100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sharks/Wings

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Sharks/Wings

One down, 3 more to go. Although the Sharks were not dominate in this game after the first period they got the job done. The winning PP goal was a beauty by Matte Carle. A perfect pass from behind the net by Joe Thornton.

I thought Mike Grier was one of the Sharks better players in this game. His goal was a prime example of hard fore checking paying off.

Nabokov was sharp in net making 34 saves.

I noticed that with 3 minutes left there was a lot of empty seats down low in Joe Louis. I guess the faithful Wings fans figured their team could not over come a 2 goal deficit so they got to the parking lot early!

I also checked on tickets for Saturdays game and there were plenty available in the upper sections. You would think a playoff game would be sold out in HOCKEY TOWN
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    they haven't sold out any of their playoff games so far. kinda weird. again, the four teams I picked to move on all won their opening games. The 8 teams that won their opening games in round 1 moved on to round 2. That being said, the Ducks and the Nucks and the Sabres / Rangers will be over pretty quick. I think the other two series will go 6 or 7.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    That is weird, a ticket to the JLA used to be the hardest ticket in hockey. My parents live in Windsor and I've been to the Michigan-Ohio St game, tons of Lions, Pistons and Tiger games, but never a Red Wings game. They were always way too hard to come by.

I think this will be a tougher series than the first game indicated, but who knows. Peyton Manning won the Super Bowl, the Red Sox won the world series, stranger things have happened......maybe Joe Thornton can lead a successful playoff team...

The funny thing is here, everyone says hockey is not a big deal on the west coast. Well how come I can buy tickets for a Sharks/Wings game in HOCKEY TOWN, but at the same time I can not buy them for the SHARK TANK for games 3 & 4?
    Ok, I can buy 2 tickets for Game 3, the VIP PARTY TICKETS for $372.50 US per ticket Section 123 behind a net, row 13. Decent seats.

THE VIP Tickets include
    PLAYOFF VIP PARTY TICKET:

$350 per ticket (plus convenience fee) includes:
    * one lower reserved ticket
    * buffet dinner
    * open bar (featuring premium liquor, beer, wine and soda
    * commemorative Sharks playoff t-shirt and puck
    * Sharks magazine
    * a raffle ticket for a chance to win Sharks autographed merchandise

I guess a guy might be able to drink $100 worth of booze before the game Then pass out in the first period $372 for tickets, got drunk, saw the First Period, then possed out. PRICELESS

Don't tell me hockey isn't alive and well in SAN JOSE!

GO SHARKS GO

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I think part of the 'problem' in Detroit is that they are no longer the only team in town. I mean, lets face it, their other pro teams were perennial cellar dwellers: the Lions, tigers (and bears, oh my), and pistons could all be counted on to lose 90 percent of their games. Now the pistons are one of the best in the NBA, the Tigers are one of the tops in the MLB and the lions....well, the lions still suck. Combine that with the fact that those two teams were really starting to make their mark during the lockout year, and its not surprising that fans may have defected to support other teams.

As far as the game...well, I didn't see it, but can say one thing for sure. If Detroit can't figure out how to score more goals, they will not win this series. There...I am now officially dumb enough to be a colour commentator.

Man I hate when that happens. The winning goal comes with 1:24 left in the game. Then Detroit did a good job of pinning the Sharks in their own end for the remainder of the game.
    Oh well, we got a split in Hockey Town and that is all a visiting team can ask for.
    Nice to see Joe score a goal even if it was a gift from Hasek I thought The Dom had gone into the stands for a hot dog on that play

Another nail biter for Sharks Fans However another win and a 2-1 series lead.

This is not looking good for the Sharks. They got "SPANKED" this afternoon.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Yikes! I have to say that that 3-2 loss destroyed what SJ had going, they were seconds away from a 3-1 seriies win and now today they got a bit of a spanking. Nabakov's mistake came at a crucial moment. Come on sharks, bag game 6 and get this one to 7!!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Mr. Bum, what happened????? Shut out at home in a do or die situation, that's just not right.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

THE SHARKS CAN GO

I am not sure what exactly happened, but I feel that the playoff experience of the Red Wings came through in this series.
    Marleau and Guerin were invisable in this series. The second best Power Play in the regular season took a holiday.
    Hey like the LEAFS FANS say "MAYBE NEXT YEAR"

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Mr. Bum, what happened????? Shut out at home in a do or die situation, that's just not right.
    Hey at least we made it one more round than you predicted! I know what happened, the big players did not show up to play Game 6.
    I will now become a cheerleader for the SENS.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Welcome aboard GB!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information