CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar

Are you adicted?

Managing Editor of Forbes cries after The Today Show takes away his Blackberry for a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmEEr...related&search=

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    just got one and gotta say I love it. Not quite addicted to it yet, but that will come I am sure.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    just got one and gotta say I love it. Not quite addicted to it yet, but that will come I am sure.
    you will be!! i see both my uncles and they dont go anywhere without them... sucks on the golf course

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    you will be!! i see both my uncles and they dont go anywhere without them... sucks on the golf course
    Yes, I am very addicted to the "Crackberrys"...... !!!
    Have been using a Blackberry for about 4 years now.
    Have to learn to turn it off on the golf course. Its not nice when it vibrates in my backswing or even worse my playing partners backswing..........

At least I have not started accessing the Ottawa Golf Forum on it.........yet....!!

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    At least I have not started accessing the Ottawa Golf Forum on it.........yet....!!
    u cant... the site isnt formated for mobile viewing... doesnt work on blackberry's or my Nokia E61

yes, I've already found myself checking my email as I drive down the Queensway. Not good. and you will be glad to know I got the "Pearl"

yes, I've already found myself checking my email as I drive down the Queensway. Not good. and you will be glad to know I got the "Pearl"
    not a fan of the pearl i hate 2 letters per key. i need a qwerty keyboard.. the new blackberry 8800 series the "daytona" with wi-fi looks hot... i may have to merge over to that

u cant... the site isnt formated for mobile viewing... doesnt work on blackberry's or my Nokia E61
    THANK GOODNESS for that.......!!

ya, I saw that one and it will be out in a few weeks with Rogers. Looks sweet - like the Pearl on 'roids! I like the size of the Pearl and I hate carrying around a brick. It works for me but could frustrate some people....

we need to get the boss to fix that problem... Dan we want the site on our pda's and such... hook us up

ya, I saw that one and it will be out in a few weeks with Rogers. Looks sweet - like the Pearl on 'roids! I like the size of the Pearl and I hate carrying around a brick. It works for me but could frustrate some people....
    this is what i carry now... i love the keyboard... i would go nuts with a pearl.. and go blind trying to read emails on that small screen

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Dan we want the site on our pda's and such... hook us up
    It aint that easy to cram all this onto a tiny screen. Lots of modules to consider, and not all of them are under my control.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

ya, a bit big for me. as for the 8800 it might be the perfect compromise.

mmmmm.....blackberry 8800

http://www.blackberry8800.com/

we need to get the boss to fix that problem... Dan we want the site on our pda's and such... hook us up
    ya, like i need to spend more time on this site.

lol, sure you need to spend more time here... and yeah the 8800 is a pearl on steriods... + Wi-Fi

not a fan of the pearl i hate 2 letters per key. i need a qwerty keyboard.. the new blackberry 8800 series the "daytona" with wi-fi looks hot... i may have to merge over to that
    Have the 8700 with full QWERTY keyboard . Very good, except the speaker phone has never seemed to work properly. Always seems to be a delay of a second or two when someone at the other end is listening to me. I have just stopped using this feature altogether.
    Also, found that occassionally the phone reception is poor or I can not connect.
    Never had this phone connection problem with my old Blackberry 6300.

The new 8800 looks amazing,though I will wait until they have a full QWERTY keyboard................
    http://www.blackberry8800.com/function/features/

Got to love the GPS feature. Now we just have to figure out how to get the various golf courses on the mapping and we will be all set.....

Try intelligolf. http://www.intelligolf.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Looks great!! Are there any courses in the Ottawa area on their list?
    What about other courses in Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes???

Check the list. I personally surveyed the 27 holes at Manderley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Check the list. I personally surveyed the 27 holes at Manderley.
    Yes, I signed in and they do have most of the courses mapped. Noticed that very few courses especially in Canada have GPS though.
    Have you used the following?
    "Plus, if your favorite golf course's GPS coordinates aren't uploaded yet, you can use the GPS Survey screen (and a GPS receiver) to quickly enter your course. Simply tap on the Record button as you reach the 200, 150, and 100 yard/meter markers, any of three custom points (e.g. creek, sand trap, lake, etc) per hole, and the front, center, and back of the green. IntelliGolf will record these GPS coordinates for you and automatically convert them into distance readings. It's that easy. "

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    How true that is, I am addicted, feel anxious if I am without it (the phone);-) .... have a motorola Q and can't go anywhere without it!! full keyboard, sleek and sexy unlike it's ugly blackberry cousin!
    All my email at my fingertips, my kids all have cells so we sms, text message all the time. Love to use on course, just to tease my friends when I am golfing and they are working!! but it is in my bag on quiet!!! I have to be conciderate to other golfers!!

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Thats one of the reasons I do not want a blackberry it is a lot easier not start using then it is to give it up......do they have crackberry rehab yet?
    I would be in BIG trouble without my cell except on the golf course where I leave it alone.
    I played golf with a women who was on her cell and crackberry at the same time before we even teed off. It never rang and she didn't talk during anyones swing so not really a problem, but I couldn't play like that.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I have me berry with me anywhere I go, would be lost without it.... mind you I have to carry it for work but I would feel naked without it and besodes, I get to see emails from Donny and Hacker when I'm not online

Quote Originally Posted by golfchick07 View Post
    How true that is, I am addicted, feel anxious if I am without it (the phone);-) .... have a motorola Q and can't go anywhere without it!! full keyboard, sleek and sexy unlike it's ugly blackberry cousin!
    All my email at my fingertips, my kids all have cells so we sms, text message all the time. Love to use on course, just to tease my friends when I am golfing and they are working!! but it is in my bag on quiet!!! I have to be conciderate to other golfers!!
    Yes, this year my number one "resolution" is when I leave the practice range for the first tee the "Crackberry" goes on quiet!!!!!
    That darn thing controls the rest of my life, I am NOT going to let it control my #1 Passion (Golf)...........!!!

Have you used the following?
    "Plus, if your favorite golf course's GPS coordinates aren't uploaded yet, you can use the GPS Survey screen (and a GPS receiver) to quickly enter your course
    Yes, that's how I surveyed Manderley. It worked perfectly. I tried to do the Meadows by inputting GPS points from Google Earth, but they were off by 10 - 25 yards. It was useless.

I use a rangefinder when at a course that is not surveyed.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I don't know how many times I've had a blackberry in my hand only to put it back down again........I just can't justify the monthly cost

I used to have one at work but then they dediced that Only God and the diciples were "important" enough to have the fancy toys

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Lucky you when you get your company to pay for the service.... I have won two PDAs (Palm and Pocket PC) which I lost both times...but I did not miss them at all...

Look into buying one but after looking at the ridiculous fees they charge... I'll pass....I prefer to golf that money....

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I used to have one at work but then they dediced that Only God and the diciples were "important" enough to have the fancy toys
    Or lackies like me who are on call 7 X 24

Thread Information