100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

Question 10th hole at Nation, What to Do?

I am having a problem deciding what to do on the 10th Hole at Nation. I have played about a dozen times there and have yet to figure out what to do on the tee. Half the time I'm in the sand and the rest of the time I am past the fairway, or sitting just off the sand trap with a good look at the green. I am not a long hitter so going for the green just isnt going to happen.
    I am just into my third year of golf and I am trying to play smarter now.
    Any help is appreciated.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    It's a sucker hole - tempting you to try something that you really shouldn't.

Play a short/mid iron about 150 yards aiming to the right of the bunker (lots of fairway there). Next shot should also be about 150 yards to the green.

Trying to cut the corner or fly the bunker is usually a mistake. Play right off the tee and play it safe.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

easy pickens!!

well, having played this hole about a million times in my life, i can safely say i've mastered that hole. Unless there is a hefty wind, i always take out my 5 or 6 iron, and aim just to the right of bunkers, and send a nice draw that follows the fairway, i keep it in fairway about 80% of time, and leave myself about 100 yrd shot, give or take 10 yards or so. My recommendation for you is take the iron that you can get 150-170 yards comfortably and aim to the right of bunkers, you should be safe everytime if you strike it well. Then you have a slightly shorter shot into the green, and whatever you do, DONT OVERSHOOT THE GREEN!!! you could wind up with a double or a triple in no time.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    it may not matter as the hole is going to change, i guess for next year..if you played recently you may have noticed that big pile of sand behind the green..i asked and was told that they are moving the green there..so you will now have to go back over the creek to what is going to be an elevated green..will apparently make it the toughest hole on the course according to one of the owners that i talked with...cant wait

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

Thumbs up

Holy Cow! That's one big pile of sand! I can't wait to see the end result. Its nice to see a course put some real work into a course.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

You could do what I did....gulp down two fast beers, * about how bad the front nine was, 7 iron to middle of sand trap, way fat sand wedge to just about in the creek, pitching wedge over the green, two more pitching wedges to get within 15 feet of the flagstick, three putt...gulp down two more beers, arrive at #11.:shakehead

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking well now

Andy4Par

Seems to me you should be more, than :shakehead
    after two more quick gulps.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    I tell you, not even the ghost of Bobby Jones could have helped my game that day...just awful. The bright side is I will definately be better next time.

3 Wood jimrobin is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Glad to hear they are changing it.

Never liked that hole. Always thought they could improve it showhow.
    Never really understood "Why have a short dinky hole then half a 1/4 mile walk to the next." With all that room behind the green I knew that hole could be improved somehow. Biggest problem is probably having the 16th green back there to the right.

Andy:
    Great way to play the hole? I know guys that have tried to play all 18 like that.
    Last edited by jimrobin; 06-11-2003 at 09:21 PM.

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

way better

andy4par,

That sounds far better then my approach to the hole. I will definately try your way next time out there!!

Curious George
    I like the holes that are sucker holes. I know guys who grab the driver every hole, without any consideration. SUCKERS!

Thread Information