+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Crazy playoff race

Lets say the islanders beat PHI tomorrow at 1pm
    And then the leafs beat MTL in regulation at 7pm

Does NJ win the game against the Islanders so BUF has to play TOR??? Or do they lose the game so BUF has to play the NYI? If MTL loses the game in OT does NJ lose the game so BUF plays NYI or win the game so BUF plays MTL?

If you're NY do you care who BUF plays or do you want to try to help them play the team you think best maches up against them? I know this happens in basketball all the time but not sure if teams do this in hockey as well.

Living in toronto it would be nice to have the hockey season go a little bit longer, the streets are so much more lively since I'm downtown

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    It is to say the least the most intense race I can remember for a long time. I am soo happy to be flying to Toronto tomorrow to catch the game should be Amazing.

I say the leafs make it by winning Saturday night and NYI losing on sunday. I do not think the Devils care who Buffalo plays. You want to be ready for the playoffs not throwing games the last day of the regular season. What if NJ has to play NYI in the playoffs? The NYI would have extra confidence going into that series if NJ did throw the last game.

GO LEAFS GO
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    All I Can say is GO HABS GO for Saturday's game against you know who
    I told a HABS fan at work last night "Not very often you'll see my cheering for your team. But tomorrow night I will be cheering HARD FOR THE HABS"

Looks like my Sharks are going to play Nashville in the first round. GO SHARKS GO.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Sand Wedge thuggolfer is on a distinguished road thuggolfer's Avatar
    *Sens Fan*

But i'm hoping Montreal gets in.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Lets Go Rangers!!!

Sand Wedge thuggolfer is on a distinguished road thuggolfer's Avatar
    Rangers clinched last night, they're in.
    -Mike

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post

If you're NY do you care who BUF plays or do you want to try to help them play the team you think best maches up against them? I know this happens in basketball all the time but not sure if teams do this in hockey as well.
    I don't think professional sportsmen really look at it like that and will go out and play just like any other game. Don't forget the NJ will want to end the season on a high note to get to the playoffs in good shape. One thing is that Marty Brodeur may be rested, so NYI will catch a break there.

In any event I would prefer that PHI beat NYI in regulation or OT to turn the MTL vs TML a "winner takes" all battle.

NB: I am aware that TML could technically win (in OT) and MTL advance to the playoffs.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Man, how bad a taste will it leave in fans mouths if Montreal walks into the ACC tomorrow night and beats the Leafs with a play-off berth on the line............I can't imagine the pressure that the leafs will be under playing that one at home and needing the win in Reg.........should be a heck of a game - I just hope that Paul Maurice doesn't keel over right on the bench

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Man, how bad a taste will it leave in fans mouths if Montreal walks into the ACC tomorrow night and beats the Leafs with a play-off berth on the line............I can't imagine the pressure that the leafs will be under playing that one at home and needing the win in Reg.........should be a heck of a game - I just hope that Paul Maurice doesn't keel over right on the bench
    Do you think the Toronto Star knows something we don't.................???

"So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Thread Information