100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: golf shoes

Pitching Wedge PANTUSOS is on a distinguished road PANTUSOS's Avatar

golf shoes

Does any one recommend a golf shoe that has good heal support as I carry my bag and would like shoes that are very comfortable and easy on the knees. Any reviews on the Nike T W Goretex shoe?
    CHICO

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    I recommend you Adidas products. Very comfortable and the leather is usually smoother than Nike products (my personal experience). However, the heal support is normally very good but be careful because some models are very low around the heal and may not give you adequate support.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I ripped the heels out on two pairs of Nike shoes including the old TW Tour, or whatever it was called. Goretex treated leather that just ripped away around the heel area. I too walk most of the time carrying my clubs.

I changed to Dryjoys last spring and have never looked back. Comfortable right from the start, which none of the Nikes never did, giving me blisters the entire year plus I had them.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    I picked up Adidas runner style last year, have played 40 rounds they are holding up great, and still completely waterproof.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Bite

I have both Adidas and Bite golf shoes. The Bite shoes are far more comfortable, and they are spikeless so I often wear them to the course.

Although the Adidas have been used less, I can't get some of the original soft spikes out to change them, and I'm missing one because the thread has stripped. And it took me a long time to break them in to a point where my feet weren't sore after a round.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Recently I've worn Reebok, Dexter Dry Sports and Footjoy Dry Joys (2 pair).

All are good but I found the Reebok's a bit heavy.

Currently in the active rotation are 2 pair of DryJoys and they are great - I've worn them both right out of the box with no comfort problems.

The only hitch I had was in replacing the spikes in the DryJojs - I could not get them out with a tandrad spike wrench and had to take them in to Chuck Brown's where they use a special wrench from FootJoy.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    I have to agree with Colby on that. Nike shoes are easily ripped especially when you're a big guy like me.

I wear Dexter's now and find them very confortable. They're weird looking (a cross between a regular golf shoe and sneekers).

No problems replacing the spikes. I bought a cheap tool at Walmart and it works great.

For blisters, my old Footjoys and Nike's gave me blisters like crazy. When I switched to Dexter's it was better but I still got the odd one here and there. I changed my socks to extremely light sports socks and now I rarely have blisters unless I play more than 18 holes on the same day...

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

SportChek on Merivale

Sport Chek on Merivale is having a 5 day sale right now...I just bought a pair of Etonic 400 shoes $79.99 from $179.00. Heel gel, nice leather...I wear etonic's for last couple years...very nice shoe, comfortable, no blisters.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    I've worn a pair of Bite golf shoes for the last few years. Quite comfortable, never any blisters. The heal support is good nothing extra though. All leather, soft spikes, really like just a regular shoe you'd wear. Good luck PANTUSOS.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Heals or heels?

HEALS
    Are we talking about athlete's foot here or golf shoes?

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

Lightbulb Heals

Heal Support is very important in golf shoes. Actually the support throughout the shoe is important. Thats the whole point to golf cleats, to be very stable. WHile gripping the ground.

As for the best shoes, after selling these shoes for the last 3 years or so, i've seen and tried most of them and have a few favourites that i would recommend. First, I use the Adidas Tour Traxion, they are best in my eyes. Full waterproof leather, good support, and comfortable right out of the box. Second, the Etonic Difference is very good shoe, but i think they may be discontinued and are now the Dri-Lite AC 500. Third, the Footjoy GelFusion or DryJoys I would highly recommend also.
    All these shoes are above $120, but are highly worth it. I think shoes are one of those things that i can justify spending just about any amount of money on, because its an important part of your golf game.
    Last thing....Stay away from Nike,Bite,Dexter, Fairway, Reebok brands, for various reasons.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

"Heal Support"

Andre:

I suppose "Heal Support" is the ability of a golf shoe to "heal" your feet after a round!

Personally I would look for "Heel Support", but that's just my own craziness......

In answer to the original thread, I like the Etonic Dry-Lite series. Never had a blister from day one, very water resistant and the 500 series are extremely light. One downside was that I found sand somehow managed to creep inside the shoes whenever you were in a very soft bunker (like Eagle Creek). Never had that happen in another shoe before.

Oh yeah, they have great "Heal Support"

GarthM

9 Iron javguy is on a distinguished road
    I'm thinking of picking a pair of golf sandals for the summer. I wonder comfy these are to play in.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Javguy,

Golf sandals are great (except in a bunker!!!) but you have to be careful because some golf courses don't authorize them...

Thread Information