100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Golf Ball Dilemna

So while I was in Arizona, I picked up a dozen Nike One Platinums and a dozen ProV1's. These were both the newest offerings from each company. I found the Nike One Platinum to be deeper off the tee than the ProV1, but the ProV1 definitely spun better on iron shots and wedge shots from the fairway. I also felt that the ProV1 has a better feel when putting.

Now I'm at a loss as to which ball I want to use this season. I've always liked the ProV1 but this new Platinum is pretty damn long off the tee as I said.

Anyone else try anything new compared to last season and like or dislike it?

I'm thinking I might squash my issue by playing TP Red's instead of either of the two mentioned above.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    For me I would say go with the ProV1.. I would give up a little tee ball distance for better feel, esp. around the greens.. If you like the way this balls feels on your irons and putters then you should go with it.. After all this is where you score...

As for the TP Red.. I think you know how I feel about that ball..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    For me I would say go with the ProV1.. I would give up a little tee ball distance for better feel, esp. around the greens.. If you like the way this balls feels on your irons and putters then you should go with it.. After all this is where you score...

Yeah for sure. I think I'll play it this year instead of the other two.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I either use a Pro V1 or a pinnacle extreme velocity or whatever new long ball pinnacle has for that year. Last year I used a TP red and thought it was a great ball, It's longer than the Pro V1 off the tee and has almost as much spin and really a little less spin isn't so bad unless your greens are like concrete. And you don't have to worry as much that your ball is going to suck back off of the green into Raes creek

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    I'd usually go with spin over distance, but the Nike plat 's I've played I thought had lots of spin. I'm surprised the prov has more. Shows what I know about $5 golf balls.

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post

Lance we all know how you feel about the TP RED LOL. I will be trying them soon. Must say I loved the way the Pro V1 felt last week but must see how these TP's feel, after reading all the times you mention them !!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Lance we all know how you feel about the TP RED LOL. I will be trying them soon. Must say I loved the way the Pro V1 felt last week but must see how these TP's feel, after reading all the times you mention them !!! LOL
    They're a sweet ball for sure.

Thread Information