+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Cleaning leather grip

Is there a specific method to clean dirt build-up on a Scotty leather grip without losing the tackiness?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Agent99
    I don’t know but according to The Old Farmer’s Almanac petroleum jelly (or Vaseline, Paraffin jelly) removes white water stains from leather. You cover the area with a generous amount, leave it on for 24 hours and then wipe it off with a dry cloth. I haven’t tried it myself but I can see how it might safely work on more stubborn stains like dirt build-up without altering the leather since pure petroleum jelly is a water-repelling hydrocarbon and is not absorbed into skin or leather.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Thanks.. Not sure I would feel right about putting Vaseline on my grip (don't even go there Indio, Hacker and whom ever else).
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    LMAO!

just get some leather cleaner from Danier. or soap and water without a cloth, just use your hands

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    This is from the Gripmaster website, they make the stitchbacks for Scotty putters and I think the leather wraps as well.

http://www.thegripmasterusa.com/aftercare
    Aftercare
    Congratulations on the purchase of your Grip Master Genuine Leather Hand Wrapped Golf Grips. If properly cared for they will outlast, and out perform, synthetic golf grips!

Genuine leather is a natural material and like all premium quality real leather products the performance and life span of these products can be enhanced and extended with the proper after care treatments.

IMPORTANT:
    Please do not use any detergents, or any other chemicals, to clean your grips. Do not use any waxes or silicon-based leather treatments as they will seriously restrict the ability of the leather to breath and to activate the PROTACKTM. Simply wipe them down with a wet or moist towel in plain water (hot or cold).

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Good Job D

Thread Information