CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Myrtle Beach SC

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Myrtle Beach SC

Eight of us heading south to MB at 0600 tomorrow. Thought when I originally booked this (Nov) that we'd miss golf here, but guess not. Playing Myrtlewood-Palmetto; Arcadian Shores; Pearl-East; International Club; Tiger's Eye; and Myrtlewood-Pinehills. Hope things clear up here for your folks, but if not then at least by the 23rd for the Metcalfe Ride & Dine season opener.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I hope they clear up here also.

I've played Pearl East and liked it, and I've heard good things about Tiger's Eye.

If you want recent conditions for those courses, check out the forums at www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Mb Sc

We played The Pearl East in 2005, but the weather was 41 deg F, with sideways rain for the whole round. Recall it being a good looking course so hope the rains will hold off for us to enjoy it this year. Tiger's Eye is our favourite, great quality and good value.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    You will like International and Tigers Eye--enjoy
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Hi Kiwi,

Have a great trip, let me know how it went and don't forget your trip report. Let me know if any questions arise while you're in Myrtle Beach, you've got my phone number.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Well we made it back Sunday. What a great trip! Aside from the torrential rains (snow here) going down (Virginia/N. Carolina) the weather was perfect. Started the week in the mid 40's at tee time (0800) and up to low 60's by noon. Saturday we teed off in the low 60's and left while the temp was still climbing past 73. We had a sprinkle of rain on Tuesday night but otherwise the skies were cloudless. Courses mentioned above were all good but a few deserve mention. The International was great, firm, fast greens and a wonderful layout. Only course we played that had GPS and got spoiled. Tiger’s Eye was excellent again, but we’ll move on to one of the other "Cats" next year for some variety. Ocean Ridge Plantation has four courses with another coming on line next year (the old Angel's Trace)Accommodation at Myrtlewood Villas could not have been better. We found it difficult to find a good restaurant, even though this was our third year and we’re finding our way around a lot better. Captain Georges was disappointing (seafood buffet), as well as the Carolina Roadhouse (loud). Also visited Martin’s and Golf Dimensions. One of our party picked up the Sky Caddie III for $100 (US) cheaper than at Martin’s (across the street). Looking forward to April 2008 already.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the trip report Kiwi. The 4th Cats course is Leopard's Chase, definitely a great new course. restaurants to consider on your next trip at T-Bonz, Villa mare, Burro Loco and several other restaurants located at Broadway at the Beach.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Leopard's Chase is getting great reviews but it looks to be about double the cost of Tiger's Eye. Lion's Paw and Panther's Run are a step or two down from TE. T-Bonz is great at Barefoot...ate there last year. If you're heading out that way, about 10-15 min past TE is River's Edge, a must play and its fairly affordable considering the level of course you are getting.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thanks for the tips guys. When we were at TE they offered us another, I think it was LC for 1/2 price. We were booked up so could not take advantage. Will try to schedule it for 2008. Just love Broadway at the Beach, but see why guys want to go there sans wives. Too much shopping...

Thread Information