100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    3 Wood Rough Stuff is on a distinguished road
    You would have to carry 15 liters of water on some of these summer days. The information below is taken from a basic health site (I've read similar material, its not exagerated):

The most serious effect of dehydration during exercise is the inability to adequately sweat and cool off. This is more serious than it sounds since the body's chief method of heat loss in a hot-dry temperature can be life threatening. In fact, 80% of heat loss happens through perspiration.

It's surprising how quickly dehydration affects your performance. With vigorous exercise in hot or humid conditions, you can lose 2-3 liters of water per hour. This means a dehydrated state in less than one half hour, serious effects in an hour, and a possible threat to your life and safety in two hours.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

geez...

I hate it when people start blaming everyone else for things like this.

The wording says vigorous excercise. Well I'm not sure golf is vigorous but anyways...

There is a beer cart (with things other than beer). You can bring your own, maybe not 15l but hey you can bring some to get you through the first 9 anyways. You can stop at the halfway house after 9. You can take a cart or just stay home if it's too hot.

The point is, if golf courses don't want to provide water for concern over being sued then that is there business. There all alternatives. Take it upon yourself to find a solution rather than blaming the golf courses or someone else.

geez back

I don't know where you see blame. I (and I think Rando too) was simply pointing out that you can't possibly carry enough water to hydrate yourself on a hot AND humid day. It's a physical impossibility.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

We've had a good run

We've been spoiled for far too long. How many other facilities offer free water when you use them. Everyone charges. Go to a hockey game and try and get free water, or a baseball game. If you are playing soccer, you bring your own refreshments. When I play softball in a tournament, the conveynors don't supply free water. When it is available it cost $$$.

Your willing to pay up to $6-7 per ball, anti-up the $1.50-2.00 for a bottle of water if you can't bring one from home.

Jack Benny would be so proud
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hybrid Chris is on a distinguished road Chris's Avatar

Courses that still have water

I have played the following courses that still supply water

Nation
    Arnprior
    Mountain Creek
    Chateau Cartier
    Last edited by Chris; 09-07-2003 at 06:45 PM.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    CLOVERDALE also........

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Also Stonebridge.

In my opinion... bring 2 litres from home, buy some more on course from the cart or the halfway house - what's $3-4 more on top of $40 for green fees, $5 for lost balls, etc

alice
    Played yesterday at Greensmere. Had a great game but didn't see any drinking water on the course other than that sold by the bevereage cart.

Who would have guessed ten years ago that we READILY pay $2 for a partial liter of water...

Quick, someone bottle fresh air.

Thread Information