CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swing Video

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar

Swing Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjVcfvKEP1E

This is a video a buddy took of my Tee shot in west virginia last weekend. 4 wood - left to right ball flight - 225 yards approx.

this is probably one of my better examples for you guys to take a look at.

So I value everyones opinion. So let me know what I'm doing right and wrong.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer View Post

This is a video a buddy took of my Tee shot in west virginia last weekend. 4 wood - left to right ball flight - 225 yards approx.

First off, you are wearing sandals. Definate no no, you were doomed from the start because of the sandals.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Definitely a classic little outside to in move resulting in said ballflight, that would be the major issue in my opinion. Your cutting across the ball instead of coming at it with a square clubface path.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I loved the Sergio waggle routine though, very nice, especially the view.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    First off, you are wearing sandals. Definate no no, you were doomed from the start because of the sandals.
    Hey buddy.. those are footjoy sandals and i Highly recommend them! my feet were singing after 36 holes in the 30+ degrees we had that day! got a funky tan line too!
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Agree with the out to in comments. The excessive waggling is also bad.

If you're not careful you could end up like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYnlo...elated&search=

haha.. thats a beauty swing... seriously though I know I have a long waggle but I its consistent. one of my goals this summer is to work on a shorter pre-shot waggle and be more consistent with it.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer View Post

Your lower body appears to be aligned to what looks like a bunker in the distance, however, your shoulder line appears to be aligned left of that, at the tree left of the bunker. The upper body tends to return along the shoulder line from address and so the left to right, slightly over the top move results. At address from this view, we should see a portion of your left arm but we cannot because your right arm is too high.

Suggestions:
    1. Setup in you normal position and get a friend to lay a shaft across your shoulder line until it is aiming at your target. This will give you a feel of where the shoulders should be and as a result, the right arm and right shoulder will get lowered, or more "under."
    2. Your back is somewhat "rounded" so stick your tush out and flatten your back a little.

I am not sure if one can frame by frame the video, but your hands appear to be in a solid position at the top with the back of the left hand flat(square) and the right forearm is parallel to your back plane, and all this is good. I also like your overall tempo, which while fairly fast, is very smooth. There appears to be no rushing in your attempt to get back to the ball.

Thanks for the tips guys! I love this forum. I took the pointers and worked on my set up and a faster pre-shot.. Im down to a waggle - look at my target - waggle/ swing.. no more knee bend in it either. I'm suprised how fast it worked. I played manderley yesturday and was consistently hitting greens (if I didnt catch it fat with the soggy turf) shot an 89.. beat my average this year of 96. keep the tips flowin in.. i'm going to try and get another clip of my swing.

FYI - the 89 included 4, 3 putt greens and 2 triple boggeys caused by flubbed chips... could have been much lower.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Thread Information