CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Gary,

In an official tournament, do we have the right to change the type of ball we play with? I think that we don't have the right to change our ball while playing one hole (low spin ball for the drive and soft balls when putting) but between holes, can we? Do I have to keep the same type of balls even if I change my ball after a hole is finished (e.g. started with a ProV1 so I have to keep a ProV1 until the end of the round)?

Big_duck
    Since you generally can't pick up a ball, how could you switch them?

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Big Duck,

I think he meant that he plays with let's say a pinnacle off the tee and fairway, gets to the green marks his ball and puts down a proV for better feel...

Am I right Big Easy????

Big_duck
    Included in my ball order from KNETGOLF.COM the other day was an order form that shows ball suitability for various handicap ranges:

High Handicap
    Dunlop DOuble Ti
    Maxfil MD
    Pinnacle Gold
    Precept Extra Distance
    Slazenger Raw Distance
    Titlest DT Distance
    Titlest HP Distance
    Titlest NXT Distance
    Top Flite XL
    Nike Distance

Mid Handicap
    Precept MC Spin
    Slazenger Power COntrol
    Nike Precision Power
    Strata Professional
    Titlest DT Spin, HP Tour, NXT Tour
    Titlest Tour Distance
    Wilson Staff Smartcore

Low Handicap
    Callaway Cb1, CTU, HX Red & Blue
    Precept Tour Advantage
    Nike Tour Accuracy
    Strata Tour Professional
    Strat Tour Ultimate
    Titelist PRO V1

There recommondation appears to be based on spin rate as in the more the ball spins, the more it is suited for a low handicap.

Getting my balls from KNET seems like a good option for me, its like renting balls; I lose them or send them swimming, then KNET sells them back to me.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    That's right dasnutz...

Big_duck
    Mia Culpa misread the original, thought he wanted the high spin ball for those fancy back up wedge shots.

Paraphrased from the Rules appendix:

A committee may specify a "one ball" rule for a competition ie Start with the Pro V1 must only use the Pro V1.

BTW, I always thought the rule was you must play the ball you started with until it was lost or unfit for play, guess I was wrong.

Andru
    I'm sure you can play any ball you want for each hole. You just can't change the ball during a hole unless it's lost or has been damaged and not suitable for play.

I'm not sure who makes the decision. I think you make the decision yourself and if your playing partner agrees it's all good.

If you're playing alone. It's your own conscience.

Cheers

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Great deal on Strata's at Sports Experts this week. Last year's Tour Ultimate 2 (the orange box) in a 9 pack for $15.99. That's about half price. They also have Strata Tour Professionals (gold box) and Tour Balata's (black box) as well.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Try the Dunlop 65u. Good distance and good spin into the green. $30/dozen at Chuck Brown's. Its got a funky dimple pattern that's supposed to stabilize the flight. Seems to work, I'm still using them.

They compare them to the Pro V1 and Callaway HX. Not quite as long or as soft as the Titleist, but very close. Very, very comparable with the Callaway on all counts. For me the price is the clincher. Dunlop is really working hard to bring prices down for all of their products.

3 Wood Evil Chris is on a distinguished road Evil Chris's Avatar
    I've used a variety of Nike golf balls, and I have nothing negative to say about them. I get the distance I need, and they feel nice especially off the driver.
    [url=http://www.zeemine.com/]Zeemine[/url]

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Titleist NXTs?

Where in town is the best place to by Titleist NXT (or NXT Tour) balls? Are they only available at local golf stores or can they be found at the Walmarts or Canadian Tires etc.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Putter MCFV1060 is on a distinguished road

Similar Golf Balls

I use the Jack and like the performance and price.

Maxfli Noodle, Wilson Jack, Dunlop Loco, Nike Mojo, Titleist SoLo and Precept Laddie all share the same engineering for feel and performance. As I understand it, they are all low compression balls, usually purchased by seniors and women.
    Have you ever seen a compression rating on them?
    "Real" men won't buy them if they knew they were 80 comp.

Some price differences so look for the cheapest in this group if cost is an issue which for myself ......is. 19Hcp.

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    I found a Precept Laddie in the water at Casselview last year. At the time , I beleive I was on pace for 90 or above; i started to use the LADDIE, i sunk two long putts for birdie, and one for eagle, and broke 80. Been using them ever since. Guess it was just luck, becuase I haven't played that good since!

:gbinstagi

4jag: I used to play NXT Tour balls, I loved them....I still may go back to them if they are available. I used to get mine at Chuck Browns. Should find them at any golf store, maybe soem courses also, but not dept. stores.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    I use all kinds of balls these days. I'm actually trying to find one that suits my game well... I used Pro-V1s, Maxfli Noodle, Top-Flite SD Balata, Callaway Blue, Top Flite XL200s and XL300s, and other Titleist balls.

I find the Noodle and Callaway Blue suit my game very well. I don't put a lot of spin on the ball and play my game that way so Pro-V1s spin too much for me. I guess it's just a matter of adapting your game to the ball.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Top-Flight Strata Tour Ace

dbleber:
    For all you guys looking for Pro-V1 performance give the Top-Flight Strata Tour Ace a try. Very soft spin ball that can go flying down the fairway as well. It has that mushy feel under the driver like the Pro-v's that you have to get use to but the stoppong power and putting is great! They are a bargin for what you get.
    My 2 cents.
    Denny

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    An interesting website I stumbled upon while working this weekend, has lots of info on golf balls. Interesting fitting, durability, and guide links lots of info all in one spot. Helpful
    http://www.golfball.ch/default_e.cfm

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road

Wal-Mart Ball Prices

I find it quite interesting that you can go to WalMart and save $5-10 per dozen on a box of golf balls. Whatever balls you are using, check to see if Wal-Mart carries them before buying them at a golf or sports store. Also, consider switching to one of the previously mentioned balls if they are in stock at Wal-Mart. Especially for us high handicappers...

6 Iron VanDen... is on a distinguished road
    Nike Distance - 18.98 a dozen at GolfTown

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by g8r
    I find it quite interesting that you can go to WalMart and save $5-10 per dozen on a box of golf balls. Whatever balls you are using, check to see if Wal-Mart carries them before buying them at a golf or sports store. Also, consider switching to one of the previously mentioned balls if they are in stock at Wal-Mart. Especially for us high handicappers...
    I really miss getting my boxes of Canada Cups at Consumers Distributing ...

Putter Hoju is on a distinguished road

Maxfli M3

I notice a lot of you enjoy the ProV1, another ball similar to that is the new Maxfli M3. Its got the same distance and the same great feel. The M3 Tour LT's are Maxfli's version of the ProV1x. Right now a few stores have them at really low prices, it's a real no brainer. I highly recommend picking some up ASAP.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoju
    I notice a lot of you enjoy the ProV1, another ball similar to that is the new Maxfli M3. Its got the same distance and the same great feel. The M3 Tour LT's are Maxfli's version of the ProV1x. Right now a few stores have them at really low prices, it's a real no brainer. I highly recommend picking some up ASAP.
    I think Maxfli might be discontinuing these. I don't see them on their website anymore.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Putter Hoju is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    I think Maxfli might be discontinuing these. I don't see them on their website anymore.
    Yes, they are infact discontinuing them, that's why i suggest you pick them up ASAP
    [color=red][b]- Do You Want To Change Your Name To Homer Junior? The Kids Can Call You Hoju![/b][/color]

Thread Information