100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    ive got the D2 distance by accident, but i like these balls. Distance is pretty darn good, no complaints here.

i really like there targetline setup as well.

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    I had to dig my ball out of the bushes today, after a couple holes I realized I was playing a distance instead of a feel. Glad I wasn't a stroke away from THE BEST ROUND OF MY LIFE!!! lol. These balls are cool, I am starting to notice a bit of a lack on spin on some shots, but for the most part they land pretty soft.

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    Funny thing, how many of you vets have ever seen so much talk about a ball that's worth 1$? Not saying that in a bad way, cause I also love them.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    I have tried the Long and have found them as good as any other ball that I have played!

Would not think twice about recommending these to anyone.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    the FEEL were sold out at Nevada Bobs on Sunday. bought the straight instead have not hit them yet....
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    the FEEL were sold out at Nevada Bobs on Sunday. bought the straight instead have not hit them yet....
    Straight????? You know even a ball named straight can't help you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    The first D2 I bought were the Straight and must say I like them better then the feel. Must say that I seem to be a rut with my game these days so that might have something to do with it.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Sand Wedge kaiserii is on a distinguished road kaiserii's Avatar
    I use proV1, E5/E6 and B330, but my best score made by D2 Feel (Green one).
    But I like Prov1 and E5... and I'm going to use D2 for my average playing ball

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I put this ball in my Check Go and guess what, the target line came up at the same place as the Check Go mark, pretty cool.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I put this ball in my Check Go and guess what, the target line came up at the same place as the Check Go mark, pretty cool.
    That's cool

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserii View Post
    I use proV1, E5/E6 and B330, but my best score made by D2 Feel (Green one).
    But I like Prov1 and E5... and I'm going to use D2 for my average playing ball
    ya that's it, it's a cool ball that you don't have to worry too much about plunking into the pond

Hybrid harbacostal is on a distinguished road
    Yep these balls are the best value that I've found out there. The feel good off the irons and are long off the tee. No complaints at all.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    Bought the second last box @ GT wednesday. played em yesterday and I am sold!
    For my game (15 hcp) I don't think there is a better value around.
    BTW talked to my buddy who works there and he was mentioning ball sales for some silmiliar style of balls has all but dried up.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Are these balls available in sleeves of three?
    "Get your smile on!"

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy4Par View Post
    Are these balls available in sleeves of three?
    Yes they are I got a sleeve at Nevada Bobs
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

7 Wood Riddler is on a distinguished road Riddler's Avatar

sports stores

anyone know if any local sport stores are carrying them?
    Rob

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    If you don't want to go to NB, CT on 10th is selling them.

Scott

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    GT had a bunch in stock as of Friday nite

9 Iron speedoodler is on a distinguished road speedoodler's Avatar

top flite d2 feel

I have not played a top flite ball since i was a kid.( a long time ago ) but with some interest from the forum, I bought some at GT 15 balls for $20.00...Played a whole round today with one and I'm quite impressed...Good flight, feel very nice on the putter, and stop rather well for a 2-piece ball...Remind me of the Wilson 50 ball i had just reviewed....For the price and the general skill level of most players a might good choice in my opinion..

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    I just tried the D2 Feel today because of reading posts about it on forums. I think it's a hidden gem. I play to 5 hdcp. and I think that they can spin and sit on hard greens better than ProV's and HX Tours. I have been playing the Titleist and Callaway balls this past month and playing NXT Tours for the past 2 years. Just based on the hard conditions of play at my course where the greens have become hard and fast (8.2 last week vs. 10.3 Stimpmeter conditions today) while the conditions through the green are still moist/soft, I am giving these balls a 5 star rating regardless of price. Price is just the bonus. I really think that I am going to be playing these for a long time. I just hope they don't get to be too popular and the price goes up.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

9 Iron speedoodler is on a distinguished road speedoodler's Avatar
    I agree...great ball, great price..better than nxt...I'll play these babies a long time......

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Top Flight D2 Distance

I bought a sleve of these at NB's last week and used them on Wednesday at Meadows. Liked the feel but thought that they sounded a bit tinny. Liked the distance and they seemed to stay straight. Lost all three on the first four holes on Friday so scratch that idea. As for the "soft" feature, I usually use the Top Flight Ultimate, or XL3000 "distance" type balls. I tend to hit very high and most shots, fairway and green, land and stick pretty well, within a foot or two. I found the D2 tended to land harder. They rolled/bounced off the green a few times and even when I was short on a few shots they tended to bounce up onto the green. I'm only a 16 index but if I go with them permanently I'll have to change my club selection.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Purolator just dropped a box of 2 ( I know why 2 ) off at my door that Callaway sent me to test out. When I filled out my membership for the free hat I wrote I like Top Flite balls so I was in their 5% customer base or something like that and they sent them to me free. Will use tomorrow at Beabrook and report back.

Cheers,

free is good!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Finally broke down and bought a box of these Top Flight d2 feel balls. I am more than impressed. Played Whitetail at Eganville today. Shot 82 with eights on Hole #15 and #16. (Don't ask!) Very long distance, straight and wow do they stick on the greens. Just as good as a ProV in my opinion. Great, great ball. They are now in my bag permanently.

Oh yeah....used the same ball through 16 holes and not a mark on it...thats tough!!
    "Get your smile on!"

As mentioned played them at Bearbrook a while back and did not like them one bit. They felt too light for me as I like a heavy ball. I still have both ( I know I know ) both??? as I used them for like 5 holes only. And what's with the dimples within the dimples? Weird, weird ball I tell you. They will collect dust in my bag as I just ordered 10dz Pinnacle Gold's off Knet. 40% off right now on Pinnacle's.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Weazl, I will take them off your hands if you wish. PM me.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Dude, you did read my post right? The part where I said Callaway sent me 2? I mean who sends 2 balls? ( no need for jokes). Anyways, I'm in Orleans and work downtown. If I remember correctly your out in Cantley or something like that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    As mentioned played them at Bearbrook a while back and did not like them one bit. They felt too light for me as I like a heavy ball. I still have both ( I know I know ) both??? as I used them for like 5 holes only. And what's with the dimples within the dimples? Weird, weird ball I tell you. They will collect dust in my bag as I just ordered 10dz Pinnacle Gold's off Knet. 40% off right now on Pinnacle's.
    ya, that's the only drawback, not very meaty feeling. I'd think my 7i was giong to come up short because of the feel on the ball, then it would land up there where I wanted (wel, some shots anyhow lol).

Oops, sorry Weazl, I thought it was 2 sleeves, I am not one to take man's only 2 balls!!!
    Lefty Lucas

Too funny. I know 2 sleeves would of made more sense, but 2 balls? Anyways, like I said I did nopt find them terribly good to play with. LOL

Thread Information