100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar

Been To Chuck's??

Anyone been to Somerset St. today? How's the selection? Clubs? Shoes? Balls?Crowded?
    I'd be driving a good ways I'd like to have some kind of idea if its worth it

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    the line up was huge at 9am. I bailed when i saw that as it would have taken me an hour to get in and an hour in the lineup to buy something. was in thurs and there wasn't much I was interested in - though I'd be curious what they brought up from the basement.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    I went down just before 9 and the line up almost reached Bronson. I'm fairly set for clubs. So it wasn't worth my time to stock up on balls, gloves and stuff that will probably never get used. Hopefully some of you guys got some good deals though.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Sun Mountain Umbrella - $15
    Noodle Balls - $10 doz (I bought several, HautePlaine is pretty tough on balls)
    Sun Mountain 3.5 bag - $85
    Ball Rack
    A few misc small items which at 1/2 price or less were too hard to not pick up (1/2 price on an item marked down from $9 to $2 meant I payed $1, for something I will actually use).

It took over 3 hrs to get in and out - likley less than 1/2 hour getting stuff, for me it was worth it, but by now the selection will be getting very limited.

A few good deals (I saw a new Xtour wedge for $70), but very very limited selection. i.e. there was one, and someone I know bought it.

Very few iron sets
    No "premium" golf balls
    Limited shoe selection
    Grips - 1/2 price was more than I pay at Golfworks

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Thanks for the update. Will save me a trip in there.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar

Thanks Ims

I guess that answers my question

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    Sun Mountain Umbrella - $15
    Noodle Balls - $10 doz (I bought several, HautePlaine is pretty tough on balls)
    Sun Mountain 3.5 bag - $85
    Ball Rack
    A few misc small items which at 1/2 price or less were too hard to not pick up (1/2 price on an item marked down from $9 to $2 meant I payed $1, for something I will actually use).

It took over 3 hrs to get in and out - likley less than 1/2 hour getting stuff, for me it was worth it, but by now the selection will be getting very limited.

A few good deals (I saw a new Xtour wedge for $70), but very very limited selection. i.e. there was one, and someone I know bought it.

Very few iron sets
    No "premium" golf balls
    Limited shoe selection
    Grips - 1/2 price was more than I pay at Golfworks
    Did you check out raw/shafts and clubmaking equipment upstairs? I spoke to someone thursday and was told that someone had come in and offered a bunch of cash to buy it all. Was also told that shafts were half the price but no list and no idea what the starting price was. In other words if a TT shaft sells for 1/2 of $22 then it's not worth it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Drove by today at 1:15pm and still a line up outside the store. Everyone loves a deal!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I just came from there. About 15-20 minute line up to get in the door. The line for the register literally starts at the register, or just short of it in the clothing area, goes down to the back along the south wall, and then all the way back to the front of the store along the North/Somerset wall. Still plenty of good deals, but I bet the register line-up is +2hrs. Maybe 3.

4 Iron snaphooker is on a distinguished road
    I was very pleased with what they had, much much better than the Feb sale. Great deal on top of the line drivers - I got a callaway x460 for 180, they had ping G5, Raptures, cobra speed series, Taylor made r7425 (175)... for half price - they had some F-3's but they were gone by the time I got there.
    Great deals on top of the line irons Titleist, Callaways Mizuno's - still lots left at noon.
    Good deal on balls
    Callaways - gone by the time I got in, but I saw lots in peoples arms, Ben Hogans tour deep and Hawk, Maxfli Black Max. Great deal on top of the line fairway woods and hybrids (taylormade r7 callaway x). I don't know what is left know, but worth my time in line. I got there at 8:45 and it took about 1 hour to get in and longer to check out.
    Very good deals on bags, I almost bought a Ping for $100
    As a long time supporter of Chucks, they sure went out with a bang.

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar
    Hi
    Driving down on Monday, how are the used club selections.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Did you check out raw/shafts and clubmaking equipment upstairs? I spoke to someone thursday and was told that someone had come in and offered a bunch of cash to buy it all. Was also told that shafts were half the price but no list and no idea what the starting price was. In other words if a TT shaft sells for 1/2 of $22 then it's not worth it.
    I did not see anything worth buying upstairs. They had some grips, but their price is so high that even 50% off was no better than Golfworks. I saw some shafts, but none of the big brand names, and there did not appear to be any actual deals available. As someone who has never been in the store before today, I can't say if that is normal, or if someone has already bought a lot of there stuff.

I asked about a couple of items a clubmaker might want and was told everything will be sold by Mar31, but that I could not buy it today.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Any of you guys catch any of the prices on iron sets? In particular Callaway, TM or PING?
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Does the sale go tomorrow too? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it today but I'm interested in their iron selection (Mizuno specifically). Also, see what I could grab for a 20deg hybrid or new 15deg 3wood.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    yup...on tomorrow too. 11-5 i think.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Any of you guys catch any of the prices on iron sets? In particular Callaway, TM or PING?
    There wasn't much left on the wall when I was there, and too many people to get much of a look. If there were any of those, they'd probably be in the $5-600 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Does the sale go tomorrow too? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it today but I'm interested in their iron selection (Mizuno specifically). Also, see what I could grab for a 20deg hybrid or new 15deg 3wood.
    The sale will go to March 31 as long as they have enough inventory to support being open.

Lob Wedge chuck is on a distinguished road
    The lineup was brutal. I got there at 10:30. 45 minutes to get in. 30 minutes to find a pair of shoes. 2.5 hours in the lineup to pay (like someone said - it started naer the cash and went all the way around the store back to the cash). If I go back, it will only be during weekday business hours to avoid such a crush.

Some good deals. I got a pair of Nike shoes for $65 and a Wilson Staff cart bag (with 14 divided slots) for $70, plus a few other things I didn't really need.

I always liked Chucks - too bad they will be gone soon.

3 Wood LeftyT is on a distinguished road LeftyT's Avatar
    I was in there today around noon and I waited maybe 15 to 20min in line. As for Balls, they have used and cheaper balls left. In the Clubs dept...don't bother looking for irons as I saw practically none. I saw a couple of decent drivers but not enough for me to wait in line. There were some hybrids. Putters not the best but there maybe one or two good ones left... They had tons of bags and seemed like there were good ones!!! As for clothes, shoes, gloves...there were a decent selection. I think I may pop by later next week. Hopefully they will reduce in price again.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Line to Cash was two hours at 4:15.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Does CB own the building?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    It took over 3 hrs to get in and out

Holy Crap!!!! I'm glad I bailed on that..........the company would have been good but........

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    Glad I did not waste my time in the lineup...... to bad the store did not get some of that business on a regular basis, may not be closing now!!!!!!
    It is very unfortunate!!!

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Got there about 8:00a.m. and was let in with the first bunch of customers,but unless you pushed your way through everyone it was hard to see exactly what they had. Had a couple of Callaway Fairway woods in my hand that would have been a good deal $300 for $150 but by the time I had decided the line at the cash was already going to be a couple of hours long. If you knew exactly what you were going there for it might have been ok. But decided I didn't need the woods at this time and put them back. Some irons sets there, but seemed to be more left handed stuff than right handed. And I found the clothing to be way over priced at full price so half price of a high price might have been ok but not a great deal to me. Line up to get in was long but line up for the cash was just about as long. Ended up leaving with nothing, but did see some decent deals. Judging from the line ups at the cash there probably wouldn't be much left by the end of today!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    In and out in 3hrs, but i did pick up some decent stuff , rain suit , wedge , balls and a few other bits and pieces . The store closes 31st march i'm sure they'll entertain offers on anything up until then , but there is a limited selection left.Worth calling in ,if your in the area.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Did anyone see any Nike bags there and any idea on the price?

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Does CB own the building?
    Given the changes to the store that I can remember over a good number of years, I'd say yes, absolutely. If not, they paid lots of money to expand and change things around...

Mike

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    seem to still have a few bags on hand

i didn't look at them as io do not need one at all, but there were abunch there.

othere than that, mostly just junk, left now, lots of goliath stuff and wilson stuff, no real good clubs left,
    some adams if you like them, and no balls at all

oi did pick up a set of the UST kids clubs red ones for my 5 yr old she will be thrilled.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31 View Post
    Given the changes to the store that I can remember over a good number of years, I'd say yes, absolutely. If not, they paid lots of money to expand and change things around...

Mike
    The building is up for sale - a sign is in the window facing Somerset. In all likelihood that confirms that the store owns the building. They're cashing out and heading for the hills, I guess!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gropper View Post
    Did anyone see any Nike bags there and any idea on the price?

They had a Nike cart bag..grey.. $110 - 50% = $55.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Stopped in yesterday didn't see a whole lot.. Some items are still overpriced.. Hogan drivers for 200 - 50% = 100. GT has em for 88 bucks.

My buddy snagged a pair of Cally shoes for 75 that was a good deal..

There were a couple drivers hanging around.. Some Cobra 454 Comps..

I thought some of the used stuff was still over priced.. When the the other stores closed they did "make an offer" on the used clubs.. Anyone know if they will do this here eventually?? There was an ignite driver that I looked at.. But it was still over 100 after the 50% off.. And not in the best of shape..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Thread Information