100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    6 Iron Rapture Man is on a distinguished road
    Played Emerald Links last Thursday. Excellent shape, especially the greens, not one sign of winter kill. Fairways and tee boxes all in mid summer conditions.

Played Casselview twice this weekend. Also in very good shape. See Casselview Conditions thread for more info.
    Keep it vertical!!

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick View Post
    That's odd. It was my buddy who paid for me when we played. I questioned him about the price and he didn't have any coupons or anything like that. For all I know, It could have been a morning special (before 11:00am) or a Wednesday special. I have no idea, but that's the price we paid.
    He probably meant 65$ each, which is the regular green fee including cart. I booked at Outaouais instead, never played there and I heard it's a very nice course. At 40$ including cart, you can't go wrong!

7 Iron hkypuk is on a distinguished road
    I played Outouais today for $39 plus tax. Conditions are ok but not what we've grown to expect.
    I found the greens and fairways in less than good condition-perhaps an expectation.
    .We played the old course combo(my favorite)-south/west
    They had two makeshift holes.
    Converted the old 18th(9 west) into the 9th and made a temporary par 3 between the black and red tee blocks on the old 11 to accomadate the changes being made to the old 17. Worst part about that is by doing so they shortened one of the best(toughest) par 5s in the region. Best part is we didn't have play the old #9 which is the dumbest hole in the region. It has been temporarily converted to be the par 3 18th-great idea.
    I love this course especially the layout.Unfortunately I would recommend you wait until the conditions improve.
    Then again, green fees are going up to $54 so ?????

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Sorcier on Sat--I think the "fat turtles" ate more--Not too much flood damage --# 3 is always soft but I was really disappointed with the conditions of the t-boxes---anyway give it a couple of more weeks.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road

Hammond

played it on Saturday. pretty darn good shape fo early May. Greens were a little shaggy but still rolled pretty good. No complaints except for the wind!

Played Outaouais (East-South). Conditions were superb, it was dried and the greens were pretty fast, but generally good conditions.

Altough ottawagolf website says that their spring special is 40$ including the golf cart, they did not want to include the cart. They started to make me doubt myself as to what the special was, but now I see it on the website that it does include cart. I will call them today and try to clarify this.

Called Outaouais this morning. Apparently, there is a mistake on the website here because it should not include the cart. They received numerous phone calls concerning this. Whoever is in charge of those pages should remove the power cart included in the special section.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    anyone played Pakenham lately?
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Called Outaouais this morning. Apparently, there is a mistake on the website here because it should not include the cart. They received numerous phone calls concerning this. Whoever is in charge of those pages should remove the power cart included in the special section.
    I have spoken to Outaouais manager and updated their page here. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I was just hoping to cart since I was playing hockey as soon as my round was over.

Thanks for the update
    Last edited by Kilroy; 05-10-2007 at 09:49 AM.

We played Emerald Links today.
    I found the fairways to be ok and the greens to be good but not representative of the $47 +tax green fee.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I think someone already mentioned it, but wow, was Lombard Glen ever in great shape. Pops and I played today around 1, had the course to ourselves and got around in 2hrs 40 mins. I was even going to 18, smashed a drive that caught an overhanging limb and rocketed about 120 yard into the bush right. I'm always working at keeping my cap up

Anyway if you're up towards Smiths Falls at all, definitely get out and play Lombard, I think my Dad said it was $32, which is a steal in my opinion.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Sand Wedge SeanLab is on a distinguished road

Mont Cascades Conditions

Has anyone been up to Mont Cascades? I have a group of guys looking to play on the holiday Monday and I was wondering how the course is?

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Played Central & North Manderly today. The fairways were in good shape, the tee boxes for the most part were in poor shape and the greens were very sandy. There was not much sign of any growth this year as many of the greens were still totally punched. Enjoyed myself but the greens were perplexing. I'll be checking in later in the season.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Re: Manderley. Central's greens were punched and top dressed last week. The other 2 9's will be done over the next 2 weeks.

The other greens are getting a bit dry, but the rain tomorrow & Wed will solve that.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I played Eagle creek yesterday, and i would rate it just Ok in Conditions, not the best i've seen it , but from all accounts it seems to be "getting there". Certainly the greens on the back nine were much better than the greens on the front, however a very enjoyable experience nonetheless .
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanLab View Post
    Has anyone been up to Mont Cascades? I have a group of guys looking to play on the holiday Monday and I was wondering how the course is?
    Played there yesterday. The overall condition of the course is very good. However, call ahead just to make sure that they have cut the greens. The greens were amazingly long, bumpy (isn't that obvious!) and slow. Just unbelievable! Most of other courses would call this a "fairway".....

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Played Meadows yesterday (South-East) greens were excellent... and fairways good.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    anyone play pineview lately? what kind of shape is it in?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

8 Iron Fozz is on a distinguished road Fozz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanLab View Post
    I'll second what Big Easy said... The course is a decent shpae but the greens are so long and bumpy, it's almost un-puttable. I would wait a couple weeks at least...

5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road

Meadows

played west/south Monday. Not bad at all.

6 Iron Rapture Man is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by hkypuk View Post
    We played Emerald Links today.
    I found the fairways to be ok and the greens to be good but not representative of the $47 +tax green fee.
    You have to be kidding. I played South/West with my wife on May 3rd and we were both amazed by the excellent shape of the fairways and greens for this time of year. The greens had no sign of winter kill, were perfectly cut and rolled true and fast. It was well worth the $47 + Tax.

I have played two other courses in the region and I can say for certain that Emerald Links conditions are very close to mid summer conditions compared to quite a few other courses in the region.
    Keep it vertical!!

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Anybody been out at Les Vieux Moulins lately? Conditions? Is there still a lot of building work going on nearby?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Played Mont Cascades on Saturday. Conditions are pretty good in the fairways, and on the front 9 greens. Back 9 greens have quite a bit of damage, lots of bare patches. Tee boxes were inconsistent, it was tough sometimes to find a level spot.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Sunday: Metcalf -- still great value...

Monday: Played EL (South-West) The west greens were a bit slow... other than it was great...

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    Monday: Played EL (South-West) The west greens were a bit slow... other than it was great...
    Played the East-South at Emerald Links today, and the greens on the East were even slower than the South. I'm not going to whine about my score, but I think I left 2-3 strokes on the East because of the greens. Other than that, the course was in great shape. 3 bar carts running usually gets a good vote from me though.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture Man View Post
    You have to be kidding. I played South/West with my wife on May 3rd and we were both amazed by the excellent shape of the fairways and greens for this time of year. The greens had no sign of winter kill, were perfectly cut and rolled true and fast. It was well worth the $47 + Tax.

I have played two other courses in the region and I can say for certain that Emerald Links conditions are very close to mid summer conditions compared to quite a few other courses in the region.
    Actually I am not kidding.Perhaps you should try a few more courses than two before you question others.
    I guess it depends on your expectations....For $47+tax early morning I expect a lot more...What were the other two courses??? Why don't you bring your wife to Marshes on Saturday after 4 for $50 with cart and tell me if you still feel so strongly. In my mind the conditions were not relative to the fees being charged.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hkypuk View Post
    Actually I am not kidding.Perhaps you should try a few more courses than two before you question others.
    I guess it depends on your expectations....For $47+tax early morning I expect a lot more...What were the other two courses??? Why don't you bring your wife to Marshes on Saturday after 4 for $50 with cart and tell me if you still feel so strongly. In my mind the conditions were not relative to the fees being charged.

Where do you ususally play?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up

[quote=314314;182863]Sunday: Metcalf -- still great value...

I agree. I've played Metcalfe four times since May 7 and it gets better every time. Spoke to one of the greenskeepers the other day. Said that the conditions are the best he has seen in a long time due to the late winter. They were able to fertilize until late in the year. Most of the greens are cut to their usual height, but the newer ones are waiting for a good rain then will be cut down. Had 32 putts there on Friday, with two lip outs, so for the most part they are rolling true. They hope to have the new 16 and 18 open mid June and are just waiting to sod the new tee boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Where do you ususally play?
    I am fortunate enough to try get to play almost everywhere.
    I do have some favorites but value for the dollar is a peeve of mine.
    I was a member @ Outouais@ one time and a designate (renter) @ Camelot.
    Why do you ask?

Thread Information