CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter kr79831 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Hi and help! lol

First off HI yall! Second I have aquired a set of Kenneth Smith clubs, ummm I dont play I am usually the cheerleader. Honestly I have reasearched these clubs and all I know is that the company is out of business. Does anyone know how much these things are worth because I dont want to go into golfsmith and them try to rip me off ya know. Anyone please help!

Kristin

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kr79831 View Post
    First off HI yall! Second I have aquired a set of Kenneth Smith clubs, ummm I dont play I am usually the cheerleader. Honestly I have reasearched these clubs and all I know is that the company is out of business. Does anyone know how much these things are worth because I dont want to go into golfsmith and them try to rip me off ya know. Anyone please help!

Kristin
    Welcome to the forum Kristen! I can't help you on the value of clubs but I am sure one of the members on here will post their opinions! Lots of knowledge in here for sure! Good luck and again, welcome
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Hi Kristin - Welcome Aboard the Board!!

I don't know anything about Kenneth Smith golf clubs, but I'd suggest searching on eBay for similiar clubs, that should at least give you some ball park numbers to help ease your concerns about getting ripped-off (although you should know that you'll be less value from a trade-in than you will if you sell them privately).

Ebay

I looked on Ebay first but they only had a few clubs selling, not a whole set...hence coming here.

Kristin

Frustration

Arg, so I went to Golfsmith, they didnt have any idea either. HELP SOMEONE!!!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Hello Kristen

I did some Google work and came up with this auction on Yahoo
    Kenneth Smith Cavity Back Irons
    Here is the LINK
    There really is not a lot of info out there, at least I can not find much on Kenneth Smith irons. I did come across this article, but it was not dated.

The name Kenneth Smith is associated with custom-made golf equipment around the world. And rightly so as the Kenneth Smith Company has been supplying hand-crafted golf clubs to players globally for nearly 70 years — until now that is.
    As of now, the gates are locked, the inventory has been liquidated (nearly 400 pieces have been sold by the company on E-Bay since last November) and the web site is no longer available.
    The company has laid off its employees, and the buildings and land — which have significant historic value — seems to be destined for another suburban subdivision.
    Mr. Smith was introduced to the game in 1916 when he accepted a job as a caddie at Mission Hills C.C., because it paid better than his old newspaper route. Soon after, he was made an apprentice clubmaker at the course, and then took on the duties full-time when the resident clubmaker was called into military service.
    Smith opened his own clubmaking company in 1928 in Kansas City. Shortly after, he custom built a set of clubs for a pro named Horton Smith, who would later gain immortality in winning the first and third Masters Tournaments — thus created the demand for Kenneth Smith products.
    Mr. Smith died in 1977, but his company had continued to operate in the same low-key, high-quality manner he championed.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
    Have fun here, great bunch of people. I have been to Texas and met some nice people.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
    Have fun here, great bunch of people. I have been to Texas and met some nice people.
    You've been to Texas, but haven't been to your nation's capital. Geez, what type fo Canadian are you?????
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    You've been to Texas, but haven't been to your nation's capital. Geez, what type fo Canadian are you?????
    No offense but there has been no reason for me to come to Ottawa in the past Did not know anyone there, so no reason to visit! Been to Renfrew once, is that close enough?
    Been to Texas twice.
    I AM A GOOD CANADIAN
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information