+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Senators

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Senators

Within the first two weeks of the season, the local sports pundits were predicting that the Sens wouldn't make the playoffs. Good thing these guys aren't paid for being right or for being patient. 105 points for this season. Priceless.

Here's my prediction. The Sens will go deep into the playoffs. They may even make it into the finals. They just have to avoid getting into shootouts to determine the outcome of the game.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Yes, priceless indeed, Sens played their season backwards in effect. They usually start strong and then suck coming down the playoffs stretch drive, this year they sucked for the first couple of month and have been excellent ever since. Does this translate to success in the post season? Who knows.

The Pittsburgh series is going to be tough, I don't care what people say about the strength of the penguin defense and goalie, we know that the Senators can get into goalscoring and goal-tending troubles in the playoffs so I am taking nothing for granted. All that is left to say is GO SENS GO!

1 Iron Daft_driver is on a distinguished road
    I'd rather have the Sens play the Penguins than NJ. Brodeur could singlehandedly kill any team.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Within the first two weeks of the season, the local sports pundits were predicting that the Sens wouldn't make the playoffs. Good thing these guys aren't paid for being right or for being patient. 105 points for this season. Priceless.

Here's my prediction. The Sens will go deep into the playoffs. They may even make it into the finals. They just have to avoid getting into shootouts to determine the outcome of the game.
    Couldn't agree more.. I think they may take it this year..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

3 Wood jeremy brown is on a distinguished road jeremy brown's Avatar
    You all are very loyal fans.....but your dreaming. Crosby,Malkin,Roberts(yes, he will come back to haunt us).Ottawa out in 6.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The thing is, Crosby Malkin Roberts can score 5 a game for all I care. The Pens D is so weak that Ottawa will not have any trouble scoring, and Fleury is inconsistent in net. It will be an exciting series for sure, and I think Ottawa will take it in 5. Also, as good as Crosby and Malkin are, I think if Ottawa can get Phillips, Volchenkov and Fisher out there against them consistently, they will cause problems for them. And more ice time for Fisher is NEVER a bad thing.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Crosby and Malkin don't scare me as they will be patrolled by Phillips and Vochenkov, it's the likes of Christiansen, Roberts, Staal etc that are worrying me as they will match up against Redden and Meszaros. A lot will depend upon whether these two can cut out all the mistakes they were making together in the regular season. I sincerely hope that the Sens scoring doesn't just dry up, like in some of the various playoff nightmares of the past.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    You know, even with all the trash talk that goes on between Leafs, Habs, and Sens fans here, it's all just for "sh**s and giggles".

I really hope that Ottawa goes deep in to the playoffs this year. You Sens fans have waited long enough, and you should have the team this year to get it done, and a win over the Penguins in round 1 would be a huge confidence booster.

At the very least I will pull for the Sens because they are the only Canadian team representing the East. Vancouver has my vote in the West (for sentimental reasons).

Good luck to the Senators and their fans as you head into the toughest 2 months in sports. (I can't believe I'm going to say this) GO SENS GO!!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    what? really? your freaking me out Rich! lol
    GO SENS!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    what? really? your freaking me out Rich! lol
    GO SENS!
    HA HA! Call it temporary insanity!

Seriously, I know what it's like to be a fan and to have high expectations for your team. 15 years is a long time to wait for any team (not to mention 40). Hell, it's been 14 years since the cup has been anywhere in Canada. Thank god we won the gold in 2002 or we'd all be suicidal.

Ottawa's attendance figures right from day 1 prove that this is an NHL city, but I also fear that another so-so playoff season might start to erode the fan base. I'm not saying that this will happen overnight, but cities like Winnipeg and Quebec help to illustrate the point. We need to hold on to the teams we have, and maybe replace a couple that we've lost along the way.

Sens fans make plenty of noise in the seats. It's high time that the players make some noise on the ice.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I watched every agonizing minute of today's game and during the early part of the third period I told my wife that the Senators would lose, notwithstanding the fact that they outplayed the Penguins. There are days that you just know that things are not going to turn out well. I still think that the boys from Ottawa will win in 7, but it is going to take a lot of hard work.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    I watched every agonizing minute of today's game and during the early part of the third period I told my wife that the Senators would lose, notwithstanding the fact that they outplayed the Penguins. There are days that you just know that things are not going to turn out well. I still think that the boys from Ottawa will win in 7, but it is going to take a lot of hard work.
    Agree, the series will go 6 or 7.

Difference today was Fleury. He made 34 saves today including the 20 in the second period. On Wednesday night, I was fortunate to be a guest in a box directly behind the Pittsburgh net in the first period. We were all commenting that Fleury looked "so tight". He was fumbling anything that came to him. Today was certainly very different.

We all know a "hot" goalie can carry a team through the playoffs. Lets hope Fleury does not get too hot.......
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I'd be a lot more concerned if the Sens hadn't carried the play for the majority of the game.

What I am disturbed about it the amount of "Whining" that Sid the Kid does - I actually like Sid and I can't wait to see him carry Canada's hopes in the 2010 Olympics, but he needs to take a page out of Mario's and Wayne's book.......don't whine and complain everything something doesn't go your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I'd be a lot more concerned if the Sens hadn't carried the play for the majority of the game.

What I am disturbed about it the amount of "Whining" that Sid the Kid does - I actually like Sid and I can't wait to see him carry Canada's hopes in the 2010 Olympics, but he needs to take a page out of Mario's and Wayne's book.......don't whine and complain everything something doesn't go your way.
    Yeah, I am a "huge" Sid the Kid fan (after the Sens of course), but agree he needs to tone down the whining and complaining on everything. Mind you Sid does get battered around alot while Wayne had Semenko to take care of that business for him.........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Sens tighten up the D and they have this series easy. All over the Pens, just didn't play smart defense.

There you have it. Easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Sens tighten up the D and they have this series easy. All over the Pens, just didn't play smart defense.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    strong effort tonight by the Sens. Good to see them bounce back.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Very good effort indeed...........I hope Eaves isn't too shaken up, he has a history of concussions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Men against boys tonight, especially McAmmond and Talbot, ouch. Nice also to pick up the win after going down early. Sens look different to me this year.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Very good effort indeed...........I hope Eaves isn't too shaken up, he has a history of concussions
    They said he has a concussion again.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Men against boys tonight, especially McAmmond and Talbot, ouch. Nice also to pick up the win after going down early. Sens look different to me this year.
    I'm loving Comrie too - putting up point and playing with some grit

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'm loving Comrie too - putting up point and playing with some grit
    I think I said it around the trade deadline, I thought Comrie was a great pick up, but the best part of the deal to me was that they got him early enough that he could develop some chemistry with his new team mates.

Agree, they look "hungry" this year. Alfie is the best example of that.
    Alfie has no intention of going on an April golf trip to Ireland with the boys from the Royal Ottawa this year......!!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Good call on both Alfie & Comrie - they've both been spark plugs for the team so far in the playoffs. How about McAmomond doing a number on Talbot's fist with his rock-hard face! Deano takes 5 or 6 shots to the face from Talbot and doesn't even flinch?!! Chuck Norris would be proud.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

The Sens looked great again tonight. There's no guarantee how far they'll go in the playoffs, but one thing is certain. These players are not going down without a fight. They've had it with losing in the post-season. Go get 'em Sens.

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Tonight's 2-1 win has to be about the most hard fought gritty win I have seen this team ever get in the last 10 years of playoffs. I think only the '03 game 6 win against NJ compares. Different looking indeed.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Emery made some key saves tonight and the guys fought hard... won their battles in the corners. Good on Vermette for winning those faceoffs at the end against Crosby.

Speaking of Crosby, he didn't see to whine too much to the refs tonight - that's surprising

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBallHitter View Post
    Emery made some key saves tonight and the guys fought hard... won their battles in the corners. Good on Vermette for winning those faceoffs at the end against Crosby.

Speaking of Crosby, he didn't see to whine too much to the refs tonight - that's surprising
    I noticed that as well - Mario must of told the kid to shut his yap and play. Spezza smoked him on a faceoff as well at the end.

I'm going to complain about the divisional seeding crap again. The Ott/Pitt series has been great hockey, while the supposed #3 seed Atl laid a big steaming one on the bed in what looked like a 1/2 speed pickup game. A disgrace Ott or Pitt has to go in the first round. Same with the SJ/Nas series out west.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    I think it's fair to say Ottawa will eliminate Pittsburgh... I don't want to jinx them but let's assume it. Round 2 is not going to be easy boys...

If Tampa eliminates NJ, it's Ott-Rangers with home ice advantage
    If NJ eliminates Tampa, it's Ott-NJ with NJ having home ice advantage.

I would rather have NYR than NJ... NJ hockey puts me to sleep - what a snoozefest

NYR games are exciting to watch with Jagr, Nylander and Lunqvidst. And I want Neil to lay a smackdown on Avery to shut him up...

After 2 periods the Sens are leading 3 nothing. All I can say about their play is Wow.

Thread Information