+ Reply to Thread
    9 Iron lionhead is on a distinguished road lionhead's Avatar

Custom Shop&Restoration

Well been bored at work all day and toying around with options from the custom shop, would love to send a putter in and have her pimped off for some eye candy, but my question is this, can you have a new finish put on? and if not how much does having a club maker mess around with your scotty affect value? I would love a 3X black finish or maybe an oil can on a scotty, but not sure I would go the random club maker route, and if the custom shop does not offer it, I don't have many other options, also would anyone here go for the initials route? I love the idea and even more so that he will infact do the lettering himself, let me know what you guys think any feedback from people who have had it done would be amazing thanks

Ben

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I think there are quite a few threads here on that. The custom shop will only refinish a putter head in either the original finish, or pro platinum (nickel finish). If you want to go another route don't worry as OTR Scottys aren't that 'valuable' in the first place. If you really want an oil can finish on your circa or proplat, go for it. Kevin Colbert does excellent work, Covanant had a putter refinished by him recently. Kiwi-man had a circa refinished in nickel as well by Colbert.

The one thing to watch out for is certain putters don't accept finishes as well as others. Studio Stainless or Studio Style, though you see them on ebay, don't take 3x black well, it starts wearing off pretty quickly. The best putters to put different finishes on are the non-stainless steel ones: Studio Designs, Circas, Pro Platinum, Oil Cans or Gun Blues.

9 Iron lionhead is on a distinguished road lionhead's Avatar
    Thanks for the info spackler, Ive seen the putters your talking about, where abouts is kevin colbert located and how much would a refinishing typically cost by him?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    http://www.putterplating.com should give you all the price and location info (I think he's somewhere in Minnesota).

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    If your fortunate to have a studio design 1.5,2.5,3.5 or 5.. that were black pearl finish the studio will do it in Charcoal Mist as they no longer redo the black pearl.. The CM is my fav.. I wish the studio design 1 or 2 came in black pearl so I could CM one.. ooooh would that be tasty! With white and lime green paintfill
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Thread Information