100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Senators-Sabers

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh Babyyyyyyyyy

Lets Go Sens!!!!

Bring Lord Stanley Home. Way to go boys.

Alfie for PM
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    After so many years of disappointment and having been in the crowd when we lost in the final minutes against NJ in game 7 a while back, I couldn't be happier. MAN - what a feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Alfie owes my 17 month old daughter an apology for scoring the OT winner.. I jumped 3 feet off the couch and screamed.. Resulting in me scaring the crap out of her! Way to go boys!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    My 18 year old daughter had friends over, and asked Mrs K to "tone it down a bit". Hilarious stuff!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    12 down-----4 to go Congrats guys
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    From the resident SHARKS FAN.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OTTAWA SENATORS ON ADVANCING TO THE

STANLEY CUP FINALS.

Here's hoping they can bring home THE CUP. If it could not be the Sharks then I am happy if Ottawa wins it.

Pity those LEAFS Fans right about now

Now onto another matter. How frickin STUPID is Gary Bettman? First he has a playoff game at 2 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. Now if this is how he thinks the NHL and NBC will gain new viewers then he is smoking crack. It's the middle of May, weather is warm and people are outside. Sure the dedicated fans would watch that game, but the casual fan would not.
    Then to add insult to injury NBC FAILS TO SHOW THE OVERTIME The Kentucky Derby broadcast came on at 5 PM, even though the race was likely a half hour later, or more (Did not check to see what time it actually started) So Mr Bettman thinks that by having NBC carry the playoff game he did a wise thing for the US fans? Duhhhhhhhhhhh wake up Gary, they MISSED THE OVERTIME

OK enough ranting about Bettman.

AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SENS AND THEIR FANS. YOU DESERVE THIS TRIP TO THE STANLEY CUP FINALS.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    we lost game 4 to keep up the streak. 5 games. We'll take the cup in 5 too! (with a 'knock on wood' for jonf )
    It's happening! And as long as we meet Detroit in the finals I win my hockey pool aswell (p.s. thanks to heatley for getting me another 3pts .. best first round pick i coulda made!)
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I was listening to Team 1200 while in the car a few minutes ago and a fan called in and said, ok guys, I am jumping on board the Senators bandwagon.... I will now be using my Mats Sundin Leafs jersey to check the oil in my car!

Now do I believe he was really a Leafs fan Leafs fans are true & blue and would never switch teams, but it was pretty funny
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    what a game boys, i was there first hand in buffalo, and i can tell you i have never been that nervous in my life!! Great game, awesome atmosphere and WOW ALFIE!!!

LET"S GO SEN-A-TORS!!!!!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    The look on Alfie's face there is PRICELESS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    The look on Alfie's face there is PRICELESS!!
    I like the look of disbelief on the spectator behind him! That has been the look on Ottawa fans for so many years, its nice to see in on theirs this time!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I love the media.

I'm not sure I'd describe that shot as a rocket. Seeing-eye trickler is more like it.

Most importantly of course, it went in. After many years of those going the other way, it's nice to be on the happy end of one of those shots.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I love the media.

I'm not sure I'd describe that shot as a rocket. Seeing-eye trickler is more like it.

Most importantly of course, it went in. After many years of those going the other way, it's nice to be on the happy end of one of those shots.
    I think it was somewhere between a Rocket and a Trickler............it was a good low wrister to be sure

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I love the media.

that was my first reaction too. Rocket my ass

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Not a rocket, but not a trickler either. I wouldn't want to put my face in front of that shot!

What a game. Those penalties in the third period were enough to give one heart palpitations, but the penalty killing was unbelievable. The PGA Tour's catch phrase that "These Guys Are Good" easily applies to this team. They're damned good.

I love the media.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Brilliant! And well done Alfie, I have been defending that guy for years and now that he hasn't had to carry the rest of the team he has been able to put up the type of points totals and performances that he is more than capable of.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar

Thumbs up

What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Brilliant! And well done Alfie, I have been defending that guy for years and now that he hasn't had to carry the rest of the team he has been able to put up the type of points totals and performances that he is more than capable of.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Watched TSN last night and the guys called it a "garbage goal" It was not the most classic of all time but a goal is a goal is a goal. I did not hear the commentators call Thurdays first Buffalo goal "garbage". Anyway WE are in the Stanley Cup!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Watched TSN last night and the guys called it a "garbage goal" It was not the most classic of all time but a goal is a goal is a goal. I did not hear the commentators call Thurdays first Buffalo goal "garbage". Anyway WE are in the Stanley Cup!
    In a few months, they will be saying it was a 'floater' that should have been stopped

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Garbage goals are the best kind. I don't mind people calling it a garbage goal and in fact, that's exactly what I would call it. Playoff hockey is all about garbage goals though. Rarely will you ever see an overtime winner like Selanne's last night. Usually its a bouncer from the point (corvo), a quick wrister that the goalie wasn't ready for (Niedermayer against Vancouver, Alfie). You just have to remember that the crucial word in the term "garbage goal" is GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!! Wooh Alfie!

"Garbage goal" my *****. Alfie got off a great shot with three members of the other team surrounding him. Did he intend to get the shot off? Yes. Did he manoeuvre through traffic to do so? Yes. Was the shot on net? Yes. Did it go where he aimed? Yes. Did it have a bit of zip on it? Yes. Under these circumstances, this was anything but a garbage goal.

Please, it was a little flubber that Miller was not expecting, because there were three guys between alfie and the net. It's one of those occasions where he just put the puck on the net, and something good happened.

Spoken like a true ...... Leafs fan?????? In case you'd like to watch it again, here's the CBC link:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stan...winner_bu.html

Actually, you're right. It wasn't a booming shot, but it got the job done and, in the end, that's all that counts. Much like golf, they don't score style points.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Please, it was a little flubber that Miller was not expecting, because there were three guys between alfie and the net. It's one of those occasions where he just put the puck on the net, and something good happened.

Call it what you want but it went in!!

Off topic, but does Buffalo now officially deserve the the moniker "City of Losers" or what? 4 Blown Superbowls, President Trophy Winners ousted in the semis can't get must worse than that............at least they can take solice in the fact that the puck didn't go 'wide right' and no one had their 'foot in the crease'

Thread Information