I got to watch Phil clean up in that tournyment he won by like 30 strokes last year. There was all this talk about him versus Tiger, and everyone in the know went the way of Phil can play some stellar golf, but if they are both on, Tiger's going to win. I'm not so sure...

Watching Phil that day was golf zen on a level I thought left the game with Tom Watson's prime. I've seen guys n a roll on tv before, Ames was brilliant winning the "whatever it was", but I've never known what all the Phil buzz was about until I saw that event. He's a lot like Watson from what I've seen, not the Steely competitor that some of his rivals are, although I gather he's been working on that.

The sourse didn't stand a chance, let alne the rest of the field. I know some people think his sometimes boyish demeenor is a bit phony or something etc..., but I hope he has a good year this year. I look forward to seeing someone play like that again and can appreciate his reckless approach to the game, he sure goes down in flames when he goes lol.

rock on Phil