CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge thuggolfer is on a distinguished road thuggolfer's Avatar

Right now at Golf Town

The Taylormade r5Dual Driver is on sale for 190$ from 460$. It's a great club, I suggest going out there and hitting it, it's perfect for someone who needs a good club but is still cheap at heart.

-Mike

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    IMO the price is that low for a good reason, that being that it is likely the worst driver that Taylor made has put out in a long time. and the 425, 460, and two new ones ( Burner and SQ) are much more popular.

these are not even being cloned and copied as the 460 is and they can be bought safely on e-bay for about $100US sometimes less with the TP versions going for south of $150 with a Diamana and as low as $125US gently used on most forums

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Weirfan that is purely your opinion. The R5 is a great TM driver and in my "opinion" faaar outperforms the original R7 and R725 which i'm currently playing. Pick up one of these and you will not be disappointed, it's just slightly smaller than the R7 460 and performs just as well.

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Weirfan that is purely your opinion. The R5 is a great TM driver and in my "opinion" faaar outperforms the original R7 and R725 which i'm currently playing. Pick up one of these and you will not be disappointed, it's just slightly smaller than the R7 460 and performs just as well.
    Hi John,

I am glad the R5 works for you.

Yes, it most certainly is partially based on my opinion as I have had both the R5 and the R5 tp , the latter with a number of differing shafts.

but also it is a fact, that this is not TM most popular driver and market forces will always be a good barometer of that. there is a flood of used R5 and R5 TP everywhere and like I said the prices are very , very low....I just checked e-bay completed listings and the R5 can be had for as low as $79 US and the TP is well south of $150.....and I bought 2 of them ( R5TP drivers) for $225 US along with a Diamana shaft back in the fall......as a comparison, even the R510 TP are selling for as much as the R 5 TP.

But a better sign is even the crooks and copymakers are not making R5's as they are not worth the effort......( perhaps a good thing for ebay buyers) there are fake 460's comming out of the woodwork all over ebay. This has alos driven their price down too

I also realize that TM has come out with 19 drivers , I think it is in the past 4 years so that also contributes to low sale and values on their last years models.

in any event. they are innexpensive and an option for someone wanting a driver at a bargain basement price

Thread Information