CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: golf getaway

3 Iron guitarman is on a distinguished road guitarman's Avatar

golf getaway

I'm thinking of vacationing up in the Ottawa area this summer. My wife has some family up there. Can anyone tell me of any good golf getaway vacation spots in Ottawa?
    Terry

3 Wood Kiwi-man is on a distinguished road Kiwi-man's Avatar
    If you want to drive to Mt. Tremblant, my brother has a condo on Le Diable that he rents. I can send you some info if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-man View Post
    If you want to drive to Mt. Tremblant, my brother has a condo on Le Diable that he rents. I can send you some info if you want.
    As I have nothing planned yet, I'd appreciate that. Not sure where Mt Tremblant is. Is it far from Ottawa?
    Terry

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    A couple hours east or so from Ottawa.

What are you looking for Terry? High end courses, reasonably priced courses. Close to shopping, restaurants etc?

The Marshes is a high end course in Kanata (just west of Ottawa) and the Brookstreet hotel is affiliated with it. I'm sure they have stay and play packages.

There are others as well.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    A couple hours east or so from Ottawa.

What are you looking for Terry? High end courses, reasonably priced courses. Close to shopping, restaurants etc?

The Marshes is a high end course in Kanata (just west of Ottawa) and the Brookstreet hotel is affiliated with it. I'm sure they have stay and play packages.

There are others as well.
    Yes, I'm looking for something close to shopping, restaraunts. Reasonably priced. Not too hard but still fun courses. I shoot between 95 and 100 and my wife is around 115. I'd prefer closer to Ottawa so that my wife can spend a bit of time with family.
    Terry

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    You might try Mont Pellier on the Quebec side--it is a mountain course and a lot of fun to play--about 1 hr from Ottawa.just punch in Mont Pellier Golf in your google and links will show up--also Renfrew--1 hr away---Calabogie--1 Hr---Click on Featured Courses in upper left...most are there. PS. we are 2nd highest ratio of courses in North America
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
    Yes, I'm looking for something close to shopping, restaraunts. Reasonably priced. Not too hard but still fun courses. I shoot between 95 and 100 and my wife is around 115. I'd prefer closer to Ottawa so that my wife can spend a bit of time with family.

There is a very large selection of courses within a 40 drive from Ottawa. You could always pick a place to stay and then might have a bit of travel but the courses would be well worth it.

http://www.ottawagolf.com/coursemenu/index.htm
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Blak_Vento
    Chateau Cartier has some play & stay packages as well www.chateaucartier.com

There is a very large selection of courses within a 40 drive from Ottawa. You could always pick a place to stay and then might have a bit of travel but the courses would be well worth it.

http://www.ottawagolf.com/coursemenu/index.htm
    This would actually be a good idea. Do you know of any really good accomadations that would include hot/spa tub in the room have a nice outdoor/indoor pool etc..?
    Terry

Brookstreet, but its probably a bit pricey. As for any others off hand I'm not much of a help. Not too often I stay at a hotel in Ottawa if you know what I mean.

Best bet is to just do a google search Terry. Wish I could be of more help.

Brookstreet, but its probably a bit pricey. As for any others off hand I'm not much of a help. Not too often I stay at a hotel in Ottawa if you know what I mean.

Best bet is to just do a google search Terry. Wish I could be of more help.
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction. Brookstreet looks nice. $200 per person for the Master suite with Jacuzzi and balcony. Whats your idea of pricey. Doesn't seem so bad.
    Terry

Thanks for pointing me in the direction. Brookstreet looks nice. $200 per person for the Master suite with Jacuzzi and balcony. Whats your idea of pricey. Doesn't seem so bad.

Not sure what I'd consider pricey, but Brookstreet just has that "high society" reputation. So I figured it would be priced accordingly. But that does seem reasonable to me as well. Just trying to look out for you Terry.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    The Chateau Cartier is also a nice hotel on a golf course, just across the river from ottawa in Quebec... 5 minute drive to Ottawa. Big Mac posted the link earlier in this thread
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    The Chateau Cartier is also a nice hotel on a golf course, just across the river from ottawa in Quebec... 5 minute drive to Ottawa. Big Mac posted the link earlier in this thread

Are you sure its only 5 minutes away from Ottawa. My wife thinks its quite a bit farther than that.
    Terry

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    It's across the bridge from Ottawa... the bridge is literally 1 minute away to cross to Ottawa. Downtown Ottawa (Byward market) is about another 5-10 minutes from the bridge.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Are you sure its only 5 minutes away from Ottawa. My wife thinks its quite a bit farther than that.
    It's a lot closer than the Marshes to downtown, just east of the Champlain Bridge in Aylmer. If your wife's family is in Kanata, well the Marshes is definitely closer, but if they're east of Kanata/Bells Corners/Barrhaven, Chateau Cartier is probably closer.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    It's a lot closer than the Marshes to downtown, just east of the Champlain Bridge in Aylmer. If your wife's family is in Kanata, well the Marshes is definitely closer, but if they're east of Kanata/Bells Corners/Barrhaven, Chateau Cartier is probably closer.

Her family lives near St Laurent Blvd on southbale cresc.
    Terry

Pitching Wedge Golf_Putz is on a distinguished road Golf_Putz's Avatar
    Her family lives near St Laurent Blvd on southbale cresc.
    St. Laurent is on the other side of town from Kanata. I would therefore pick the Chateau Cartier as it is closer to her family, plus, there are a number of other golf courses within a very short drive of Chateau Cartier (Champlain is across the street!), while Vieux Moulins, Mt St. Marie, Edelweiss, Gatineau, Kingsway Park, Montebello, etc. are all within a 15 - 60 minute drive from Chateau Cartier on the Quebec side. And I am probably missing some. As someone said earlier... LOTS of courses close by and you are only a short drive from your wife's family. You are also very close to Gatineau Park, if you like hiking, great lookout points to see the Ottawa city and Valley landscape, etc.
    [I]Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty. ~Harry Vardon[/I]

Thread Information