CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road

What did you forget over the winter?

My first few times at the range were good but my shots seemed a little weak. I had chalked it up to cold weather and using new irons.

The day before my most recent range session I realized that I was not mentally "dedicated" to the shot. Consequently I was not hitting down enough. This was easily fixed and I am now back to my normal distances.

I realized that the few full swings I did over the winter caused this forgetfulness. I was either doing half-followthrough swings in my basement (decelleration) or swinging on my driveway (an easy way to ruin a club). Even once the snow melted (again and again and again) I would practice with my 60° wedge on my lawn and I didn't want to take out beaver pelts or send a ball through a window (if I skulled it). None of this practice allowed me to fully commit to the swing.

Luckily that is fixed ... now back to the same problems of last year.

Wild how the mind works.

Anybody else forget anything? Do you know why?
    Back at it.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I noticed from hitting indoors on a sim that I had gone back to me crappy posture and hands too close to the body. Since noticing though, I've corrected that. There aren't any courses open here yet though, so I'm sure I'll have more things to add to the list. I'm playing new irons that are weaker than my 695CB's so I'm sure there will be a learning curve there as far as my distances go...Basically, my bag has changed completely...It'll be interesting...

I'll post again in a couple of weeks when I'm back from my trip. I think I'll have a better idea of how horrible I am after that.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post

I'll post again in a couple of weeks when I'm back from my trip. I think I'll have a better idea of how horrible I am after that.
    ....Don't you mean you'll have a better idea of just how sweet your swing is!! In spite of not being able to practice during the winter

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    All my bad shots...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    ....Don't you mean you'll have a better idea of just how sweet your swing is!! In spite of not being able to practice during the winter
    I'm hoping for the best....I've seriously never hit ANY of the clubs in my bag though, besides on a sim. Wait, that's a lie, I kept my 50 degree CG10, but besides that, new irons, a bunch of new drivers to try, new fairway woods, and new 54 and 58 degree wedges. I'm bringing 3 drivers down with me...I feel shame..

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    I'm hoping for the best....I've seriously never hit ANY of the clubs in my bag though, besides on a sim. Wait, that's a lie, I kept my 50 degree CG10, but besides that, new irons, a bunch of new drivers to try, new fairway woods, and new 54 and 58 degree wedges. I'm bringing 3 drivers down with me...I feel shame..
    .....No matter what at least you'll get re familiar with what warmth feels like. Remember also that the ball travels farther in Phoenix due to the dry air so play accordingly and enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    .....No matter what at least you'll get re familiar with what warmth feels like. Remember also that the ball travels farther in Phoenix due to the dry air so play accordingly and enjoy yourself
    True enough. I'll have to remember not to take the yardages too seriously until I get back here and play in normal air.

Pitching Wedge lngdrvcantputt is on a distinguished road
    my game was sour at the beginning of the year last year, my swing was flat and i wouldnt follow through all the way, i would hook and pull on my misses. That was from swinging in the basement, big no no, when your 6'4.

I basically started fresh with a more upright swing, and better posture, wich lowered my handicap from an 18 down to a 12, so this winter i didnt touch a club all winter.

Went to the driving range and worked on the same fundementals as last year, that said im am very much looking foreward to the start of the season, so far so good looking to work on the short game a little more and hopefully lower the handi... some more.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    my sanity for buying 2g's worth of equip during the off season....

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post

HAHA! I'm starting a thread on your behalf now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    .......Oh!!!! so you bought 2 new scotties......

Thread Information