100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    9 Iron speedoodler is on a distinguished road speedoodler's Avatar

The leafs are golfing......again!!!

Now I'm going to draw some flak about this, but, once again the leafs are..NOT going to the playoffs.....As a diehard red wing fan, perhaps the leaf faithful can get a petition together and oust Ferguson and the rest of the dead wood, get better scouting and hopefully win the cup before the ice age cometh again....
    Just my two cents worth....What does anyone else feel?

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Go Sens Go!
    Back at it.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Here is how I feel about the LEAFS
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    All I can say is THERE IS A GOD!!!

W hat a brutal, brutal way to go. Jersey scores with 0.9 seconds left in the 3rd to tie it only to have the Laughs lose in a shoot-out - I can wait to hear what Cherry says about this

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    All I can say is THERE IS A GOD!!!

W hat a brutal, brutal way to go. Jersey scores with 0.9 seconds left in the 3rd to tie it only to have the Laughs lose in a shoot-out - I can wait to hear what Cherry says about this
    The shoot-out HAS to go.... As much as I was happy to see the Leafs go, I really don't like that the shoot-out affects the outcome of an entire season.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    The shoot-out HAS to go.... As much as I was happy to see the Leafs go, I really don't like that the shoot-out affects the outcome of an entire season.....
    I agree Bob, but it sure couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch

I agree Bob, but it sure couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch
    I'm trying to restrain myself.... I am not the type to pour salt in the wounds.... I find it is more of what you don't say, than what you do that has the desired effect

'Nuff said

... I am not the type to pour salt in the wounds.... I find it is more of what you don't say, than what you do that has the desired effect

'Nuff said
    Can I have your share of the salt then??? With both parents being die hard leaf fans as well as a number of folks in the office, this is my favorite time of the year

Can I have your share of the salt then??? With both parents being die hard leaf fans as well as a number of folks in the office, this is my favorite time of the year
    Looks like you just used it all up in the other thread about the parade route Besides, I need a little to take to the office for one particular Habs fan that works for me...... he shot his mouth off big time this year when the Sens went through a bad time at the start of the season.... time to get my revenge

Looks like you just used it all up in the other thread about the parade route Besides, I need a little to take to the office for one particular Habs fan that works for me...... he shot his mouth off big time this year when the Sens went through a bad time at the start of the season.... time to get my revenge
    That is tame..........you should have heard the phone call I had with my Father about 10 seconds after "Dubie" sent the Isles to the play-offs and the Leafs to the showers

That is tame..........you should have heard the phone call I had with my Father about 10 seconds after "Dubie" sent the Isles to the play-offs and the Leafs to the showers
    I bet I know what he was thinking..... 'what was I thinking bringing a no good so and so Sens fan into the world'

Perhaps............but I was trying to guide him down the "Why am I cheering for a team with 40 year record of futility" road.

But like all true Blue Leaf fans, his mouth shuts up pretty tight come spring time when their team is making Tee Times........he seems to have forgotten the "Lecture" that he gave me sitting in section 121 on Opening Night this year after the Leafs spanked us........

I reminded him that I said something along the lines of "One game does not a season make"........I also added a shot about how one more game like that 2nd game of the season for the Leafs would have gotten them into the play-offs

Nothing better than a little Father - Son competition....my winnings this year for having the Sens go father than the Leafs is my Dad wearing a Sens Jersey in the next Advertising spread that he does for his new subdivision back home

Nothing better than a little Father - Son competition....my winnings this year for having the Sens go father than the Leafs is my Dad wearing a Sens Jersey in the next Advertising spread that he does for his new subdivision back home
    Oh now that will go over big in T.O. a 'sales pitch' by a person wearing a Sens jersey God get us a video of that

You are an evil son, no wonder I like you mon ami!

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Besides, I need a little to take to the office for one particular Habs fan that works for me...... he shot his mouth off big time this year when the Sens went through a bad time at the start of the season.... time to get my revenge

And we both know someone else who shot their mouth off at me about the Sens too.... Wait until I see him this week

Oh now that will go over big in T.O. a 'sales pitch' by a person wearing a Sens jersey God get us a video of that

You are an evil son, no wonder I like you mon ami!
    I may be Evil

.......but I'm NOT from Toronto - I'm a proud Maritimer - PEI

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    YES THEY ARE............and thats exactly where they belong !!!!

"So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Sour Grapes. but it looks like sens fans have already won there cup again this year. Oh well at least i dont have to listen to Habs fans this year.

Quote Originally Posted by knickers View Post
    sour grapes. but it looks like sens fans have already won there cup again this year.

Now now now,don't lump all fans into one mould.....

I would love to see them win it, but it is going to be a long tough road. ANYONE that made the playoffs can now win this thing..... Hopefully the Sens have learned something from the embaressing seasons of early exits....

Sour Grapes. but it looks like sens fans have already won there cup again this year. Oh well at least i dont have to listen to Habs fans this year.
    Come on now Kickers - a Leaf fan complaining about a Sens fans thinking the Cup is already won is the same as a pot calling the kettle black.........

I don't think that the Sens have won a thing save for the chance to compete in the play-offs for the cup - but I guess that is something because only 16 invitations are handed out for that.

There are some great first round match ups this year and I'm hoping that we'll see some good hockey and that the refs will let the players decided games

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Good news, Leafs gone. Bad news, guess which series Cole and Neil will be doing.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Good news, Leafs gone. Bad news, guess which series Cole and Neil will be doing.
    Worse news, Gary Roberts HATES the Sens. Penguins in 5.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Come on now Kickers - a Leaf fan complaining about a Sens fans thinking the Cup is already won is the same as a pot calling the kettle black.........

I don't think that the Sens have won a thing save for the chance to compete in the play-offs for the cup - but I guess that is something because only 16 invitations are handed out for that.

There are some great first round match ups this year and I'm hoping that we'll see some good hockey and that the refs will let the players decided games
    I didnt mean that because the sens made the playoffs they asurred to win the cup. I meant that most sens fans are happy enough they once again made it further then the leafs.
    Other than that I cant say to much and hopefully the sens have what I takes this time around and win the cup.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    II meant that most sens fans are happy enough they once again made it further then the leafs.
    I doubt that is even close to the truth.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Sour Grapes. but it looks like sens fans have already won there cup again this year.
    Couldn't agree more. Way too many people are way too happy just because the Leafs are out. They're still 16 wins away from the cup, and that is all that matters.

I can already envision the thread that will happen if (knock on wood) the sens don't make it. It will start out as a "stupid sens, why did they blow it" thread. Then a Leaf fan will eventually post a "haha, you lost too," to which a sens fan will retort "at least we made it farther than you." The Leaf fan will then ask "well, did you win the cup?" to which the Sens fan will say "no...but...um....we made it further than you," and will therefore turn from angry at the loss to ecstatic at the simple fact they did 'better' than Toronto. And lo and behold, the circle of life will continue as always.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    The shoot-out did not determine the leafs entire season, the game they lost to the Ilses a week ago lost their season!

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Way too many people are way too happy just because the Leafs are out. They're still 16 wins away from the cup, and that is all that matters.

I can already envision the thread that will happen if (knock on wood) the sens don't make it. It will start out as a "stupid sens, why did they blow it" thread. Then a Leaf fan will eventually post a "haha, you lost too," to which a sens fan will retort "at least we made it farther than you." The Leaf fan will then ask "well, did you win the cup?" to which the Sens fan will say "no...but...um....we made it further than you," and will therefore turn from angry at the loss to ecstatic at the simple fact they did 'better' than Toronto. And lo and behold, the circle of life will continue as always.
    Perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    The shoot-out did not determine the leafs entire season, the game they lost to the Ilses a week ago lost their season!
    Well said as well. Not just that game but the Leafs continualy shot themselves in the foot in big games. Their inability to win big games for the last 2 seasons is what has kept them from the playoffs.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post

If the Sens compete every game and lose I don't think you'll see the "Sens Suck" threads. But if they pull their tuck their tails and run act when things don't go their way, you'll definately see those threads......and I might even start one of them. If the Sens could play with the passion the Leafs played with on Sat night (ugly win or not) they will have no problem with the Pens and might even make some big noise throughout the playoffs. They are a very talented team, but lack severly in the emotional department. And emotion is a big part of the playoffs.

Oh yeah, one more thing, they have to be willing to take a hit to make a play.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    I can absolutely "guarantee you" that we will still see Leafs sweaters at ScotiaBank during the playoffs. Another certainty is that some will take every opportunity during the timeouts to stand up and hold there hand and index finger up indicating that they are Number #1..............

Very Very Very sad.............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Well, they can't attend any Leaf playoff games, so it would be unfair for us to get angry at them for watching the Sens . And why shouldn't they make their allegiance known. That's why this rivalry is so good.

Thread Information