CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Barnie

Sens and OT Shootouts

Does anyone know Ottawa's all time shootout record as well as their shootout record for this season? You'd think with the snipers on this team they'd do well but I have a feeling our record is brutal... especially this season.

I tried searching the net but couldn't find any stats. Anyone have any info on this?

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    they are 2W 4L this year

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Ottawa have been to overtime 12 times this year, winning 2 times in OT (MTL, TOR), losing 3 times in OT (WAS, TOR, ATL), the record for shoot out is 2-5 (Wins vs EDM, MTL; losses vs PIT x2, BUF, TOR, CHI).

I am working on last seasons stats but the S/O's were even worse last year, after winning the first 2 S/Os vs Leafs I don't think they won another all year.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    They have to be the worst shootout team in the league.. I don't even remeber when they won a shootout last..

Stupid Shootouts lol.. At least we get the 1 point.

I heard talk of them changing it to whoever wins the shootout gets 2 points and the other team none.. I hope not for Ottawa's sake.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Okay here is the record from the 2005/05 season:

Ottawa went to OT 13 times, winning 2 times (MTL, BOS), losing 3 times (FLA, BUF, CGY). The shoot out record was 2-6 (wins vs TORx2; losses vs VAN, ANA, MTL, BUF, BOS, NJD)

Almost identical to this season. Ottawa don't go to the extra frame very often, when there they are pretty average winning less than half in OT, but in the S/O they are awful 4-11 all time. Good thing there is no S/O in the playoffs but they still need to learn how to win in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    They have to be the worst shootout team in the league.. I don't even remeber when they won a shootout last..
    Was against EDM, Comrie got the winner!

Stupid Shootouts lol.. At least we get the 1 point.
    Yeah, phew, it was the least they deserved, not sure what game the refs were watching last night but some of the calls and no-calls were unbelievable...

I heard talk of them changing it to whoever wins the shootout gets 2 points and the other team none.. I hope not for Ottawa's sake.
    Meh, Sens would only be 5 points worse off and it might even inspire those lazy buggers to win it in OT.

Seriously though, it baffles me why we lose, I know Emery's weak point is breakaways but with the offensive talent Ottawa have the should score more. Spezza just coasts in and shoots, if you are going to shoot you need to get some speed coming in, and if you have the hands that Spezza has you have no business in shooting, shootouts are won on dekes (I have watched many this season and time and time again a deke will win it).

Barnie
    It is as bad as I thought isn't it. You'd think we would do much better than our record considering some of the talent on this team. I actually don't blame it much on our goaltending either (although I think perhaps Emery is overrated by the team and press and Gerber is the better of the two but that's for another thread ). For the most part were not losing these shootouts from high scoring against us but mainly from the lack of production in us scoring goals.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    We do have a bad record in shootouts, but I'm really not too concerned about shootouts. We don't have to worry about them in the playoffs. I'm more concerned about the inability to finish a game off in regulation.

Here is a cool site I just found with shoot out stats. Ottawa are not the worst team!

http://jeays.net/shootout/index.htm

If you click on the team you get player stats, McA has the best record for us with 2 from 5, Vermette 2 from 7.

Emery has a shocking 0.583 sv % (7 from 12).

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnie View Post
    You'd think with the snipers on this team they'd do well but I have a feeling our record is brutal... especially this season.
    Well, the so called snipers have to be the ones doing the shooting and Alfie has had one chance and Spezza 2 this year.... they can't score if they aren't in the shootout!

Get rid of the damned shootout and play the game for 2 points and get it done with. I completely disagree with giving the loser a point..... it is rediculous!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I don't know why they did away with ties. Ties show that the teams couldn't be separated during 65 minutes of play, i.e. they both deserve a point (depending on what happened one team may deserve it more than the other). To contrive to get a winner out of this is just plain silly.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    I don't know why they did away with ties. Ties show that the teams couldn't be separated during 65 minutes of play, i.e. they both deserve a point (depending on what happened one team may deserve it more than the other). To contrive to get a winner out of this is just plain silly.
    You got my vote to replace Betman!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Do you want to pay $100 to see a tie? You want to see teams work harder? Take away any possibility of an extra point at all. You win, 2 points. You lose, nada. Or, if you make it to OT and the game ends there, the winners get 2, the losers get 1. If you get to the SO, they fight for each other's point, so the winner gets their own point and takes the loser's point too.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information