CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge sammypvt is on a distinguished road sammypvt's Avatar

club maker needs help

OK, I know I should be able to sort this one out myself but I simply am stuck. I will explain.
    I have a 7 wood sonartec, 41 inch, with an accra T 50-M4, (280 cpm) I hit it 230 straight as a die all day long.
    I have a 5 wood sonartec, 42 inch, but with an accra T60-M3, (270 cpm) I fade it and get the same 230 yds as the 7 wood.
    I have a 3 wood sonartec, 43 inch, with an Accra T50-M4, (260cpm) I hit it 265 off the tee and 245 of the deck, straightish with a slight fade, but not really all that much.
    I have tried every driver/shaft combination possible and the best so far is an SMT DB455 - 6 Degree withan accuflex EVO Lite at 45 inches, 245 cpm. I play all my drives with everything from a power fade to a slice. I have a swing speed of around 105 to 108 mph up to 117 to 120 if I want it. I am a former pro, long time ago. I hold a 2.1 hcp today at 55 yrs old and play on the Mexican tour occasionally and have a pretty good smooth swing with a delayed release. I can make clubs for anyone except myself. I have a 2.5 degree angle of upward attack on the driver and launch the 6 degree driver at 14.5 degrees with 2800 spin, with tempo of around 1.25.
    I have tried VTLT´s, Diamanas, V2´s, I just cant seem to get it right.
    Any suggestions out there, no matter how stupid they may seem. I have 2 fitting shops, so stock isnt the problem.,

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    My 1st suggestion would be to measure the actual loft on these heads. You might find out that the stamped loft is not the actual loft. Same deal with the face angles.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    What the Chief said.

You didn't explicitly say that you had tried an Accra in the driver, but if they work for you in the other heads then they should work in the driver as well.

The only thing that might affect that is that for the other clubs you're not hitting up on them in the same way as the driver which could affect how the shaft plays.

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    sending you a pm with some thoughts

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    Have you tried a "stiffer" or "Heavier" tour weight shaft with the Driver?

Lite weights are not for everybody. You may find a slight speed / distance loss but would be offset by a straighter ball flight.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Try a shorter driver with a slightly heavier shaft @ a swingweight that will allow you to hit it on the screws on a consistant basis. Higher swingspeeds do not in general, = longer distances. Higher ball speed is what you should be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Try a shorter driver with a slightly heavier shaft @ a swingweight that will allow you to hit it on the screws on a consistant basis. Higher swingspeeds do not in general, = longer distances. Higher ball speed is what you should be looking for.
    Based on the comments I am going to try an accu Icon V2 heavyweight in a 9.3 degree sq nike. I will try a c9 sw and report back. 5 great comments and thanks Peter, your private message worked, the 3w back trimmed and lengthened worked a treat.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirfan View Post
    sending you a pm with some thoughts

Not fair I like to read what you have to say
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Not fair I like to read what you have to say

LOL!!!

along the lines of tip the t60 in the 3 wood......then butt extend it to desired length

move to a higher lofted head in the driver ( keep with the 455 but maybe an 8* or 9*), try a bit of a closed face angle ....and a heavier shaft with a stiff tip like the Evolution or the VT 70....

Quote Originally Posted by Weirfan View Post
    LOL!!!

along the lines of tip the t60 in the 3 wood......then butt extend it to desired length

move to a higher lofted head in the driver ( keep with the 455 but maybe an 8* or 9*), try a bit of a closed face angle ....and a heavier shaft with a stiff tip like the Evolution or the VT 70....
    I stock accuflex and whilst I like the evo, I cant seem to comprehend the feel of it. I am all but finished glueing up an Icon V2 heavyweight at D1 sw. I changed my mind on the head, the sq is 9.3 so I am going with a TM 8.5 dual with 10gr weights first then if it feels too heavy, I will swap out to the 3gr weights.
    I will test it today and post the results, thanks all for your help.

Thread Information