CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Entendre is on a distinguished road

Golfing in, around Brockville

Can anyone make a recommendation on a decent golf course in the Brockville area. Don't mind paying a few dollars. I know of Brockville CC and Prescott CC. Any opinions on either of these courses.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    The Brockville Country Club is a beautiful golf course, generally in excellent condition, with a number of elevation changes. It's a bit expensive ($48 last time I played), and a bit hard to get a tee off time as it is quite busy. I also do not recommend walking this course as there are a lot of hills and considerable distances from green to teebox. The members are also a bit stuffy.
    The Brockville Highland is a very nice short course (5800) yards. It was in excellent shape last year but I have not been there this year. Narrow tree lined fairways abound and decent elevation changes. It's cheap ($28 last time I played) and easy to walk. You need a tee-off time on the weekends but otherwise it's a walk-on course anytime you want. Even on the weekends you can usually show up and they'll get you on. The members at the Highland are very friendly. They'll even let you into the skins game that goes on at the course every weekend morning at 6:15 a.m.
    The Prescott Golf Course is a terrific course and is always in great shape. It's about midway in price between the BCC and the Highland ($38 I believe). It's also very busy so book early if you want to play there.
    I might be off on the pricing of the grren fees by a couple of bucks but overall they should be pretty close to the prices I've quoted.

Sand Wedge pingzzing is on a distinguished road
    Prescott is a great place to golf at. It's a decent layout, usually in good shape and has some interesting and challenging holes. However, they do have some 700-800 members so prime tee times are very difficult to obtain.

Putter Sarge is on a distinguished road
    I was a member there when I was going to university. Its a great course and always have excellent greens. Over the years they have started to open the wallet and fix certain things up, i.e adding more drainage, installing distances on sprinker heads, new sprinkers, and the latest thing a better range. The members there are not the most friendly people and the world and they really hate holding tournaments and having green fee players. The course is charging $55 this year which is getting pretty pricey but they recently did a big membership drive this year to recruit younger people. In year's past you could go out at 3pm on the weekend and have the whole course to yourself. I usually hold a tournament there once a year and have lots of good comments on the course condition and the layout.

Highland isn't a bad course gets pretty dry over the hot summer months and has some silly holes but good value for your money.

Prescott is also in great shape usually and not that tough of a track.

They have a executive style course in Brockville as well called Sunnidale. Not a bad place to take a beginner for a game of golf.

Enjoy the area.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Originally posted by Proforged
    The members are also a bit stuffy.
    Hahahaha. Been there, seen that!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    LOL Colby, I was wondering if anyone was going to ever notice that comment...

Thread Information