100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Nhl Scoring Title

So both Crosby and Thornton have 7 & 6 games respectively left in the regular season.
    Crosby currently leads Thornton by 4 points for the Scoring Title.
    Joe has been on a tear lately, racking up multiple points games. Do you think he can catch Crosby and retain his title?

The Pens face these teams to finish the season
    Bruins, Capitals, Bruins. Leafs ( EASY POINTS ) Sabres, Sens (Come on EMERY!) and the Rangers. Four games on the road.

Big Joe & Company face the Kings, Coyotes, Kings, Ducks Flames and Canucks. Only one of those games is a road game, against the Ducks.

I like the fact that Joe has played in every game this year, depsite some injuries. He suffered a broken toe, a broken finger, then strep throat and finally a pulled groin. Never missed a practice either.

CheeChoo was hurt during the early part of the season, so that kept Joe off the score sheet somewhat. He currently has 31 goals, way down from last season.

Most of you know who I am cheering for
    GO JOE GO
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm rooting for the kid. I think it would be great to see him win the scoring title (and MVP honours). I have a feeling he will catch fire over the last few games.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I'm rooting for Joe. I'm not a fan of Crosby's. I was happy Ovechkin won rookie of the year when they both came into the league. I like him more as an all-round player and find him more interesting to watch.

The Pens go have a good team and everything is clicking for them right now though. Smart move bringing in Laracque and Roberts at the trade deadline.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Going for Sid the Kid. Not only does he have all the tools to be the "Real" "Next One", but also has the same character which made Wayne such a great Ambassador of the game. Read the article in the paper when the Pens were leaving Scotiabank from a morning practice and it was -42 C windchill. There were some fans waiting behind security lines to hopefully meet him. Sid motioned for them to come to the team bus, but security would not let them past. So Sid the Kid walked a fair distance from the team bus with a light jacket and nothing on his head to sign autographs and pose for pictures. When asked about why he would go to the trouble considering the weather, he just looked at the reporter and said these people waited alot longer than I did, just to meet me.

Good to hear stories like this.
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    The gap is 7 points now after Crosby and the Pens lit up the Bruins this afternoon. Only 6 games left for each now. Joe better get on his horse if he wants to repeat.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information