100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Is drilling holes through your driver really good for the functionality of the club though? I actually sawan an add on TV for a new driver with an oval shaped shaft Vs. round and a clubhead with 6 holes through it so I imagine it works.

Does it conform to the rules of golf though?

Technology, it's all about technology.

The club you use, the ball you hit, and how much moiney you have for the fancy toys.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

RulesNut Gary Hill is on a distinguished road Gary Hill's Avatar
    You cannot drill holes through the head.

Curious George
    Not your club head, anyway. I drilled into my own head, and now every day of golf is a joy. I drool a lot, though.

Curious George
    Latest news (if anyone cares).

Just wanted to thank everyone for their open comments and suggestions. I've worked on the drive a bit. A LOT of it is confidence. But the last 4 games (and on the driving range), I've been able to consistently (a) go down the middle, straight (or maybe a fade), and (b) get about 260 to 280 yards out of it (had a 265 into the wind, 300 with a small breeze, etc.)

Thanks.

4 Iron ShaneOttawa is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Curious George
    Latest news (if anyone cares).

Just wanted to thank everyone for their open comments and suggestions. I've worked on the drive a bit. A LOT of it is confidence. But the last 4 games (and on the driving range), I've been able to consistently (a) go down the middle, straight (or maybe a fade), and (b) get about 260 to 280 yards out of it (had a 265 into the wind, 300 with a small breeze, etc.)

Thanks.
    That's nice work, going from being concerned about your distance to being a fairly long hitter in such a short time.

With exceptions for age, injury, etc, I think just about any male should be able to hit 260-280 if they have good mechanics and are confident enough to execute.

Curious George
    I think you're right, that's why 270 was a goal for me.

And thanks, but I think I had more time than I usually do. I practiced almost every night, and played more than normal (5 games on canada day weekend alone).

I was already consistently out 250 before, but now I'm not so timid on the swing. Also, I was conscious of some of the tips (too much weight was leaking outside of my right foot, too much disconnection with the arms, a bit of a fade too often from accelerating from the top, etc...)

I would say the confidence was the final factor. Once I had the swing down, every time I gripped the driver felt like a sure thing. Thanks again.

8 Iron stanley is on a distinguished road

well

....I don't think I have correct swing mechanics or enough confidence, because I'm pretty far off from hitting 260-270.

Who would you suggest for a lesson for my woods?? I'm going to take a lesson this year, because not getting off the tee well is what's affecting my game.

4 Iron ShaneOttawa is on a distinguished road

Re: well

Originally posted by stanley
    ....I don't think I have correct swing mechanics or enough confidence, because I'm pretty far off from hitting 260-270.

Who would you suggest for a lesson for my woods?? I'm going to take a lesson this year, because not getting off the tee well is what's affecting my game.
    Eddie Dunn from the 19th Tee built my swing from scratch. He's an old time teacher who keeps it simple and can spot and fix a swing flaw in about five minutes. His son is Director of Golf at The Marshes.

8 Iron stanley is on a distinguished road
    thanks, Shane, I might check him out.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Are we talking carry distance in this post or the distance with roll ?

Can't fathom anyone beside the pros would carry 300yds !
    Haven't seen a long one hit on the range yet

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Cool more more more

Last edited by Chieflongtee; 07-18-2003 at 10:38 PM.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Arrow but..........

this also should be taken under consideration:

http://www.clubmaker-online.com/length1.html

Curious George
    Neat.

There are certainly some days (dry or with wind) where the distance really goes, but generally I land about 220-240 and get the rest in roll.

I have seen non-pros carry it 250 plus...quite amazing. Usually big guys.

alice
    When I was 16 (1982) the head pro at the club I was a member told me that the reason I was able to get the long ball was due to having fast hands through the hitting zone. He told me that sometimes length is something that naturally comes with a person's swing. I know that you can increase your length by working on various aspects but hitting the ball a long way was always something that came natural. What I needed to work on was getting it to go straight. Now my driving is probably one of the top 3 parts of my game. I still hit it around 285-300 on a regular basis and usually end up in the fairway.

Thread Information