CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

NHL Playoff Schedule

What is going on here???? Sens and Pens at 3 on Sat afternoon after playing the first game on Wed. No canadian team for Hockey Night In Canada on Sat night and no late game.....something is not right with that. And then the Sens/Pens play again on Sun?????? At least there is a triple header on Sun.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    YEah. I am pissed this morning.. I have to watch the sens Sat at 3 pm what is that... I need Sens sat. night HNIC..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Welcome to the world of US market driven scheduling. The NHL wants US ratings (and $$$) so expect more of this.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Blame it on Il Divo. they are at the Scotia Bank place on Fri night. The Sens/Pens have to play sunday so it would be tough if the game were @ 7, went to double overtime, get on a plane and fly to Pittsburgh for a 7PM start. NBC is dictating this as well as they want Sid the Kid on in the afternoon when americans watch their sports.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hockey fans revolt and boycott......ok who am I kidding??? This just sucks. Hey, we got CBS to postpone the Amazing Race for the Junos, could we not work something out for a measly hockey game???
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Once again Canadian hockey fans get screwed around to suit the American interests. And still nobody in the US is going to watch.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Why should we care so much about this? The fact is that 22 teams reside in the US, and if we want the league to ultimately survive there have to be some concessions made in order to sell the game South of the 49th parallel.

If you think of it this way, not only is it giving more exposure to Sidney "The Next One" Crosby, but it will also give some face time to guys like Alfie, Spezza, Heatley, Emery, etc. Mike Emerick is one of the premier play-callers in the game, and Ottawa fans don't have to listen to the "Bob & Harry" show.

I can't believe it. All this complaining about 4 hours, yet we'll get up at 5am on a Monday to watch Canada play a preliminary round game at the Winter Olympics.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Why should we care so much about this? The fact is that 22 teams reside in the US, and if we want the league to ultimately survive there have to be some concessions made in order to sell the game South of the 49th parallel.

If you think of it this way, not only is it giving more exposure to Sidney "The Next One" Crosby, but it will also give some face time to guys like Alfie, Spezza, Heatley, Emery, etc. Mike Emerick is one of the premier play-callers in the game, and Ottawa fans don't have to listen to the "Bob & Harry" show.

I can't believe it. All this complaining about 4 hours, yet we'll get up at 5am on a Monday to watch Canada play a preliminary round game at the Winter Olympics.

But the Olympics only come around every 4 years, I can make that sacrafice for a Team Canada game.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Blame it on the fact that the Oilers, Leafs & Habs did not make the playoffs leaving only 3 teams, 2 of which are out West in the playoffs! If the other Canadian teams didn't suck ass we may have more choices.

Go Sens Go!!! I'll be at Game 1 tomorrow night cheeringfor the Sens like mad.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    What is the big deal? Of course they try to please the US fans... we will watch no matter what. And, as someone said, the reason we don't get a saturday night game is because the rest of the Canadian teams didn't pull their weight. The NHL can't do anything about that. I think the real problem people have with this is that now they have to get up earlier if they're going to go for a round before the game. I doubt anybody cares oustide of this golf forum.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    What is the big deal? Of course they try to please the US fans... we will watch no matter what. And, as someone said, the reason we don't get a saturday night game is because the rest of the Canadian teams didn't pull their weight. The NHL can't do anything about that. I think the real problem people have with this is that now they have to get up earlier if they're going to go for a round before the game. I doubt anybody cares oustide of this golf forum.
    Exactly. You mean you can't be home by 3 to watch this on the big screen?!? Or is it because you may have to converse with your significant other on a Saturday night!!!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Exactly. You mean you can't be home by 3 to watch this on the big screen?!? Or is it because you may have to converse with your significant other on a Saturday night!!!

BOTH!!!!!!

Thread Information