CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar

Can the "No more swearing" rule be rescinded?

Dan,

Would it be possible to rescind the "No more swearing on the forums" rule?

I don't think I can properly describe my feelings about today's weather otherwise.

MJF

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Next weekend's weather looks ok though.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Lol!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Yeah this crap should hopefully be gone by tomorrow but definitely by Wednesday, but it is a pain in the butt for sure!!!

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    it makes me a little sick in my mouth to look out my window and see #1 and #10 completely covered in snow...booooo...
    The super just shovelled the front walkway. haha

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I just want to take a second to calm everyone's concerns over the weather........

My wife got up this morning and looked out the window. After seeing the snow she immediatly exclaimed "Oh my God - hell must have frozen over!"

I calmed her down by saying "Now, now Dear - we both know that the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup with Hell freezes over......they didn't even make the Play-offs this year so there is nothing to be concerned about"

But I agree with mjf, this weather certainly is something to swear about

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    The weather forecast for Thursday to Sunday looks awesome. I know the weekend's far away at this point, but the prospects of playing golf in shorts (hopefully) and without a sweater (definitely) in 18 degree weather far outweigh what I see when looking out at the snow on Richmond road from my office window this morning.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    This weather gives me the urge to punch a polar bear square in the kisser. I just can't help but feel that those pesky white devils are to blame for this Flurry-Fury.

I'm also quite aware that I can't out-run a polar bear, so I'll take out my anger on a Penguin!
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I know the forecast looks good for the weekend, but we got alot of rain the last couple of days, and snow to boot. The courses are going to be very wet. As much as I want to play, I might be holding out for next week.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm extra happy right now that I got my round at Bethpage in on Friday.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    This weather gives me the urge to punch a polar bear square in the kisser. I just can't help but feel that those pesky white devils are to blame for this Flurry-Fury.

I'm also quite aware that I can't out-run a polar bear, so I'll take out my anger on a Penguin!
    .......Watch out for those crafty penquins, they lay down and play dead till you kick em. then just when they're about to attack they go to sleep when they wake up it's time for dinner and then a quick nap.....this goes on for up to 7 games and then they hibernate for another year but they will threaten you with expletives on how they're going to bite you next year

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I know the forecast looks good for the weekend, but we got alot of rain the last couple of days, and snow to boot. The courses are going to be very wet. As much as I want to play, I might be holding out for next week.
    Mapleview should be fine. It was still quite dry on Saturday.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    The last 9 posts were "off topic"---how come the mods did not delete them?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I referred to the Weather, and you can be "darn" sure that if I punched a Polar Bear, the realization of what I did would cause me to mutter a few profane words as I hauled "tail" out of there.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Because the bad words "Marshes...Muskokas....PEI.....&.....Alberta" were not in the sentence. Mind you if this weather keeps up we may see the Polar Bears moving south from Churchill into the Muskokas.......
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Mind you if this weather keeps up we may see the Polar Bears moving south from Churchill into the Muskokas.......
    I thought they were going extinct due to the often promised but never delivered global warming.

Because the thread was really a humourous one, and such threads are permitted.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Because the bad words "Marshes...Muskokas....PEI.....&.....Alberta" were not in the sentence. Mind you if this weather keeps up we may see the Polar Bears moving south from Churchill into the Muskokas.......
    Those aren't bad words at all. Just start a new thread about them. It's really easy. Here are the steps:
    1. Go to the appropriate sub-forum. For instance if you want to talk about the Marshes, goto the Ottawa Local sub-forum.
    2. Click on the button that says "New Thread"
    3. Type in a title and the information that you want others to read and hopefully respond to.
    4. You can even make a poll if you like.
    All of this information and more are posted under the Rules and FAQ section of the forum. I have posted a link here http://forum.ottawagolf.com/faq.php
    Colby

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Those aren't bad words at all. Just start a new thread about them. It's really easy. Here are the steps:
    1. Go to the appropriate sub-forum. For instance if you want to talk about the Marshes, goto the Ottawa Local sub-forum.
    2. Click on the button that says "New Thread"
    3. Type in a title and the information that you want others to read and hopefully respond to.
    4. You can even make a poll if you like.
    All of this information and more are posted under the Rules and FAQ section of the forum. I have posted a link here http://forum.ottawagolf.com/faq.php
    That's a little much don't you think??

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    A little much?

Not really. People seem to be of the impression that we are limiting discussion. We are not.

Take PEI's enthusiasm for the Marshes as an example. There is no need to jack multiple threads with repetitive posts about how great it is there. He should start a thread about it, then he can go into great detail.

Colby's sarcasm is a reflection of his frustration that people somehow don't seem to "get it". They'd rather complain that they are being moderated than post in an appropriate forum.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Ok,

Getting back on topic of rescinding swearing on the forum, one of my friend used to work for Future shop. When they wanted to say something less than flattering about something or someone, they used the word "fantastic".

So, in my humble opinion, the weather of the last few days has been "Super fantastic".
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    So much for all that Global Warming Al Gore promised us. Politicians, Jeez.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    A little much?

Not really. People seem to be of the impression that we are limiting discussion. We are not.

Take PEI's enthusiasm for the Marshes as an example. There is no need to jack multiple threads with repetitive posts about how great it is there. He should start a thread about it, then he can go into great detail.

Colby's sarcasm is a reflection of his frustration that people somehow don't seem to "get it". They'd rather complain that they are being moderated than post in an appropriate forum.
    Yes, I do agree we need to keep the threads on track. Problem is various people on this forum will make a statement regarding the cost of a round, at a particular course(ie. Marshes), at a certain time, without even checking the course website where the rates are "blatantly" posted. I correct these people in that particular thread and they seem to take offence....Some say they were incorrect, while others say nothing.
    Colby went into great detail in his post that posting negative comments regarding a course or "misinformation" could cause serious problems for this website and perhaps even You personally. I am very sure The Marshes appreciates me pointing these misinformed people to the correct rates on their website.......
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Yes, I do agree we need to keep the threads on track. Problem is various people on this forum will make a statement regarding the cost of a round, at a particular course(ie. Marshes), at a certain time, without even checking the course website where the rates are "blatantly" posted. I correct these people in that particular thread and they seem to take offence....Some say they were incorrect, while others say nothing.
    Colby went into great detail in his post that posting negative comments regarding a course or "misinformation" could cause serious problems for this website and perhaps even You personally. I am very sure The Marshes appreciates me pointing these misinformed people to the correct rates on their website.......
    The easiest way to post the rates is to post a link to the rates on their website. This accomplishes a couple of things. If the course changes their rates, the link will show up to date information, also it limits the use of possible copyrighted material on this site.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    The easiest way to post the rates is to post a link to the rates on their website. This accomplishes a couple of things. If the course changes their rates, the link will show up to date information, also it limits the use of possible copyrighted material on this site.
    No problem. Yes, I did have the links also in my posts, but will avoid pasting info as the courses can change their info. Good Point.

Thread Information