CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Question Fixed Rate Gas vs. Enbridge

Guy came to my door last night from another gas company offering fixed rate gas. Ontario Energy Savings. Anyone deal with them? Anyone get fixed rate gas? Opinions?

Merci!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Those schemes always make me nervous.........I don't know why other than a gut feeling. I'll never sign-up for something like that.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Scam artists,stay away from those clowns One guy actually tried to get my signature to have a home evaluation done,when i read the fine print i noticed it was a contract.
    I very hastely removed him from my property.
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    What the fixed gas rate people don't tell you is that the actuall gas rate, while trending up over a long period of time, actually fluctuates.

They wait for a period when gas is higher and hit you with their contracts.

Stay away!
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Last summer those guys were around my neighbourhood once a week. Most of those salespeople tended to be a bit rude and pushy.
    My neighbour and I were out in front of his house one day while he was doing some work on his deck.
    The salesman approached us and started into his speech. My neighbour said "Sorry, not interested" The guy asked why not. Neighbour said "I am just not interested at this time THANK YOU"
    I then told the guy not to bother going to the house next door as that was mine and I was not interested.
    I said "Gas prices will not go up that high so I am not locking in at your price" He called me a liar, said I did not know a damn thing about the price of natural gas. Told me the price would rise to over 50 cents per cubic meter blah blah blah.
    Finally I asked him what part of NO do you not understand. He got really ticked off. muttered a few swear words and walked away.
    Needless to say, if I had locked in at the price he had that day I would be paying more for my gas than I am now.
    PLUS, when your contract runs out, they automatically renew it whether you agree to or not. You have to then send a REGISTERED LETTER to them telling them you no longer want them as your carrier. It takes about 3 months before you will start paying the price that Union Gas is offering. I know, been there, done that years ago. It will not happen again.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    be very weary!!!

a few years back one came to my door and talked to my wife,

sounded like a good deal to her and he said you just havbe to sign here, it is not a contrract just sign up your interest andthey will take your account number and do a comparison. so she signed up. he told her she had 10 days to call them and say she was not interested no problem.

well i came home and she told me about this, so i called rightaway and said no thanks, the person said they had no record of us i read off the number from the coy she had, they said this nuber was not registered.

i called back 2 days later and smae run around, not registered, nothign to cancel agin i quoted the numbero n the form i had, and nothing .i expressly told themi did not want anythign todo with their service and that they were not empowered to make any changes or to bill anyrthign to me.

then i wrot a letter to them to re-state this.
    again i called a few days l;ater and now all of a sudden they h ad my contract registerd, and said it was past the 10 days and nothign could be done, i was trheir customer and could not cancel without penalty. tehy informed me that i shoudl have called within the 10 days ( althoughthis was only 8 days after they came to my door) and that it was clearly writtine on the contract. I told them i had on contract, what i had was a form about price comparison, evaluation etc, nothign about a contract.

they tried a lot of crap about how it was signed and that it wqas now a conteract and registered etc etc.

long story short however athis point, well my originall billing was in my name, the house was in my name and my wife wzS the signature they had, and we do not share a last name., so i si,p[ly infomred them that this was not my name and i woudl not oay anythign and i called enbridge and made sure they would continue to supply my gas.

we had a few letters in the mail fofmr them, which i did not even openb and have since moved and just not bothered to say anythign to them

thing is, maybe you would save a few bucks, but they are sneaky, underhanded and lieing, so never will i go with them!!

sorry for my typing skills!

Thread Information