CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge john dunigan is on a distinguished road

John Dunigan at your service

Hi there all.

My web site tells me where folks link to my web site from and I noticed ottawagolf.com regularly pops up. I thought I'd come for a visit before golf season gets going here in Pennsylvania to see if I could help answer some questions about golf, the swing, and learning, practicing and performing.

I also would like to know from Mr, Kilbank some specifics of how he set up this forum. I'm thinking about starting one on my site, but I'm a little afraid of how much I already work in-season.

All good wishes,

John

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    welcome to the site John!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Hi John. This forum is a commercial package http://www.vbulletin.com/
    Everything you need to know is well documented there and they have a great support forum too.

Good luck with your forum, and welcome to ours!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by john dunigan View Post
    My web site tells me where folks link to my web site from and I noticed ottawagolf.com regularly pops up. I thought I'd come for a visit before golf season gets going here in Pennsylvania to see if I could help answer some questions about golf, the swing, and learning, practicing and performing.
    John,

Perhaps I am partly to blame for some golfers visiting your site as I have made reference to your methodology several times, most recently in the instruction section under "More 'Plane' Truth." Having purchased your books and tape, I learned how to easily and effectively, return the hands/clubs onto the ideal plane on the down swing. This simple motion creates the ideal inside swing path and results is much more consistent ball striking, something which most of us strive for.

As this is a very active forum, I hope that your presence here both helps your business and also helps golfers become better ball strikers. While some of what you teach seems contrary to conventional teaching, that is what makes it so good. The truth nevers hurts.

BC,
    Does your name imply that you are from British Columbia? I had one the best times of my life skiing at Whistler. What an incredible place.

About golf. It still amazes me that people think my teaching is unconventional. Truly, all I teach (preach) is the way the club is designed to work. The one thing I like most is that my approach eliminates a lot of the "how to do it" instruction that takes people's mind off the club and onto body parts. Simple!

I'm very happy to have helped you improve. That's my goal in life!

John

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum john

this is the place to strutt your stuff!

btw...... is there a link to your site?
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Have you been happy with the performance of the software and customer service? Do you have to have a separate moderator, or is this something I can handle on my own?

Sorry for so many questions...

JD

http://www.johndunigan.com

I've also posted a couple of video clips on youtube.com.

JD

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Re Vbulliten: Yes I am very happy with the software. IMO it's the best available. As for the technical requirements to run it; Configuring your server requires installing PHP and MySQL and then installng the software itself. That's a bit of a task, but check with your ISP for assistance with that if it's over your head. Once installed there is a learning curve to set it up the way you want it, but it's no problem if you take your time and ask on the VB support forum when you get stuck. Once you get the hang of how it works under the hood, you're good to go.

Hope this helps.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Welcome to the site John, and if you knew BC MIST, you'd be quite proud if your teachings have helped his game. BC is one of the top players in this region. A very accomplished golfer.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Geoff,

I can't tell you how great that makes me feel, although I am not one of those who takes credit for what someone else does...I do like to know that I may have helped a little.

Thank you!

JD

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

tEACHINGS

I too have visited your site on many occasions as suggested by my teacher Pat Laderoute who BTW was referred to me by BC Mist. I love that site and I have watched your videos, I hope your next video is on the forearm thrust, the magic move. I would love to see it on video.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

7 Wood Stephen is on a distinguished road

Which Book

Hi John,

I have visited your site and enjoyed all the info and agree with what you are teaching I am ready to take the next step.

I would like to pick up one of your books but don't know which one I should get.

Is " Essential Golf " for beginners and " The Secret of the Golf Swing " for someone who already plays golf but wants to improve his/her swing. What would you recommend.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Stephen

Stephen,

Essential Golf works for those who need help from the short game up. For beginners, it's a really fast way to grasp the whole game from putt to drive. The Secret has no short game in it at all, but lots of different ideas about the full swing that are basically aimed at getting everybody hitting it from the inside.

So it really depends upon what you need. The Secret is more indepth, but Essential golf contains much of what is in the secret.

Thanks,

JD

Thread Information