CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

What do the Sens Do/Need?

With the NHL trade deadline only a few days away, what do you think the Sens will do if anything to better themselves for the playoff run?

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    I'll though I am a Leaf fan. I do love the Sens almost as much. I have been saying for years that they need a guy that has been there and done that. Gary Roberts would be a perfect example of what they need. If it means giving up a roster player now. I still think they need to go for it. Depending on who they want. Vermette is a good hockey player with a bright future but lets face it. In todays NHL teams are going to lose there talent over time anyways. So if Mukler thinks that this team has a legit chance at the cup. Than they need to risk it.
    If mukler dosn't make any moves. And it ends up being anouther season of disapointment. He's got to go.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I personally would love to see them get a Peca or Tucker type of player..... i love to hate those 2 players,but thats because they don't play for my team I agree that they need to add a player who has been through it, someone who will show them how to step it up a notch. The Sens have had some very very talented teams over the past few seasons but they haven't had anyone on those teams to 'guide' them. I thought Hasek would be there to do this last year, but we all know what happened there. I think Hasek hurt the team with the injury BS. Although he is one helluva Goaltender, he was in it for himself INHO.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Pick up Bertuzzi.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I'd like to see Roberts here if they can do it without giving up someone from the active roster.......failing that, Billy Guerin would also look nice in black, white and red.

What they REALLY need to do is to get Chris Philipps signed to a new contract, I also like to see Comrie stay around too and this guy named Emery, we might want to throw a buck or two at him when we are at it

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    How about cheerleaders???
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knickers View Post
    I'll though I am a Leaf fan. I do love the Sens almost as much. I have been saying for years that they need a guy that has been there and done that. Gary Roberts would be a perfect example of what they need. If it means giving up a roster player now. I still think they need to go for it. Depending on who they want. Vermette is a good hockey player with a bright future but lets face it. In todays NHL teams are going to lose there talent over time anyways. So if Mukler thinks that this team has a legit chance at the cup. Than they need to risk it.
    If mukler dosn't make any moves. And it ends up being anouther season of disapointment. He's got to go.
    what he said

Mucks is killing me. Just read on tsn that he thinks the price is too high and that he's not willing to sacrifice the future in order to make a deal. WAKE UP! The future is now. Ottawa has been saying the same thing for years: " we have a young team with a bright future and we don't want to give that up." Ya, well, you're going to have a young team with a bright future for years with that attitude, but you'll never have a winner. We don't need more young players, or to hold onto draft picks if our team is already one of the youngest in the league. We need to fill the holes necessary to make a cup run, and that involves getting players with playoff experience. Players who have WON in the playoffs, not finished disappointingly every year. Wake Up Mr. Muckler, your team is NOT complete and is not yet a playoff contender. You're getting fired this summer, so at least go out with a bang and try to get us a cup.

I must apologize to Mr Muckler. HUGE trade. We just traded Hedlund and a sixth rounder for Nycholat. NOW we're contenders. Any doubts I had have now surely been quashed.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    I think you will see Corvo go....for who or what I dunno....

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I could not agree more. Senators have beeen saying the same thing for years, all the while their team is getting less and less talented!

Please wake up and realise that we are on the downswing of talent level and must make a run here and now!

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Mucks is killing me. Just read on tsn that he thinks the price is too high and that he's not willing to sacrifice the future in order to make a deal. WAKE UP! The future is now. Ottawa has been saying the same thing for years: " we have a young team with a bright future and we don't want to give that up." Ya, well, you're going to have a young team with a bright future for years with that attitude, but you'll never have a winner. We don't need more young players, or to hold onto draft picks if our team is already one of the youngest in the league. We need to fill the holes necessary to make a cup run, and that involves getting players with playoff experience. Players who have WON in the playoffs, not finished disappointingly every year. Wake Up Mr. Muckler, your team is NOT complete and is not yet a playoff contender. You're getting fired this summer, so at least go out with a bang and try to get us a cup.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Somehow, I have always had the feeling that it was agreed upon that Murray would take Muckler's place when Mucks left. And that is why his contract has not been renewed.

I think this is his last year.

Quote Originally Posted by knickers View Post
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Roberts seems to be going for some no-name D-man to Pitt. How is that a price that is too high to pay???!?

If Muckler stands pat and Sens get eliminated in the first round, he's got to go. Murray seems frustrated in the past couple of days with his GM (not by what he's said but by what he hasn't said)... Murray has proven to be an excellent GM (essentially laying the foundation for what is going on in Anahiem right now)... he'd be a definite upgrade over the increasingly conservative Muckler. There comes a point in time when you've got to send a message to your team that you mean business by adding the spicy ingredient to the recipie... and Roberts woulda been that spice... there may still be time (Gelinas or a Gelinas-type player would be a decent pickup)...

Only time will tell.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I have my fingers crossed that they go after Bill Guerin.. I am very doubtful it will happen.. but I can wish can't I?? He would be a good fit on the first line with Spezza and Heatley..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Pick up Bertuzzi.
    I hope they don't touch that one..

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I think the Sens need Lawrence Nicholat.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I think the Sens need Lawrence Nicholat.
    Clearly he's the difference!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I'd like to see Roberts here if they can do it without giving up someone from the active roster.......failing that, Billy Guerin would also look nice in black, white and red.

What they REALLY need to do is to get Chris Philipps signed to a new contract, I also like to see Comrie stay around too and this guy named Emery, we might want to throw a buck or two at him when we are at it
    Roberts just got traded to Pitts, so that's out. I would also like to see Comrie stick around, he has played very well since being over in Ottawa. Me thinks that guy named Emery might get a slight pay increase from the current 0.925 million/year he is currently making

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Need

What the Sens need to do is acquire another solid defenceman like Chris Phillips. A guy who is a stay at home defenceman and can throw the body too. I wish they had tried to go after Eric Brewer from the Blues. Trade Corvo and a couple minor leaguers and pick up someone solid.

Crap - the Penguins just got a whole lot tougher........Gary Roberts and Georges Larocque

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Crap - the Penguins just got a whole lot tougher........Gary Roberts and Georges Larocque
    That is VERY good for them.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    That is VERY good for them.
    But BAD for the Sens

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Guerin goes to the Sharks. What is Mucks doin? oh ya Nothing as usual.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    Guerin goes to the Sharks. What is Mucks doin? oh ya Nothing as usual.
    Muckler and Sather have skated the last 20 years on the success that they had with the Oilers in the 80s.......but really what have either of these guys done since then?????

Mucks needs to go and SOON!!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    well. I think it is tougher than it looks to do these deals. And sometimes, the buyers is asking for more than the Sens are willing to give up. The Sens made a great pick up in Comrie - for the price of basically nothing. Add to that the whole cap issue and it's not as easy as it once was.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Muckler and Sather have skated the last 20 years on the success that they had with the Oilers in the 80s.......but really what have either of these guys done since then?????
    S.F.A.

Nycholat? W.T.F.????? Good move Mucks - trade for a D-man that will never have a regular spot in the top 6 for a D-man & a draft pick. What a maroon.
    The damage Mucks has done to this team will take years to repair.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    S.F.A.

Nycholat? W.T.F.????? Good move Mucks - trade for a D-man that will never have a regular spot in the top 6 for a D-man & a draft pick. What a maroon.
    The damage Mucks has done to this team will take years to repair.
    I agree 100%

Ooo.. Ottawa gets Oleg Saprykin.. Yippee

Mucks need to be fired IMMEDIATELY. THere is still one hour for Murray to make a real move (not that there is anyone left). Roberts for Noel Welch? You seriously couldn't come up with something to match that offer? You just picked up a D-man of similar caliber...was Nycholat too high a price to pay? Good grief. I am friggin fuming right now. Mucks has let another deadlline go buy, with a lot of talent and GRIT AND EXPERIENCE, and he's done nothing. If you look at what people have been giving up, the prices are very reasonable. If he doesn't have some deal in the works right now with somebody to pick up an already-traded player, we might as well throw the guy into the Canal and be done with it.

Thread Information