CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
    Kind of off-topic, but was Eagle Creek actually for sale, or did Clublink come in and start working on a deal that eventually worked out? After all - everything is for sale "for the right price".
    EC was actually up for sale. There was an ad posted somewhere at one point and the asking price was around $13M, which was more than CL was reportedly willing to pay.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pvs1313 View Post
    but hey, if you can play eagle creek for $55, $65 or whatever,m then you are lucky, and yes clublink is buying up the courses, not because they are a bad coporation, but because these course are for sale,

and for rick, next year, if you want to play eagle, go with a meember, theere sure are enough of htem, and you will pay less than last year,

so what is the complaint?

Ummmmmm... i don't know any members. Don't have many rich friends. Even if I did, that doesn't change the fact that most green fee players will be shut out.

Clublinks is a corporation for the priviledged and the average joe like me suffers as a result.

[quote=lms;181229]No offense, the comment was directed at the anti-Clublink post. I am very much pro-Clublink .

Good for you. And I must assume you are fairly well off. So you will enjoy Eagle Creek next year while the rest of us pay higher green fees at other public courses. I'm not bashing you here, but the reality is that the priviledged are the only ones that benefit from Clublinks. if I was loaded, maybe I'd have a different point of view. I'm not looking for sympathy, just stating facts.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Ummmmmm... i don't know any members. Don't have many rich friends. Even if I did, that doesn't change the fact that most green fee players will be shut out.

Clublinks is a corporation for the priviledged and the average joe like me suffers as a result.
    There are many members on this board who would most likely take you out anytime. Not many of us would be what you consider rich.

Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    There are many members on this board who would most likely take you out anytime. Not many of us would be what you consider rich.

Well I may just take you up on that next year!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    [quote=Rick;181329]
    Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    No offense, the comment was directed at the anti-Clublink post. I am very much pro-Clublink .

Good for you. And I must assume you are fairly well off. So you will enjoy Eagle Creek next year while the rest of us pay higher green fees at other public courses. I'm not bashing you here, but the reality is that the priviledged are the only ones that benefit from Clublinks. if I was loaded, maybe I'd have a different point of view. I'm not looking for sympathy, just stating facts.
    Rick,

A lot of the members at Greyhawk are average guys. Firemen, Government employees, teachers, etc. It's just where you want to put your money, that's all. People who decide to play a lot of golf can easily justify their membership fees over the course of a season. They don't take trips anywhere, maybe don't have a cottage, it's all what they enjoy. It doesn't have to take a lot of money.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information