100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shtick Is Back

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Shtick Is Back

First of all, before silly comments like "welcome back", and "welcome to the forum", etc.... let me clarify something.

I have been here since the beginning and I'm also a member of the NCGT. I check out this site frequently but I get more upset about the idiodic posts every time I do.

For those who don't remember me, I was involved in the OGTour since day 1. I believe that I was one of the first 50 members to register on this site. I'm a friend of Dan's, albeit a little younger , but I had some great rants with Broken27 in the sports forum as well. Ironicaly, we run a website together now.

Anyways, I'm willing to give this site another shot as far as posting stuff is concerned. I'm a 10-13 HDP (depends on the day in the park with noback), and I used to teach golf. I was also the Assistant Director of Golf Operations at a local club which I will not mention publically.

I lost my interest here when stupid posts started to happen. People bored at work, etc really has nothing to do with OttawaGolf. I'm game for ranting, helping players with their game, clarifying rules, talking sports in general, etc.

I don't like the stuff that turns people away from the site though.

Thanks,

Mike

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm sorry to say but i think an opening post like this hurts the site especially the "silly comments like welcome back.". This is an open forum for people to discuss what they please as long as the mods and Dan think it's allright. I'm getting tired of people complaining about "stupid" posts, why bother saying that? Whoever posted didn't think it was necessarily stupid so lighten up a bit, if your coming back to the forum and basically announcing your return to the world then do it with a more positive attitude.

I know more than one person who has stayed away from the site because of people like you who think everything non golf or something a bit "silly" should be taken down. People need to lighten up and realize what this board is here for, people to chat about golf, life, humour and everything else under the sun.

Welcome back!

I love the site and the forum... I was drawn away from it because of silly posts. I've been a member here since JAN of 2002, and I'm giving the site another shot as far as me posting is concerned.

My credentials speak for themselves on this site. John, when you first started here, you were one of the pioneers of trading.... so Dan opened up a forum for that. You've done well.

I want to post some useful info and not have some idiot who is bored at work try to jack the thread. That's all

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Glad you are back. If silly posts annoy you just ignore them. You have posted some silly posts in the past and I am sure it made some people laugh including me
    Last edited by Kilroy; 04-11-2007 at 06:56 AM. Reason: removed non-PG joke
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Boooo!! Shtick, you suck!! I hope you really regret coming back here!!

Was that more like you were expecting bud?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Where, oh where, have our standards gone? Despite your protestations to the contrary and as an oltimer on this site, I say: "Welcome back, my friend."

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm sorry to say but i think an opening post like this hurts the site especially the "silly comments like welcome back.". This is an open forum for people to discuss what they please as long as the mods and Dan think it's allright. I'm getting tired of people complaining about "stupid" posts, why bother saying that? Whoever posted didn't think it was necessarily stupid so lighten up a bit, if your coming back to the forum and basically announcing your return to the world then do it with a more positive attitude.

I know more than one person who has stayed away from the site because of people like you who think everything non golf or something a bit "silly" should be taken down. People need to lighten up and realize what this board is here for, people to chat about golf, life, humour and everything else under the sun.

Welcome back!
    I'm not sure it hurts the site, to say that he didnt like the "stupid" posts and that he stayed away because of it. It shows us how people see things differently.

You LIKE the stupid posts which is fine but some of us who dont care to know that "Richard " is greasing up holes with peanut butter, find those posts to be a waste of our time. Yes we can block it, but why should we have to? Just so these guys can get their post count higher?

If you or anyone else who likes posting those things just for your post count to increase, you guys can have mine. (Dan any way I can auction off my post counts for these guys to increase theirs without saying a word?? .

Shtick has a lot of golf knowlege and experience as a golfer to add to the site (which is a GOLF site).

Welcome back mister.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    First of all, before silly comments like "welcome back", and "welcome to the forum", etc.... let me clarify something.
    I was going to say "welcome back". Oh well it's kinda unfortunate you chose that for your opening line. Not very friendly IMHO.

There is no rule here against being silly. People are free to start silly threads if they like. We are not going to allow the thread jacking sillyness to continue as it has in the past.

People are aware of the ignore this user feature, but don't want to use it in case they miss something. That's too bad, but don't expect any rule to be imposed that reads like "no jokes unless so & so thinks they are funny".

I was under the imression you left to start your own sports forum with broken27 where you would be less moderated.
    I had some great rants with Broken27....I'm game for ranting
    Hold up a sec there please... I am sure many will remember that a lot of arguments eruped in the sports forum due to his ranting. They still discuss sports in there, but they don't get upset about it. That's a big improvement. If you want to rant like that please do so on your own forum. We do not want to return to that. It is far more damaging to the site than silly posts.

I don't like the stuff that turns people away from the site
    Neither do I. It has been far more pleasant without the sports rants. I'll take a few silly posts over that any day.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Well said Dan. Noback looks like you need to lighten up a bit as well. This is a golf site but it's so much more than that as well, just take a look around and you'll notice it's turned into a community not just a golf site.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    just take a look around and you'll notice it's turnerd into a community not just a golf site.

I totally agree!

Oh and Welcome!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW---put up your "dukes" and come out swinging. I think that your opening line is very "silly". I really think John has said it best--this is a community here and when you have met more of the members you will know why---My goodness man; lighten up a bit--the season hasn't even started!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Well said Dan. Noback looks like you need to lighten up a bit as well. This is a golf site but it's so much more than that as well, just take a look around and you'll notice it's turned into a community not just a golf site.
    John, no need to tell me that. Dan and I are close friends and I have seen this site grow to what it is today. I have been here since day one. I have praised and pushed this site to any golfer I have come in contact with over the years. I have helped bring many members into this "community" for many, many years.

What does bother some of us, is that there is also a chatroom for those care to chat with their buddies. Rather than take us along for the ride.

BTW, those who know me, know I cant get any more loose than I already am.

Sorry guys that my first post seemed to offend anyone. That wasn't my intention at all. I was simply letting everyone know who I am and what I've done here in the past.

As far as the ranting on sports stuff, Dan, I have a site for that, etc. I don't intend on causing trouble here.

GAME ON!!

Mike

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick View Post

As far as the ranting on sports stuff, Dan, I have a site for that, etc. I don't intend on causing trouble here.
    But those 'debates' (aka really repetitive arguments that I helped to fuel on a few occasion) were so fun. Welcome back.

Thanks bud.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    You still suck...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Ok Rich, do I really suck?

Wait! Ever since I Happy Gilmoured my Callaway Driver from Trillium Wood to Black Bear Ridge, I haven't sucked.

That driver you sold me the following day at Smuggler's Glen proves it.

Sand Wedge Sean Rea is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick View Post
    1. I believe that I was one of the first 50 members to register on this site.
    Wow that puts me in the first 50 or so as well...but I left for a few years.

Sean
    Sean Rea

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Rea View Post
    Wow that puts me in the first 50 or so as well...but I left for a few years.

Sean
    Dan would know this. When did you launch the OG Forum?

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    06-14-2001

if you want to see who were the first to join. just click on memebers list, then click join date to sort my earliest date

There was a forum before this product was being used so it's a bit older than that, but not much.

Holy crap! I now believe that Geoff officially has nothing better to do with his time. 7,000+ posts!

Better get on your horse "Richard"...

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Holy crap! I now believe that Geoff officially has nothing better to do with his time. 7,000+ posts!

Better get on your horse "Richard"...
    .......You'll never catch Dan cause if he has to he'll start posting corrections everytime we misspell a word. That ought to send him over the 100,000 post mark

I prefer to have a life thanks!

Thread Information