do look terrible but they roll fine
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Gap Wedge haggus75 is on a distinguished road
    Anyone play there recently... I'm going there on Friday for a tournament and wondering what are the condition.

Thank you,
    Martin

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I played there on Saturday and the greens are still in pretty bad shape. some of them are ok but the majority of them have these crop circles everywhere. The rest of the course is in nice shape.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Greens were punched on mon (front 9) and tuesday (back nine). They were very very tuff on the roll of the ball. Had a "break left hard" read from 3 feet away that kicked far right! The Pro said that the greens should be much better by the weekend. The course itself was in good shape.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Thread Information