100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road

about the launch monitor at golftown

i was wondering if i can just go there, get on their monitor, tryout a few shafts and the like without buying anything....yet....i'd like to see what the ideal makeup for me is on the driver. is the monitor pretty much representative of the real swing result outdoors?

just to see what is good for my swing.

thanks anyone for your input.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I think you have to book a session (same as a club fitting) and it will cost you. Then again you can always call and ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerdraw View Post
    i was wondering if i can just go there, get on their monitor, tryout a few shafts and the like without buying anything....yet....i'd like to see what the ideal makeup for me is on the driver. is the monitor pretty much representative of the real swing result outdoors?

just to see what is good for my swing.

thanks anyone for your input.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I think it all depends on how busy it is, and how much you spend there. I know that sounds kind of crappy, but some preferred customers who spend all the time, have been allowed to jump on for free.

Come to think of it, when the one in Kanata had just opened(maybe 6 months old), I went there to try out some drivers and they let me hop on for free.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Monitor

If you book a session they will fit you for the proper shaft but as an option check out Artisan Golf or Clubs R Us. Don or Les will do it right without the large chain hoopblah and BS. I think that the personal touch you get from these two gentlemen is worth more than money. They will ask you what you want and make sure that you get. I have dealt with both and they are excellent.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    If you book a session they will fit you for the proper shaft but as an option check out Artisan Golf or Clubs R Us. Don or Les will do it right without the large chain hoopblah and BS. I think that the personal touch you get from these two gentlemen is worth more than money. They will ask you what you want and make sure that you get. I have dealt with both and they are excellent.

Long way from Lévis,Québec though
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    And Chieflongtee too - he built me a wedge right to the requested specifications last year. I was impressed!

In fact, I have to get in contact with him... I had to sacrifice a shaft in order to make a shot to win a hole late in a match last year - the ball was close to a tree and that tree was blocking a follow-through. The guys had a great time in the clubhouse. Made the shot and won the hole though!!

Mike

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    thanks guys, great stuff

6 Iron Rapture Man is on a distinguished road
    I finally gave up last year trying to find out for myself what was the right loft, shaft, flex, lenght for my driver and sprung the required fee at Kevin Haimes. It was the best $92 I spent in the last three years on golf and I have spent a lot. There is no comparison between an indoor simulator and an outdoor range. I've tried both, even paid the fitting charge at Golfworks and it did not give the results I got at Haimes. Now I know that I have the right driver and 5-wood and hybrid. If this does not work for me the next step is lessons not new equipment.

Go get fitted to a professional that has access to an outdoor range where you can really see your ball flight with the various club component variations.

Good luck!
    Keep it vertical!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Rapture Man, did the $92 include fitting for all 3 clubs?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    I'm planning on going to Haime's for the same reason. Did they have a bunch of other drivers with various shafts to test?

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture Man View Post
    I finally gave up last year trying to find out for myself what was the right loft, shaft, flex, lenght for my driver and sprung the required fee at Kevin Haimes. It was the best $92 I spent in the last three years on golf and I have spent a lot. There is no comparison between an indoor simulator and an outdoor range. I've tried both, even paid the fitting charge at Golfworks and it did not give the results I got at Haimes. Now I know that I have the right driver and 5-wood and hybrid. If this does not work for me the next step is lessons not new equipment.

Go get fitted to a professional that has access to an outdoor range where you can really see your ball flight with the various club component variations.

Good luck!
    Getting fitted outside is the way to go !!
    Glad to hear you are happy with new clubs.

I always like to tell the story of when I started playing golf and was taking lessons at Kevin Haimes. Gregg Foley was my instructor. I had definetely a "starter set" of clubs. Greg tried a number of my clubs and hit it "on the screws" everytime.
    That certainly proved a good golfer can use any type of club and get much better results than a mediocre player with expensive clubs........

Lessons will always make you a better golfer.
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

"Richard"
    I think if you go to golftown you would have better results using shaft labs and the vector machine, i think its $40 and they will tell you what loft and what driver you need to use. You can also go to artisan golf as well. Better to get one of them do it for you then trying it yourself in the SIM because those sims arent as accurate as the vector machine and on the SIM unless you know what all the numbers mean its pointless. Leave it to the experts

Thread Information