100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

Masters tickets!!!!!!!

How can someone get their hands on Masters tickets? Are they available to the public?
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    You can put your name in the raffel for practice round tickets.. Only way I know to get reg. round tickets would be scalpers or ebay.. I believe once you have the rights to buy you keep em and can even will them to others.. Not 100% sure though.. Def. through your name in for the practice round lottery.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    you have to enter your name into a lottery via snail mail. the catch is, you need a US SSN. thats how they do the drawings, they get a computer to call up SSN numbers at random, and whos ever gets picked get the tickets

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    The waiting list is closed for tournament tickets, the only way to get those is through scalpers, agents or invited by a corporate sponsor. The right to purchase practise round tickets, like Jared and Lance said, are awarded by lottery every year. I hadn't heard about SSN requirements before, I know a few Canadians who have won practise round tickets in the past few years.

when i sent my application in for tickets it asked for SSN numbers. and when i spoke wqith someone at the place they told me they use SSN number to determine who gets the tickets... did they canadians use an american SSN number?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    when i sent my application in for tickets it asked for SSN numbers. and when i spoke wqith someone at the place they told me they use SSN number to determine who gets the tickets... did they canadians use an american SSN number?
    No, but this was in the past 2 or 3 years, not this year. It might have changed?

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    So if I have a SSN# where do I go to enter my name in the draw?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Practice Rounds tickets are limited and sold in advance by application only. Applicants are allocated tickets on a random selection basis. 2008 Practice Rounds applications will be mailed in June to those people who applied in 2006 and/or 2007 or who have subsequently requested Practice Rounds information. Successful applicants will be notified in September. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified. The deadline for 2008 applicants is July 15, 2007. If you are not on the Practice Rounds mailing list, and would like to be added for 2008, please send your name, address, daytime telephone number, email address and Social Security Number to:

Masters Tournament
    Practice Rounds
    PO Box 2047
    Augusta, GA 30903-2047

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

If you got the money, they have the tickets

well sure if you wanted to pay 400US for one practice round you could... but i would prefer just adding my name to the list and getting them for a muuch smaller cost... i dont wanna see it THAT bad...

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Befriend the right people and you might get lucky

That's you're best bet (or 4K)
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    There are other ways of ensuring that you get to see the Masters, or at least the Wednesday practice round. For my money, the practice round is the day to be there for reasons that I won't get into here. As for practice round tickets, a few well placed calls and an early Wednesday morning visit to an enterprising soul at one of the local motels in Augusta will get you a ticket. You'll pay well more than the nominal price, but the expenditure is worth every penny. For those of you who think that these tickets are bogus, think again. All tickets have holographic images (or some related device) imprinted on them, and each is scanned to ensure it's legit before you gain entrance to the premises. If you decide to go, you will not regret it. A day at Augusta will give you a lifetime of memories.

Birdie BOB LEFEBVRE is on a distinguished road BOB LEFEBVRE's Avatar

Masters tickets

I was lucky to go in 2004 a friend got lucky in the lottery for four tickets for all three practice rounds .he just put his social ins.number from canada and got tickets after four years,you could buy tickets right on the highway its like a flea market on mon they were going for $75. to $100. same on tues.wed they were $100.to $125.00 not bad to see the most beautiful place in golf.if you get a chance you wont be sorry.
    bob.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    From Masters.org:

Tournament Tickets
    Tournament or "Series" Badges (Thursday through Sunday) have been sold to those on our patron list which was closed due to demand in 1972. A waiting list began in 1972, and was closed in 1978. It reopened in 2000, and it too is now closed. No applications for "Series" Badges are currently being accepted.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    That is insane. I want to see Augusta first hand at least once in my life. It’s beautiful on TV, I can only imagine what it looks like live. Ebay was selling a Sunday ticket for $4000. Now that is crazy…

I’m not sure if I want to take the chance and drive down with a possibility to buy tickets from a scalper. It’s quite a long drive to watch the tourney from your hotel room TV.

I would love to see one practice round plus one weekend round. I would play golf the other days…
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Two friends of mine have been to the last two Masters, not counting this years edition. One gained entry via a corporate invite, for all four rounds. The other one was invited because his father is a retired corporate big-wig who was friendly with a corporate big-wig who somehow had tickets.

Then this year, a friend of the family from North Bay received a call from his son-in-law who lives in Texas, asking him, on the Tuesday, if he could drive down for the Thursday and Friday rounds as he was 'given' tickets as the original holder fell rather gravely ill and could not attend for the first time in 35 years.

So unless you scalp, blind luck might be your best bet, and mine.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

just watch it on TV... you get a better view anyways

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    Don't need a SSN your SIN will work or for that matter any unique 9 digit number that can pass a MOD10 validity check. They don't validate that the number is a real SSN
    they just need a unique key for their lotto system.

Also, the drawing is weighted based on address (those living closer to Augusta have better odds) and how long you've been in the draw. The more times you enter and don't win the better your odds the next year.

My father-in-law went this year with a group - they bought 4 week badges for $10K cdn.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thread Information