CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron Dustin is on a distinguished road

Ottawa Golf club...?

Thinking about joining the golf club next year with my girlfriend.
    Dan or someone, can you explain the advantages of joining the club besides of course the 50% off green fees, and early booking?

Dustin
    :bablefish

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That is the main part of the program. As it grows we do plan to have RCGA club status for official handicapping, and events such as have been discussed.

Our competitors (Golf a la Carte and Corporate Golf) both have a phone in system which typically opens to weekend bookings on a paticular evening at a paticular time. At that time the phones are flooded and the waits can be 45 minutes to get through and reserve your round. By then the available time have been picked over. You then call the course to book your tee time.

On our system, you select from our menu of available club times, and book on the course tee sheet all in one step with no waiting. There are a few courses in the club this year where you need to call the course instead of booking on the sheet, but there is no phone wait to reserve your OGC spot.

At this point there are ample tee times avaialble each day and you can still join for the last half of this year for just $95

2 Iron JimmyW is on a distinguished road JimmyW's Avatar

Worth it

JimmyW's 2 cents worth here.

From a guy who shelled out in May,... quick, convenient, advanced tee bookings (I get in @ CL sooner than most-all the members) and trust me you'll play a LOT more than you think.

Worth the coin

JW

Lamontagne
    I've met members of Corporate Golf and Golf-a-la-Carte on different courses this Summer, and having to first call the office then call the course was considered VERY inconvenient. I think OttawaGolf has the right format.
    The only thing I would suggest as an improvement on the Web site would be to have a history of games played, and a handicap calculator. I understand that YAHOO! offers a handicap calculator, but I'm still looking for it.
    I will definitely be renewing my membership, plus bringing in two more people.
    Cheers.

Thread Information