CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Arizona Golf Trip

So I'll be heading to Arizona for 7 days of golf on April 20th with a buddy of mine. We'll be playing the TPC Stadium Course, both We-Ko-Pa courses, Grayhawk Raptor, Grayhawk Talon, Troon North Monument, and Troon North Pinnacle.

I was wondering if anyone else has been to any of these courses or down for a golf vacation? How busy should I expect the courses to be at that time of year? What are the odds my buddy and I can play on our own? We're golfing first thing in the morning for most of the rounds with the exception of the first day which is in the afternoon.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

DAMN!! Wrong forum!! Sorry guys....I didn't notice the 'Travel' forum.

So nobody's been to Arizona?

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I've played most of those courses and you should really like them, If you play from the back tees the raptor course is a little longer than the talon, par threes are a lot longer. We ko Pa is a lovely course, pretty flat with a winding canal that seems to be everywhere, so check your scorecard to see where it is on each hole. I would personally drop the We Ko Pa course and go play Ocotillo instead, It's a real treat. It's not super long but water comes into play on like 14 of 18 holes, your a good player and should shoot in the low seventies there if you avoid the numerous lakes.This time of the year is peak season so your going to pay thru the nose but it probably will be worth it and you'll try to get back there every year. I usually go in May or Oct. when the prices are right and It's a little warm, you can play some really nice courses with a cart for about 30 dollars at those times of the year and hey I'm not rich

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    I've played most of those courses and you should really like them, If you play from the back tees the raptor course is a little longer than the talon, par threes are a lot longer. We ko Pa is a lovely course, pretty flat with a winding canal that seems to be everywhere, so check your scorecard to see where it is on each hole. I would personally drop the We Ko Pa course and go play Ocotillo instead, It's a real treat. It's not super long but water comes into play on like 14 of 18 holes, your a good player and should shoot in the low seventies there if you avoid the numerous lakes.This time of the year is peak season so your going to pay thru the nose but it probably will be worth it and you'll try to get back there every year. I usually go in May or Oct. when the prices are right and It's a little warm, you can play some really nice courses with a cart for about 30 dollars at those times of the year and hey I'm not rich

I booked it through Golf Zoo so all of the tee times and reservations are taken care of. According to the agent who was helping me, she mentioned after April 15th it's "off-season", whatever that's supposed to mean. I wonder if that means it's less busy than a weekend log jam, or less people are booking vacations at that time.

I'm hoping for good paced rounds. There's nothing more horrible than waiting ten minutes between shots. It totally messes up the rythm.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    I booked it through Golf Zoo so all of the tee times and reservations are taken care of. According to the agent who was helping me, she mentioned after April 15th it's "off-season", whatever that's supposed to mean. I wonder if that means it's less busy than a weekend log jam, or less people are booking vacations at that time.

I'm hoping for good paced rounds. There's nothing more horrible than waiting ten minutes between shots. It totally messes up the rythm.
    ......I hate to say it but you'll probably have every hacker from Minnesota down there playing golf with you so I'd expect 5 and a half hour rounds. That's why I never go down there during the winter, can you say snowbirds. But don't worry you'll have a good time! If you think about it load your bag full of ice cold water or whatever cause they don't put water out on the courses anymore and It cost a fortune from the hot looking cart girls

Thread Information