CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Dutchie

Question any green fairways around Ottawa?

I played at Meadows last weekend and although the course still looks good the fairaways are very dry, grass, if at all present, is yellow, etc. When I played the same course six weeks ago, everything was lush and green. Apparently, the heat and drought have taken it's toll.

Other courses I recently played that with prairy-like fairways are Manderley and Gatineau (very), whereas Mont St Marie and Mt Cascasdes were still in pretty good shape.

I checked out Stonebridge last week and the fairways look perfect.

Are there any other courses at which the fairways are in good condition (I mean green grass, for all the desert lovers among you), as I have some friends over this weekend and I want to show them a nice place.

Dutchie

Lamontagne
    Played Emerald Links and Cloverdale this week. They are still in reasonably good shape.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    I played Nation golf course last wednesday 15th the course is in perfect shape lot's of green fairway and only two greens had been top dressed.
    scrollerpete

Sand Wedge michaeld is on a distinguished road
    Cloverdale was okay, but on Saturday noticed that their reservoirs are at about 50%, and they were pumping water around to compensate. From my experience, the Dome always has water, and lots of it. Very plush.

Dutchie

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go to Le Dome yesterday and it was excellent. Except that we got washed away by the rain storms on the back nine. They go a long way to keep their fairways green... grin

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up green as green

definitely agree with dutchie on Le dome. They've got that course in fantastic shape. Cheers to clublink on the changes to hole #8 and #10 .They really add to the integrity to the course. i was kind of gettin' tired of paying for that guys siding on the house left of the box.

as for emerald Links, someone needs to do some work on the tee boxes. Needs a little spice, especially #12 and #16( too easy). I found conditions poor for the $$$. If you put Emerald up against Dome( same approx $$ weekdays) the big boys show 'em how it's done:

Thread Information