CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar

Who do you enjoy playing golf with?

Is there anybody that you just love to play golf with, they don't have to be good or bad just fun. I have a few people that I really enjoy their company and some of them are really good golfers, enough to make me play my "A" game to beat them. There's Mike Lacey with his beautiful fluid swing, Andy and his brother John Gondol, a real dog fight to try to win but we have fun cause we tease each other unmercilessly. I also enjoy playing with Paul and his brother George Douglas (Michael Keatons real life brothers) They will seldom beat me but it's like playing with two Groucho Marx's, man are they funny and injoyable to play with. Sometimes we laugh so hard you can't see your ball cause of the tears in your eyes. Well enought about me lets hear some of your favorite golfing partners.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I play golf with a group of guys. There is 9 of us and we rotate the lineup so we are with different guys usually.
    I do enjoy playing with two of them, we normally play together as we play different tees than the others. Works good for us, we have lots of laughs. Both of them were with me the day I had my heart attack on the course, so that makes even more special golfing with them now.
    Of course I am retiring, so I will now golf with different guys during the week. Especially when I play my allotted two rounds a week the the private course I am going to work at part time starting in May. So I will meet some new people and play golf with them. I am looking forward to that.
    I will play with just about anyone too, even women who are new to the game.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    We have a group of around 12-16 guys that come out for the skins games.. That being said I play 90% of my golf with the same guys.. My buddy Sam Laurin I play almost all my rounds with.. Hes great to play with. Though we are not at the same ability (though he can bring it some days ) I enjoy playing with him. Hes the kind of guy that tells you "good shot" after you hit..

I have to have fun when I play.. I will be the first to tell you great shot when you hit one or go for the high 5 when you make a birdie.. and I appreciate the same.. I have played with guys before that don't do these small things and it bothers me... Don't get me wrong I am competative as anyone out there, but I like to see others play well and I love some pressure put back on me...
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I enjoy playing with anyone really. I don't mind joining up with people and meeting new people that you might be able to get a regular game with, or who've played the course more than you, and can offer some tips.

That being said, I think I have my best rounds and have the best time when I'm playing with someone closer to my ability than someone with a 25 handicap. I think the flow of my game gets screwed up if I'm waiting for the other guy to hit three before it's my turn again. I also enjoy seeing greats shots hit by other people in the foursome or twosome. It offers up a little competition which I also like.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Same with me, I'm a golf course whore... LOL! I'll golf with anyone. Heck, I even enjoy it when I'm by myself first thing in the morning.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I like playing with people who enjoy the game and are out for a good time... I do not enjoy competition, I took up the game to relax.... the very nature of competition means putting pressure and stress on yourself and I have enough of that at work........

I play my best golf when playing with the high handicapers..... I am relaxed and don't feel any pressure to prove my manhood or abilities

AND of course, I love playing with Bugsy (Phew, almost forgot that one)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Anyone in general and especially the members from OG. Always a great time.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Anyone in general and especially the members from OG. Always a great time.
    Always had a good time, I'm hoping to head out to MC this spring if you're still up for a round.

bassman
    I too enjoy the fun relaxed part of the game..being a high hcp, 20+ , if it is too serious then it is too stressfull, if i wanted that i would have stayed in competitive hockey and got knocked around a bit more.or stayed at the office..
    I too have taken up the game late (3 years ago at 41 )..but what I enjoy the most is playing with the kids and their friends( my boys are 14 & 17 now) and they love to show the OLD MAN how golf is suppose to be played...
    I can play with anyone who is out for a fun time, maybe a little money on the par 3's but all in good clean fun...
    What i don't like is being pressured from behind by the so-called pro's, when in fact we are all waiting from a busy day on the course.

thx
    sid

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I enjoy playing with almost anyone. I really enjoy getting shown up by "older" guys you know who you are.......LOL
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    With the very low handicap or scratch players.

Having taken the game up late in life, still learning and trying to absorb as much as possible. Especially enjoy my rounds with guys who have played on the Canadian tour. They help me so much with my course management and mental part of the game.
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I enjoy getting out with guys who are there to enjoy the game, the company and the course.....I'm not into playing with folks who take it overly seriously to the point where a bad shot or two starts them ranting..........tis a game after-all. If I wanted stress and drama I'd stay at the office

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I like playing with almost everyone. Touring the course with my wife, sister, brother and friends is always enjoyable. Competing with the OG and the NCGT fanatics picks up my spirit every time. But [I don't want to hear from any guardian of the English language that one cannot begin a sentence with "but." I just did.] what really gets the juices going for me is a little competition with good natured golfers who like to have fun, while doing their best to take my money. It is especially gratifying is seeing younger competitors bomb it past me, and still giving them a go for their money. There is nothing sweeter.

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar
    For me I'll play with anyone also, I like golf and a little competition but like someone said "it's only a game" so enjoy. I picked up golf late in my life (at 36) and enjoy playing with my dad who's a much better player than me. I also play most of my golf with Lefty Pep here in St-Jean. I am not in the same league (he always saays that we could build a wallmart between his ball and mine LOL) but I enjoy playing with better players as it forces me to apply myself.
    Thanks
    Claude

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Too many to mention.

I like early morning rounds, so guys that play quick but enjoy the competition, the company and the laughs along the way are my ideal playing partners.

Weekday partners like Dan and Mike, weekend cleaners gang at the Meadows with Pops and all our NCGT events fill my boots all season long. Our groups are getting bigger with more buddies joiing us but the laughs are also getting bigger so we all win.

Gotta luv this game
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    playing with you was a pleasrue im, hope to head out with you gain sometime.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wknd_Warrior View Post
    playing with you was a pleasrue im, hope to head out with you gain sometime.
    ....It was my pleasure W.W.,maybe next time we'll have a little better weather and my knee will be healed up. I think it would be fun to check if that little japanese guy could join us again.....What was his name again???? oh ya, Sakuraba....

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Good topic.

1. Anyone who respects the game and is considerate to the people he is playing with, regardless of handicap.

2. Old friends.

3. I enjoy competition, being in the hunt, feeling the pressure and winning. But most importantly, I enjoy playing with good players who are trying to beat your brains out, but at the same time are friendly and respect your game.

4. Miss playing with my mom and dad who got me into the game 46 years ago and were my biggest supporters.

6 Iron Moose Head is on a distinguished road Moose Head's Avatar
    Love playing with my buddy Joe. Everytime we play, we get a cart, bring some beer (a lot of beer) play for money and have a great time. The right mix of competition, fun, pressure and relaxation.

I also like palying with the Slammer Tour guys.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I love playing with my dad. He's the one that got me into the game about 30 years ago and I know somewhere down the road, those will be some of my best memories of him.

There's a group of us that go to Myrtle every year and despite the varying golfing abilities, it is more about the comraderie than the golf sometimes.

I'm lucky to have great inlaws and seeing as my wife has 2 sisters and 1 brother, the four men make a perfect foursome. We have a lot of fun when we play and then hook up with the wives and kids when were all done.

I also love playing with anyone who loves playing golf as much as I do, but don't take it too serious to the point that they aren't fun to play with. I also love a little competition to make it interesting though I don't necessarily need that everytime.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Love playign w/ anyone who doesn't take the game or themselves too seriously.

That being said love playing w/ my gf's dad. We play all the time together. Same skill level so it's just more fun. Instead of counting score we count pars. Games normally end 4 to 5 or somewhere around there lol.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Anyone at all , Competition can be fun at times , but i just play it for fun . I can honestly say that everyone from OG that i played with, i'll play again, anytime. Everyone seemed to be in the same state of mind as myself... just happy to be on the course!
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    My grandfather or my dad. they are both +/-36 handicapers. but its all in good fun, i dont mind having a 5 hour round with them, yes my game goes to hell after that long but when i play with them I just dont care about my game. have a beer and a cigar and just relax and have a good time

and i dont mind playing with randoms or by myself either.... my only peeve is when i play with someone that makes themselves out to be an amaizing golfer! when in reality they suck. ive met a few guys who tell me they're under 5 caps and a beat them by like 10 strokes, and I'm not a great golfer by anymeans. remind me too much of my selling equip days...

I think everybody that can, should play as often as possible with parents and grand parents, they won't be around as long as you would like them to be and it's tough after they're gone with the should'ves and could'ves haunting you. Remember you have to make time....there's always something else to do, the 64,000. question is "is it more important than sharing time with loved ones? ". Well just my thoughts

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    I think everybody that can, should play as often as possible with parents and grand parents, they won't be around as long as you would like them to be and it's tough after they're gone with the should'ves and could'ves haunting you.
    my thoughts exactly! to me my grandfather is my fav golfin buddy... we always have a good time

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    I will golf with anyone but I realy enjoy meeting my father up in and around the Frew for a friendly father/son competition. I still remember my Dad's first and only ace like it was yesterday. Good times for sure!
    "Get your smile on!"

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    I would have to say I love playing with my husband and that is when I find I"m able to try the risky, crazy shots (cus trust me he has seen me try some really foolish shots), or really get competitive on a shot just to see if I can beat him!

I also love getting out and playing with all the guys from my work, having a few drinks and relaxing with them away from the plant is great!!

I enjoy playing with anyone that likes to have fun and be out there to enjoy themselves. I have only played with a couple of people from this forum but have to say they are great people and enjoyed it immensely and would love to met and play with many more this year! Hopefully beeing an RM member this year I plan on getting out to more of the courses and will meet alot more of you!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    My grandfather or my dad. they are both +/-36 handicapers. but its all in good fun, i dont mind having a 5 hour round with them, yes my game goes to hell after that long but when i play with them I just dont care about my game. have a beer and a cigar and just relax and have a good time

and i dont mind playing with randoms or by myself either.... my only peeve is when i play with someone that makes themselves out to be an amaizing golfer! when in reality they suck. ive met a few guys who tell me they're under 5 caps and a beat them by like 10 strokes, and I'm not a great golfer by anymeans. remind me too much of my selling equip days...
    that reminds me, what ever happened to those xxxx-stiff forged blades you were gonna hook me up with at GT?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

1 Iron B Nation is on a distinguished road
    I enjoy taking clients out to golf... gets me out of the office.

Quote Originally Posted by B Nation View Post
    I enjoy taking clients out to golf... gets me out of the office.
    .......Do you lose to them on purpose??

Thread Information