CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Phoenix/Scottsdale Golf Trip

So I got home Friday night from probably the best golf I've played in a long time. I'm talking course-wise, not so much score-wise considering these were my first 7 rounds since last September. I also had a completely different set of clubs from putter all the way up to driver.

The courses I played were these in order....

We-Ko-Pa Sanguaro
    We-Ko-Pa Cholla
    Grayhawk Raptor
    Troon North Monument
    TPC Scottsdale
    Troon North Pinnacle
    Grayhawk Talon

The new We-Ko-Pa course which is Sanguaro is a very well maintained and nice looking course. I guess it's only been open since December, but you'd never know. Troon Monument, Grayhawk Raptor, and TPC Scottsdale were my favourites.

The food at The Grill which is at TPC Scottsdale was AMAZING. They are ranked top steak in Arizona. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it. They also give you a caddy when you play there which was really nice too. Sure makes you feel like a Tour player when you have someone replacing your divots, fixing ball marks, raking traps, and cleaning your golf ball and clubs for you.

Phil's Grill at Grayhawk was also very good. We ate lunch there twice and the food and service was great.

Although my scores were not my best, I really enjoyed the trip and plan to make it an annual thing. My best score was a 78 on Grayhawk Talon course the last day we played. I ended up picking up a stats tracking book which was really nice to have. You track your putts, GIR's, and fairways hit so it sort of gives you an idea of how you played and where you lost strokes.

My driving with the Taylor Made SuperQuad was deep and accurate which was very nice to see. I brought my 905R and the SuperQuad down to try out and the SuperQuad didn't leave the bag. I really like the way the MP-67's played too, such a sweet sound when you hit them and a buttery feel. My putting was something that I'll have to work on, but the changing green conditions from one day to the next were a bit hard to get adjusted to.

Overall, Phoenix and Scottsdale are great places to vacation. We had weather that ranged from low 70's to upper 90's. We managed to time it right for the Nascar race that was on during our stay and a Diamonbacks ball game. I'd recommend going there if you have the time and money to do so.

I've uploaded almost all of my golf pictures to my photobucket site. The link is below for you guys to check out.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...20Trip%202007/

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Cool pics. I'm going to have to try out desert golf one of these days.

Did you get some kind of golf package or just stay in a hotel and then book tee times?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Nice pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time. I played Troon North Monument a number of years ago and those pictures bring back some good memories. The cactus off the tee with balls embedded in them were really neat and the big boulder in the middle of the fairway was something I'll always remember. I couldn't believe some of the houses around the course but there are probably lots more as they were building lots when I was there.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Great Pics !!! Courses look fantastic !!!
    Was there a number of years ago for a holiday in my "Pre-Golfing" years. Nice to wake up everyday to 80 - 90 degree days, dry heat, and completely blue skies.
    Think I could get used to that............Hope to get down and play those courses within the next few years.
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Cool pics. I'm going to have to try out desert golf one of these days.

Did you get some kind of golf package or just stay in a hotel and then book tee times?
    I booked through Golf Zoo. They ask you when you are planning on vacationing, how many days you want to stay, and they have a list of all the area courses with pictures for you to pick from. I stayed at the Summerfield Suites by Hyatt. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom, full living room and kitchen suite. The rental car for 7 days was also included, all I had to take care of was the flight which was dirt cheap.

Thread Information