CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Worst hole of your life

Seeing all these pros putting up big numbers makes me think about the worst number I've ever put up. In Myrtle Beach on World Tour, I played the Sawgrass 17 replica hole. Put 7 balls in the water off the tee before finally taking my drop. I wouldn't have done it if the course was busy, but it was very quiet at the time. To top if off I three putted the green too.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    The par 5 at Eagle Creek that has the huge deep bunker down the right side. Just couldn't get the ball out of the heavy, deep sand. Picked up at 13.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Marshes #2... wasnt pretty... nuf said

found the secret now though. driver, 6 iron, 19* hybrid, 2 putt, par

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Several years ago at Arnprior GC I sliced off the first tee to 18 fairway. Topped 3 more towards the green, then proceeded to shank 5 sand wedges in a row to go all the way around the green in a circle, without ever getting it on. I then chipped up and 3 putted as I recall.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Par 5 # 16 at Mont Cascades. I hit OB off the tee, re-teed and hit into the rough, then shanked the next shot into the marsh, then layed up in front of the creek, quickly topped two balls into the water, hit the third one into the hill in front of the green, chipped it over, then chipped it on, then three putted. Promptly birdied 17, and then put my tee shot on 18 into the water on the left. I was ready to kill someone after that shot (especially my buddies who had wet their pants laughing by that time), but I had a good laugh about it in the bar thank god.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    #16 at Galt CC in Cambridge - par 3 over water. Was cruising along to a great round then kapowie - 4 balls in the drink a bunch of putts for a 13.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    A 13 on a par 3 at Hawksbury. In the front trap in 1, 2, 3 and 4. Blasted 40 yards past the green for 5, back in the trap for 6, 7, 8 and 9, chipped from the fringe 10, and a 3 putt for 13. In my defence...the sand was really wet and there was at least a 10 foot lip to clear, and I kept hitting it 9 feet, dribble back, repeat.

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    mignt not be the worst, 1st on one of the nines at Manderly, the par 5 jsut to the left of the driving range. Try to carry the ditch and end it's lost right. HAd a provisional 3 wood in the fairway, put it in the water on the left. Take a drop put another in the water, and another, maybe 1 more can't recall. Hit one I thought went down the right side. Can't find it, drop a ball at the cost 2 strokes (local rule heh). Other ball was found on the left side after I hit onto the green, at that point I didn't care. Ending up calling it a 14.

Played the next 7 holes 1 under and tripled the last for a 47 or something like that.

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Fifth hole on the east course at the Canadian. Scored a 15, but I finished it and putted out. Got stuck behind a log in the woods and took about 8 hacks at it to get it out. Counted them all. Looking back it must have been funny as heck for my playing partners. Ah, the good old days. That hole is just a drive and a sand wedge now due to technology.

Big numbers are good for the soul.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I recall making a 10 on a par 5 at the Hunt Club in the City and District, I believe. I was 7, yes 7, off the tee. Chris Pilon asked me after the round how I made 10 and I respond: "By sinking a 12 foot putt." You never forget those disasters.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I made an 18 on the 18th at EC. I blocked a drive then tried to fly the water to a back pin from 270 with a 7* Driver into the wind... over, and over, and over, and over...
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I made an 18 on the 18th at EC. I blocked a drive then tried to fly the water to a back pin from 270 with a 7* Driver into the wind... over, and over, and over, and over...
    but the question is how much did you have to drink on the other 17 holes

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    but the question is how much did you have to drink on the other 17 holes
    Well I remember it... There are a lot of rounds that I can't even say that about.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Well I remember it... There are a lot of rounds that I can't even say that about.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Well, don't remember having one like that... Yet, I do remember the ones that I did not get to play.... I have walked out of the course 3 times...

1) Due allergy (stopped at 15th) and jumped in the car to rush home for pills…basically my fault as I ate (cheese) just before playing…
    2) Stopped at 10th as one of my kids had a soccer game (Felt so guilty that I could not play)
    3) Recently, I stopped playing at 12th as my friend was so frustrated with his game (quite verbal) that it was making mine suffer plus the other players. (I invited him to join me at the parking lot and leave...)

So I guess the bad ones are the ones that I did not get to play…..

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    The worst hole I every had in compitition was on number 13 on Butlers woodside golf course. It was a relatively easy par three, The pin was cut 7 foot from the back edge and I hit a nine iron 9 foot right over the pin .It bounced off of the steep incline and rolled all the way into the woods. Two hacks later I was out, and then took dead aim at the stick and promply hit the only tree branch in sight on the way to my target . Another cut shot to the pin and presto I'm on the green where I proceed to 3 putt my way to an 8.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Men's Night
    Westminster Trails
    #12, Par 5 490
    Nice drive, great lay up short of the pond in front of the green.
    56* wedge in hand. Pin cut dead centre of the green. Thinking, BIRDIE TIME

SHANK.....SPLOSH
    Drop...........SHANK.............SPLOSH
    Drop............Miss green to left
    From there it really got ugly. Ended up missing an 18 inch putt and made TWELVE

Had some good laughs over that mess.

Month later I made a 10 on the 16th, 555 Par 5. CLUB C first round.
    Good drive, good layup. When I get to my ball for my third shot I notice it has mud on it. I have to hit it 150 yards, uphill and over a swamp. Wind coming from the right. So I think "OK, take a 6 iron and hit this nice and easy, smooth it so the ball doesn't do goofy things in the air with that mud on it"
    Ball leaves club face, looking good, and half way over the swamp it does a nosedive
    Drop, hitting 5, hook this one into the fescue left of the green. We all look, can not find it. Back down the hill, past the swamp. Hitting 7. Onto the edge of the green and 3 putts later I have a nice 10 on the scorecard.
    Parred in though!

You gotta love the game of golf eh?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    I had a 10 on a par 4 once that is it by a long shot.

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    Hole # 9 at the Rock. 680 yards.

Pulled two shots into the marsh on the left. Took a drop, then I went tin cup on the hole.. I put 4 balls into the water trying to get over it with my 6 iron. When it was all over I took a 15 on the hole and shot 89.

maybe you shoulda hit 5 iron instead

Pitching Wedge Golftime is on a distinguished road
    I was on the 16th tee at Glen Abbey at 3 over par. Even though my usual shot was a fade I promptly hooked one into the valley. At the end it was a triple bogey 8 which is not so bad except for the timing. Because I was mad at the triple I doubled 17 and bogied 18 to finish at 81 and lost the tournament by 3 shots.
    Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Thread Information