CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Retiring In Style

Well folks today was the official day of retirement for myself and quite a few of my friends from work.

We met just before 7 AM in the cafeteria and made our way out to our old work zone for our traditional handshakes.

Much to our surprise there was a big bin of iced Champagne for everyone retiring. Along with a chocolate cake. All supplied by one of our partners of crime for the past years. He will also be retiring at the end of June. THANKS FREDDY, you are a true blue friend

So there we stood, 10 of us sipping champagne at 7 AM and having a piece of cake It just doesn't get any better than that.

It was quite and emotional time for all of us. It is amazing how close you get to your fellow workers. Especially in the Paint Shop were we have all worked for at least 25 + years. Since the Paint Shop has a small amount of employees we all know each other, which makes it hard to say good bye.

But we made it, did our round of handshakes, then went out for breakfast. After that it was off to the course for a round of golf. As we strolled down the first fairway (We actually all hit decent tee shots too ) I said to the guys "Hey think about this. Here we are, ages 48, 51, 51 and 57 and we are retired and playing golf together. Can life be any better?" A resounding NO was heard!

Did I play well? No, not at all. Did I care? No, not at all. Life is grand.

To everyone who awaits your retirement I wish you all the best. Hang in there, time flies by quickly.

It seems like just yesterday that I walked into that Ford Plant for my first day of work there. Less than 28 years later I walked out for the last time I can now spend more time with my lovely wife who has given me 25 of the best years of my life, along with my daughters. Without their support this decision would have been a lot harder to make. THANKS
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Congrats you lucky "bum"
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    You are indeed a lucky man GB, some people could take a lesson from your experience.Life goes by so fast and its true, you do have to stop and smell the roses. I dont know you but i feel your hapiness. Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Way to go Golfbum. I have been retired for 6 years today, and never regretted one minute of it. Since we are neighbours, we should be able to squeeze in a few rounds of golf. All the best.--Ronnie

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Good for you , enjoy every moment of it!
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Congrats Rick. Now I'll never catch you in rounds / year. Last year was my year I think but still fell short. Alas now I"ll never golf more than the golf bum!! (For now )

Sand Wedge Richie 52 is on a distinguished road Richie 52's Avatar
    Congratulations on your retirement, I am indeed envious. Enjoy.

Thread Information