100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Senators-Devils

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar

Senators-Devils

Ok, did anyone predict this kind of a start?
    Wow. GOSENSGO
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    THis is awesome.. Emery is on FIRE

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    its a long series, and they have definitely awaken the monster that is Marty Brodeur. He will not have another period like that.

I did not imply we were going to score 4 goals every period or that Marty Brodeur was not a giant.

Jut saying 5 goals in one period with us scoring 4 was the last thing on my mind.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    5-4 finish they CANNOT let off the gas against these boys but to take game 1 on the road and get 5 on Marty Brodeus is an AWESOME start, especially after a week off! Woo hoo, way to go boys!!!!

Go Sens Go!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I was hoping for a split on the road......but I didn't think the win would come tonight after the long lay-off......AWESOME start though

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Wow, lost about 5 pounds in sweat during that one. Glad they got the W in the end and hopefully they learned a huge lesson in that game. GO SENS GO.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Definitely a nail biter nice to see the boys win.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    I was certainly very pleased to see the boys go up by 4 so early. Next thing I know it's a one goal game and Jersey certainly had plenty of chances to get more than one during the first period. Glad they came away with the win but it sure turned out to be a nail biter. Pedal to the metal for 60 mins boys, not 25. Go Sens!
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Off topic somewhat but Vancouver better show up tomorrow or their series could be over quite quickly.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Nice 1st period!!! Hopefully they learn that playing defensively and protecting a 4-0 lead with 40 mins to go is NOT the way to play... I sure hope that blowing a lead like that doesn't happen again.

At least they got the win and lead the series 1-0. I'll be there for Home Game 1: Go Sens Go

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    Not going to watch anymore. Turn on the TV and the first is winding down (4-1). Watch the second and Jersey scores 2 goals. Going to throw the TV if they score again so turn it off. Can't stand not knowing so I put it on and it's now 5-3. Jersey scores again with 32 seconds left (shades of an early season Buffalo game). Turn it off and they hold on.

Verdict, I am bad luck.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I think the week long layoff showed during the second period, but they picked it back up for the third. I think tomorrow night's game will be a better effort and I think they will take their first ever 2-0 series lead.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Pitching Wedge LHSteve is on a distinguished road LHSteve's Avatar

Smile

I hope they can win Saturday night. A huge Sens fan here in Leaf Land. I probably should know this but, is it true the Senators have never won when they have had a chance to go up 2-0 in a series? A friend of mine told me that during the Pittsburgh series and we know what happened there.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    yep...0-7 in game 2's
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    yep...0-7 in game 2's
    ...after they have won game 1 of course...

any predictions for tonight? I'd love to see them go up 2-0 but it will be tough. The Devils will come out guns a blazing after Thursday.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    any predictions for tonight? I'd love to see them go up 2-0 but it will be tough. The Devils will come out guns a blazing after Thursday.
    I think tonight is the night they break the game 2 jinx..... they were able to win game one after a long layoff, they ill have their game legs back tonight.... the only thing that can stop them is if Brodeur gets back to his old form.... but something tells me Ottawa in 4 or 5.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    How much more blazing can the Devils come out? They outshot the Sens 15-9 in the first period, and outshot them all game. I think the Devils played almost their best game and came up a bit short. I think the Sens playing at their best are better than the Devils at their best. Ottawa showed a bit of rust from the long wait between series, but I think they will have all their legs tonight and will dominate the game from start to finish.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

they had some bad giveaways and their goaltending stunk in the first period. If they play the same way and improve those two things, look for a much better effort, especially in the first.

holy suspense batman....I can't stand overtime games....

2nd OT coming up. Playoff hockey.

nice assist for corvo.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    nice assist for corvo.
    Nice assist for the New Jersey Timekeeper back at the end of the first......

As Don Cherry told everyone at the first intermission to count One Thousand....Two Thousand....Three Thousand and the pucks goes in the net. Funny thing was there was less than 3 Seconds on the clock before the faceoff...............

I guess thats what they call "Home Ice Advantage" and someone was alittle slow on the finger.............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Nice assist for the New Jersey Timekeeper back at the end of the first......

As Don Cherry told everyone at the first intermission to count One Thousand....Two Thousand....Three Thousand and the pucks goes in the net. Funny thing was there was less than 3 Seconds on the clock before the faceoff...............

I guess thats what they call "Home Ice Advantage" and someone was alittle slow on the finger.............
    And as Ron Mclean pointed out, when Don Cherry counted like that (in his extremely scientific manner ) the puck still went in before the clock ran out. The clock is rarely started the split second the puck is dropped. That goal didn't cost them the game, either. They had plenty of chances, and just didn't finish. Blaming that goal is just a weak excuse.

nice assist for corvo.
    Neil also didn't get the puck deep although there's no sense pointing fingers. Game 3 Monday.

as predicted, NJ came out blazing hot....weird that periods 2-3 were the exact opposite for the Sens as #1. blaming that goal may have been a weak excuse but it's an excuse nonetheless.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Of course the slow clock is not an excuse, the Sens had plenty of chances to bury the Devils. But if you saw the split screen the clock did not start on time, but anyone that plays hockey knows that happens sometimes.

As most of you know I'm one of the biggest Sens critics even though I'm a fan. But I have to say I'm quite impressed. After that first period I figured they would've packed it in for the night (all teams in the past would've). But they fought back and tied the game and really deserved to win. Good on them for showing some heart and grit. But they do have to be better in their own zone (less middle of the ice giveaways) and at getting the puck out (lean on your sticks guys and put some zip behind it).
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Despite the final results, that was an impressive game for the Senators. Muck kudos to the way they totally outplayed the DEvils for the second,thirdand overtime periods.

A bad clearing attempt was acutally the cause of the goal. Not an "assist" from Joe Corvo.

If the Senators keep this type of play going, they will be in a good shape to make it to the next round.

nice assist for corvo.

Yes, I am aware that there was a chain of events there that caused that goal. We can play the causation game all day, trying to decide which bad play caused the goal, and we won't get anywhere. The bottom line is, once Neil makes that mistake, you cannot have your defenceman hand one of the other team's most dangerous forwards a gift of a breakaway at centre ice. The fact that the Devils needed an assist from the Sens in order to get a decent scoring chance is, however, a good sign.

Thread Information