CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Mate and I

Lob Wedge Tonx is on a distinguished road

My Mate and I

Gday guys, took some vid, any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

keep in mind i've only be golfing for about 8 months

http://www.absolutebowling.com/uploads/golf.wmv

First shot is My friend, second shot is me.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    lots of movement in the lower body. and your set up looks very upright... but i need to see a different angle to see that

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    You definitely sway alot on your backswing instead of having a solid lower body and rotating your torso your whole body falls back. I think you need to move your legs a little further apart and get into a bit more of an athletic position knee wise.

Pitching Wedge Golftime is on a distinguished road
    As the others have said there is a lot of movement backwards instead of rotating. Keep the weight on the inside of your back leg on the backswing. It appears to be on the outside of your foot. Your head also dropped a lot indicating that you are not swinging on a single plane. So concentrate on keeping the back of your neck from moving around too much.
    It may just be the camera angle but the ball looks like it is quite forward in your stance at address. Back an inch may help.
    Again it is hard to tell but your grip looks very strong. The vee on your right hand looks like it is pointing to your back shoulder instead of between the shoulder and the chin.
    Follow through is good, nice and full and in balance.
    What is your usual flight pattern?

Your buddy should try and hold his balance at the end of the swing.
    Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Lob Wedge Tonx is on a distinguished road
    My usual flight pattern is basically straight.... When I am hitting them well all day (as opposed to the occasional poor drive) I get a very slight draw. I generally hit the drives much better at the start of the round. This shot was taken on 10th, and it was a 270 metre shot straight down the middle . Even though I think I swing quite slow compared to most, I generally outhit my friend as he fights a very very very strong slice.

I do take lessons, but I don't practise my driver anywhere near as much as my short and long irons. I've been told for my particular shot, where the ball is positioned in the video is perfect for my swing currently, however I definately will try moving it back a fraction to test

Just to clarify, I should keep my lower body more stable throughout the delivery and widen my stance a little.

Thanks very much for your comments so far guys!

8 Iron Fozz is on a distinguished road Fozz's Avatar
    A good way to prevent or at least limit the lower body movement is to concentrate on bracing the back knee (in your case the left knee). You should try to feel resistance to the inside of that back knee all the way to the top of your backswing. Like the others said, a little wider stance and a more knee flex (slightly) will help achieve that.

Pitching Wedge Golftime is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    A good way to prevent or at least limit the lower body movement is to concentrate on bracing the back knee (in your case the left knee). You should try to feel resistance to the inside of that back knee all the way to the top of your backswing. Like the others said, a little wider stance and a more knee flex (slightly) will help achieve that.
    A good drill is to place a stable object under your back foot and take an easy swing. Something like a one inch board will do the trick. It will keep your foot from rolling over and encourage keeping the back leg from moving laterally.
    Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

8 Iron Fozz is on a distinguished road Fozz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golftime View Post
    A good drill is to place a stable object under your back foot and take an easy swing. Something like a one inch board will do the trick. It will keep your foot from rolling over and encourage keeping the back leg from moving laterally.
    I like to stick an old club shaft in the ground that comes just outside my right knee at an angle. Then I make sure I don't touch it on the back swing.

Thread Information